• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angela Bassett Joins Marvel's Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
https://news.marvel.com/movies/55317/angela-bassett-boards-marvels-black-panther/

Academy Award-nominated actress Angela Bassett has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther.” Bassett, who currently stars in “American Horror Story,” will play Ramonda, mother of T’Challa, aka Black Panther.

Directed by Ryan Coogler (“Fruitvale Station,” “Creed”), “Black Panther” stars Chadwick Boseman in the title role alongside Michael B. Jordan, Forest Whitaker, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, and Florence Kasumba. The film arrives in theaters on February 16, 2018.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Damn. My hype getting higher and higher by the minute. I'll reach critical point when I see Killmonger's inevitable suit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus christ, this movie is like a who's who of celebrated black actors.

Marvel going all in, I like it.

JCX

So like everyone basically.

Can't wait for this and Pacific Rim 2 to come out close in February 2018.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The set of this movie is just going to be all of Black Hollywood. If you didn't get invited to this one, they got you in the sequel.

Bassett always brings it, so I'm glad she's part of the cast

tirminyl

Hot damn!

This movie is stacked with great actors.

Edit - I am not even gonna use the term "black movie" as that puts it in a box. I am hyped that this will be a great movie for everyone.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Looking at IMDB, the cast so far is:

Danai Gurira - Okoye
Martin Freeman - Everett Ross
Forest Whitaker - Zuri
Lupita Nyong'o - Nakia
Angela Bassett - Ramonda
Chadwick Boseman - T'Challa
Michael B. Jordan - Kilmonger
Daniel Kaluuya - W'Kabi
Florence Kasumba - Ayo
Winston Duke - M'Baku

Plus your obligatory Stan Lee cameo and Letitia Wright in a unspecified role. Klaw still isn't confirmed, but he's likely to show up.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looking at IMDB, the cast so far is:

Danai Gurira - Okoye
Martin Freeman - Everett Ross
Forest Whitaker - Zuri
Lupita Nyong'o - Nakia
Angela Bassett - Ramonda
Chadwick Boseman - T'Challa
Michael B. Jordan - Kilmonger
Daniel Kaluuya - W'Kabi
Florence Kasumba - Ayo
Winston Duke - M'Baku

Plus your obligatory Stan Lee cameo and Letitia Wright in a unspecified role. Klaw still isn't confirmed, but he's likely to show up.

I hope Stan Lee plays a crazed old racist in his cameo.

Raptor

LIke if I needed more reason to watch this,

Look at this booty!!

10749564_722806121135975_870453679_n-e1414141336303.jpg

this is THE black movie. woosh. i was hoping they'd get the freshman class of black actors (lupita, MJB, danai) and the seniors too.

really sucks denzel couldn't be TChaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom