• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angela Bassett Joins Marvel's Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunonabi

Hell yes. I wanted Bassett as Storm but I'll certainly take her in Black Panther. This is easily my most wanted movie now.

Kreed

He believes people should be able to 'disagree' with it.

Smh. I looked it up and I see it's from a 2012 GQ interview so hopefully he's gone through the same "wake up call" a lot of other celebrities/people have done since then on gay rights (including Obama who's changed stance on gay marriage they were talking about in the interview).

BLACKLAC

Bassett__Angela__British_Academy_Film_Awards_2016-07_.jpg

FylwDoB.png

I swear marvel is trying to end me before the movie even has a trailer. Jesus Christ imma need a moment.

I feel like I just got baptized

Chojin

Im an ass man, what can I tell you.

I like her since Strange Days

Her and her booty made up for the time I lost with Green Lantern ;)

Also Strange Days is awesome. That is all.

Slay The Read!

This movie is going to piss off so many white people and it will be glorious!

"Why isn't there White Panther?"
"So its just all black people? Thats reverse racist!"

A friend of mine who is a white male in his mid upper 40s enjoyed pretty much every Marvel Movie save for Guardians (which I thought would be a no brainer cause he's a Star Wars/Star Trek fanatic) didn't sound too interested in the Black Panther movie :( He was legit shook that Wakanda was so "Technologically Advanced" and when I told him that Wakanda was the richest and most advanced country in the Marvel Universe he gave me a look of incredulity and then brushed it off as "some new thing" and I told him that Wakanda and the Black Panther first came along in the 60s he still couldn't believe it and said it doesn't fit in with his idea of the MCU. And I said you'll accept aliens and inter-dimensional beings, men who can shrink to the size of an Ant, Norse Gods on Earth among other things but a rich, African country who is superior to the West is implausible? And he merely said "yes" Sigh. . .

An amazing cast gets even better.

Slay The Read!

It happend with the Luke Cage TV series - Black Panther is going to be so much worse. Especially now.

dbztrk

Slay The Read!

I worry about viewer turnout considering that we are in Trump's America.

Apt101

It will be a miracle if they manage to make a bad movie. That director, the top four headliners? This has to be a hit.

Smh. I looked it up and I see it's from a 2012 GQ interview so hopefully he's gone through the same "wake up call" a lot of other celebrities/people have done since then on gay rights (including Obama who's changed stance on gay marriage they were talking about in the interview).
Obama still disagrees with it and still pushed for it.

Makes sense. This film has taken steps to include a large majority of established black actors in hollywood

Like it's glaringly missing denzel at this point and viola too. But the latter is understandable considering she's already waller and denzel I imagine would be too much for this already stacked cast.

Best mcu movie prolly. Or at least up there with iron man and Guardians when it releases. Creed was dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom