• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

reKon

Banned
Sony India Rep mentions they are working on a new design lol.

Seems about right for a phone from a company with no history at $700 with reviews blasting it's camera.

Great, now make bigger strides in the camera and stop leaving out OIS.

I personally want a dual camera, but I will buy a Sony flagship again if it's bezel less, has the highest end chip available from qualcomm, remains a battery beast like the old days, waterproof, and if I don't have root a phone just to enable the fingerprint scanner (can't root for security reasons with work).

Oh and an OLED screen would nice too.

Averon

Hey, guys. I am shopping for an affordable Android phone, and I settled on the Moto G5 Plus. My only question is whether to go for the 2GB model or the 4GB model. Will 2GB be enough for a phone that I will use for the next 2-3 years?

reKon

Banned
Hey, guys. I am shopping for an affordable Android phone, and I settled on the Moto G5 Plus. My only question is whether to go for the 2GB model or the 4GB model. Will 2GB be enough for a phone that I will use for the next 2-3 years?

You know I could actually argue yes, but just go for 4 GB.

this_guy

Jeffrey

Dr. Worm

Banned

If you're cool with a slightly larger version of that phone, the Moto G5S Plus's $230 version has 3 GB of RAM.

The deal of the day at Woot.com is a refurbed Google Pixel.

5" 32GB - $349.99
5" 128GB - $399.99
5.5" 32GB - $399.99
5.5" 128GB - $449.99

Not all combinations are available in all colors. They have the 5.5" 32GB model available in blue.

Wow, I haven't heard of Woot in years.

And thanks to being reminded about it I'm now going to be replacing my shitty toaster oven with a nice convection toaster oven for only $60, haha.

ty_hot

I don't understand why anyone would consider that important, and I ESPECIALLY don't know how anyone could want it over a headphone jack. Are people seriously listening to music through their phone speakers?! Speakers on phones, be it one or two of them, suck. Sure, for the random video here and there it's nice I guess, but fuck doing any real listening without headphones.

Worst design decision ever.
My OP3T has one bottom speaker that is a pain in the ass for "random videos" if I watch in landscape... My hand is on top of it. Phone is big so if I dont hold there it feels uncomfortable/heavy. Front speakers are awesome.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Interesting.

If you check the Samsung app store and the Google Play store the Samsung Browser Beta has different version numbers.

kaiyo

Great, now make bigger strides in the camera and stop leaving out OIS.

I personally want a dual camera, but I will buy a Sony flagship again if it's bezel less, has the highest end chip available from qualcomm, remains a battery beast like the old days, waterproof, and if I don't have root a phone just to enable the fingerprint scanner (can't root for security reasons with work).

Oh and an OLED screen would nice too.

You dont need root to enable FPS, u just flash an international firmware.

And include decent ass speakers

They do have good speakers just not loud enough (quality over loudness)

iPhone 8+ vs Xperia XZ1 video camera comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtivcypRiDs

What's with the iPhone 8+ mic?

teiresias

If I want to buy an Android tablet to act solely as a Play Music "control center" (so I can have album art of the currently playing song on a central screen) to control playback on a number of Chromecast Audios around the house, would an Amazon Fire HD work for that once I put the google software on it? Would it have any issues controlling casting to the chromecast audios?

I want to make the jump to T-Mobile but they don't have any promotions. Guess we'll see if they have something cooking for Black Friday, that's only a couple of months away now!

solarus

EDIT: Our source has confirmed they meant one back camera and one front camera, which Google is calling the “Pixel Cameras”.
I mean, fuck their source we already have those official leaked pics of the back and the colourways. No dual camera has been known.

Jeffrey

I want to make the jump to T-Mobile but they don't have any promotions. Guess we'll see if they have something cooking for Black Friday, that's only a couple of months away now!
Do the senior unlimited plan with a parent like me.

Rumors are now saying that wacky axon phone thing will be sd820. At&t only.

Meh.

ArchAngel

Pixel 2 screen protectors:
DKy9xtXXcAAun0K

DKz_L8YXoAAEyJT.jpg:large

DKz_Ue7WAAEm_3Z.jpg:large

Stereo for the xl too. Notification LED on the right? YES! Thought they might kill it for the bad always-on display shit.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
You might be closer than you think: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/09/28/leaked-slides-hint-might-ultra-pixel-phone-google/

nexus2cee_google-ultra-pixel-1-728x491.png

Third, again assuming the images and info is real, what on earth is that device? Given the top and bottom, Scott and Cody are leaning toward it being a rebranded Pixel 2 XL (maybe to compete with the iPhone X?), while I'm more on the fence. Arun's mention that the leakster suggested this phone had dual-cams (no slide for that) pushes me in that direction. Plus, I wouldn't put it past Google to make a higher-end Pixel to compete with the likes of the iPhone X, but then wouldn't it have to carry less bezels and a bigger display? And where on the price scale would that device be? We're already looking at a rumored starting price of $649 for the Pixel 2 and $849 for the Pixel 2 XL. Would the "Ultra pixel" push the price up to the $1000? And at $150 price difference, if you were already paying $850, would you really go for the XL if the Ultra was an option?

It is a mysteryyyy

LG V30 carrier and retailer deals:

Unlocked: No formal details on the unlocked model have been revealed at this time.

Verizon: Verizon will offer the V30 starting October 5th, but no pricing has been revealed.

AT&T: The LG V30 will hit AT&T online on October 5th, with in-store sales starting October 6th. For those curious, the AT&T version will work with AT&T’s new 5G Evolution network. The phone will cost $810 outright, or $27 per month for 30 months with AT&T Next. There’s also a deal for a free second V30 but there are, of course, some strings attached:

“For a limited time, buy an LG V30 and get one FREE when you add a line and buy both on AT&T Next with monthly eligible wireless and have eligible DIRECTV service.”

T-Mobile: T-mobile appears to be getting the phone a bit later, as pre-orders will begin on October 5th but sales won’t start until the 13th. The price will be $80 down and 30 per month for 24 months, which means outright pricing will be $800. It’s worth noting that the V30 is the first T-Mobile phone to support Tmo’s 600Mhz spectrum, which should give better performance in rural areas.

Nope.

Dobsie

Pixel 2 screen protectors:

Stereo for the xl too. Notification LED on the right? YES! Thought they might kill it for the bad always-on display shit.

So they're pretty much the same size, is there really any point in the regular pixel when its only going to be a few hundred dollars less.

Top Bottom