• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Laekon

Moto G5 Plus battery life is impressive as someone coming from a Nexus 5X. Woke up at 3am to travel from Philly to New Orleans for a family reunion. Battery life is at 51% with 5 hours of screen on time. The 5X would have been struggling.
The 5X would be dead. I never got 4 hours of screen time and I am a very light user.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
samsung-unpacked-2017.png

Aug 23rd, NOTE 8 THE OCHO

Joe

Any known fixes for a battery that suddenly reads incorrectly low and keeps shutting off?

Vs_IBm9_Q.png

Moto G4, updated the phone to Android 7 about a month ago. The issue started happening a week ago and occurs fairly frequently.

After the battery plummets the phone will only shut off when the screen is on. After the battery dropped to 2% I managed to start and play Spotify on cell-data for over two hours with the screen off as a test - the second I turned the screen on it shut off.

I read online that it might be related to fast chargers and the battery needs to be replaced.

However I've noticed this a lot of similar cases with recently updated Moto G4's which hopefully means it may be a software issue.

Joba62x

Neo Member
Quick Nexus 5x question, It went in for warranty repair and is on its way back. The repair notes say they replaced the main board. How long does a 5x with a factory replaced board tend to last? I bought it new and it bricked after 15 months. Thanks for the input.

Quick Nexus 5x question, It went in for warranty repair and is on its way back. The repair notes say they replaced the main board. How long does a 5x with a factory replaced board tend to last? I bought it new and it bricked after 15 months. Thanks for the input.

I believe it's around the same time. You should sell it now and buy something non LG

VoxPop

Just got my S8. A lot smaller than I expected coming from a 7 Plus. Maybe I should have opted for the S8+. Forgot how much of a headache Android was and these Samsung popups while opening any native app/setting are pretty annoying. Enjoying it so far though. Hopefully I can have the entire phone cleaned up by later tonight.

obin_gam

Which of Sonys Xperia Xs gets you the best piece of equipment?
I get so confused with all the X-variants :/
I have a Z3 Compact right now, thinking about upgrading in the fall to a good future proof Xperia

Jeffrey

Which of Sonys Xperia Xs gets you the best piece of equipment?
I get so confused with all the X-variants :/
I have a Z3 Compact right now, thinking about upgrading in the fall to a good future proof Xperia
XZ premium is the only Xperia with a sd835 atm.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Hi -name redacted-

I personally wanted to thank you for putting your name down for our first phone. We've been hard at work getting everything ready and the good news is that we’re now going through certification and testing with multiple US and international carriers.

You might be getting impatient to get your hands on your new Essential Phone (and I’m also impatient to get it to you!) but rest assured that you will have a device in your hands in a few weeks.

In the meantime, give us a shout out using #thisisessential to show the team that sweating the details and working long hours to get this device shipped is worth it.

Andy

Suuuuuure Andy

yagal

So LG just announced the Q8 , a small V20, IP67 with a non removable battery. They really need to priced it very well because I don't know who gonna buy it. It's a 820 device in 08/2017, they will reveal the V30, the G6 is 400€.

The device don't make sense for me, do they have stock of unsold 820??? Stupid Lg
Put a 835 on that phone a you have a good device

Jeffrey

So LG just announced the Q8 , a small V20, IP67 with a non removable battery. They really need to priced it very well because I don't know who gonna buy it. It's a 820 device in 08/2017, they will reveal the V30, the G6 is 400€.

The device don't make sense for me, do they have stock of unsold 820??? Stupid Lg
Put a 835 on that phone a you have a good device
Isn't the g6+ with a sd821 like $800 in Korea. LG pls

reKon

Banned
Got that email too, no templates or anything. So ghetto. Andy the marketing guy now their legit one left lol.

Lol, this made me think of one of the clothing models on the Big Baller Brand web site looking like Lavar Ball (they cut off the head portion so you can't actually tell).

Andy doing this himself.

Clauss

I'm ready to pay my Note 5 off in full from my AT&T Next plan so I can hop over to Project Fi with a shiny "Pixel 2 XL" this fall. Can anyone attest to the quality of Fi?

You can always try flashing TWRP or a factory image on Google's site. If you can't do those, you probably got struck with the 6P's bootloop of death.

Poor bastard can't get much further than the initial screen after it says Android. I have an S8 now. Not too bad. I miss my pure Android though. I'll keep it for now as a backup. I'm getting the pixel XL 2 dammit

MattDoza

I'm ready to pay my Note 5 off in full from my AT&T Next plan so I can hop over to Project Fi with a shiny "Pixel 2 XL" this fall. Can anyone attest to the quality of Fi?
Good not great. I feel like I'm on T-Mobile about 90% of the time. And the times that I'm not the phone can take too long to find the best available network. There's apps out there to force these switches to the other networks. But, I live in a smaller town. That experience will vary based on your location. I think it's very much worth a shot. Especially if you're a light data user. I had a stretch of months where my bill was like ~$30/month.

Yes. New Sony stuff should be announced in August.

Man no one is buying my s8+. Never buying Samsung again.

I told you lol. Was hard as shit to sell mine. Sat on Craigslist for a month. I finally sold it with case and 64 gb sd card for like $600. Mine was still brand new with plastic too. Market is wrecked for Samsung.

VoxPop

Yes. New Sony stuff should be announced in August.

Man no one is buying my s8+. Never buying Samsung again.

Just got in on a B1G1 deal and gifted one to my dad and was gonna use one to replace my 7 Plus. Ended up deciding I don't want it and just gave it to my gf to replace her 6S which she gladly did. You can find one pretty easily for around 580-650 right now.

Jeffrey

I'm even throwing in the gear vr and a dozen cases lol.

Think I'll drop another 50... And just give it to my dad if it doesn't sell... His birthday is in August and he was kinda jealous that I got my mom an apple watch for mother day and him a chrome cast lol.

No one is buying used S8s.

There's too many constant deals for anyone to buy a used S8 without a serious discount.

tihs.

several coworkers in the last month have gotten a New S8+, but one guy trying to sell his (he wants a Note 8) can't get it sold.

nobody wants to buy it used.

i told him to wait for the note but noooooooooooooooooo

IronRaven

tihs.

several coworkers in the last month have gotten a New S8+, but one guy trying to sell his (he wants a Note 8) can't get it sold.

nobody wants to buy it used.

i told him to wait for the note but noooooooooooooooooo

Almost no one ever wants to wait for shiny new technology. Most consumers want it now.

Jeffrey

you live and learn. Think ill only get samsung used from now on. Also being on t-mobile now gives me more flexibility in terms of features with unlocked phones.

hopefully can get rid of this before essential ships.

IronRaven

you live and learn. Think ill only get samsung used from now on. Also being on t-mobile now gives me more flexibility in terms of features with unlocked phones.

I'm guessing your S8+ won't be compatible with Verizon.

Never buy Samsung when it first comes out. Note 8 will be on bogo free within a couple of months and probably $500-$600 on resale market. All of these overpriced phones drop in value so fast. Buying day 1 is for suckers. No one is running out to buy new phones unless it's an iPhone so wait a month and save $200-$300 when Samsung is trying to hit their sales goals.

Top Bottom