• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing and 8-Bit Mario Amiibo Leaked

Aren't there 3 yarn Yoshi amiibo?

Don't want doubles except really cool ones like 8-bit and yarn. It's why I do want any of the new Mario line except Toad.

*people visiting your home*

"Wow... I guess SatoAilDarko really likes Nintendo"

Dude I have all the Figmas, most of the Mario board games, Wall Graffix of Link, Donkey Kong, Metroid and a bunch of Mario ones. Also I'm collecting the Jakks figures.

People already think I am weird. Even kids, because they aren't out of the box.

I have interest in niche stuff in all media. Nintendo is perhaps the most mainstream thing I like. I've only seen maybe seven movies in theaters for the last decade.

thats just 1 year in, imagine 5 years from now :p

I'm hoping for them to be mostly alternates. I don't want a complete collection. Just the Smash line plus all unique ones and some cool alts.

Vena

Space must be hell for those collecting all of them.

I use them to decorate my computer desk, and I put a few of them around the lab at work to spice up the place. Everyone in the lab enjoyed their inclusion... though not to many were sure what/who some of them were.

HUELEN10

I use them to decorate my computer desk, and I put a few of them around the lab at work to spice up the place. Everyone in the lab enjoyed their inclusion... though not to many were sure what/who some of them were.
After someone got their Lucario swiped at the office, no one brings Amiibo for their desks anymore, just Pop vinyls, pictures of loved ones, and ponies.

The thirst is real.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Always had faith in an AC line, considering Nook's on the official signage in most stores.

Buyin' the heck outta Tom Nook, Isabelle, and KK Slider. Crossing my fingers for Mr. Resetti, Copper, Booker, and Blathers.

danwu

Banned
After someone got their Lucario swiped at the office, no one brings Amiibo for their desks anymore, just Pop vinyls, pictures of loved ones, and ponies.

The thirst is real.

yep, i'm worried about amiibo theft too, better safe than sorry !

Impotaku

lol at the 8 bit mario, step your game up Nintendo. Pepsi was doing that shit back in 2005
Super-Mario-Bros-Pepsi-Bottles-Cap-Fogure-30-set-Japan-Game-Nintendo-toy-Promo.jpg

Love that 8-bit Mario.

The fact that its branded 30th Anniversary rather than Mario Maker makes me wonder if theres also a separate Anniversary collection-esque game coming.

PopeReal

I would guess the first wave of Animal Crossing Amiibos will be pretty easy to find.

But if they add a whole bunch more down the road, with all the obscure characters.... it could get crazy.

HUELEN10

lol at the 8 bit mario, step your game up Nintendo. Pepsi was doing that shit back in 2005
Super-Mario-Bros-Pepsi-Bottles-Cap-Fogure-30-set-Japan-Game-Nintendo-toy-Promo.jpg
I wanted those so bad, but I was in high school back then. My parents let me use my debit to pay for import plushies, pay for import CDs, pay for import games, buy legally dubious game hardware, and order pizza, but they crossed the line at these.

"You aren't spending your money on bottle caps, you can get Soda here for free; just drink by the can."

Damn... how much does a complete set like this go for now?

danwu

Banned
Love that 8-bit Mario.

The fact that its branded 30th Anniversary rather than Mario Maker makes me wonder if theres also a separate Anniversary collection-esque game coming.

Yeah, Nintendo will have a few more 30th anniversary stuff but probably not another amiibo.

Hatchtag

Banned
Blown away how much has leaked this year. I want 8 bit lakitu in cloud

What's leaked is still relatively low:
-Hyrule Warriors 3DS
-Animal Crossing and 8-bit Mario Amiibo
-Smash Bros DLC
I mean, last year's leaks:
-Mario Maker
-Smash Bros characters
It's roughly the same minus the Amiibo.

Impotaku

I wanted those so bad, but I was in high school back then. My parents let me use my debit to pay for import plushies, pay for import CDs, pay for import games, buy legally dubious game hardware, and order pizza, but they crossed the line at these.

"You aren't spending your money on bottle caps, you can get Soda here for free; just drink by the can."

Damn... how much does a complete set like this go for now?

Stick in pepsi mario on ebay, there's loads on there but complete sets are stupidly priced.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pepsi-Bou...42?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_71&hash=item23500bb226

Mononoke

Banned
It never ends. This is the worst addiction I've ever had.

I wish I was casual collector, that just picked the ones I liked. But since I have EVERY SINGLE amiibo released, I feel like I have to go all the way in, and complete the collection. I told myself I would stop after the Smash line (but even that keeps getting new characters). Then with each new amiibo announcement, I love the way the new ones look (even more than Smash line, with some of these). I want all of these. ALL OF THESE!

But I do love these. So curse you Nintendo. :D

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ahhhhh Must have those Animal Crossing Amiibos!

And I gladly await an Animal Crossing WiiU game.

tebunker

Banned
Always had faith in an AC line, considering Nook's on the official signage in most stores.

Buyin' the heck outta Tom Nook, Isabelle, and KK Slider. Crossing my fingers for Mr. Resetti, Copper, Booker, and Blathers.
As long as it is kept reasonable and there isn't too much locked off behind Amiibo I am stoked for AC wiiU

Nintendo pls stop my wallet can't take it~~~~

I have to be strong. I only need the Tom Nook from Animal Crossing.

But K.K. Slider looks so good! Okay, maybe that one too.

Oh man, people love Isabelle - she's gonna be super rare, I'd better make sure I get one of those!

Well, I mean, I ordered most of them... It would be silly not to get the whole set now....

This is my exact thought process with Amiibos :(

danwu

Banned
-Hyrule Warriors 3DS
-Smash Bros DLC
-Mario Maker
-Smash Bros characters

I think it just points to the fact that Nintendo has a lot of stuff to show. As for the amiibo and hyrule leaks, they weren't going to be big parts of the show anyway.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
a sucker for anything Animal Crossing, but I've held my ground on the Villager amiibo (and any amiibo) so far

no kapp'n makes me a sad panda though

Well aside from the hints provided by the EAD producer of Animal Crossing;

You will notice an Amiibo of Isabella, and then an NFC card of Isabella with the 3DS. Nintendo has not made an exclusive Amiibo for 3DS yet because they are not 1:1 (you either need to buy a n3DS or buy the reader). That's why Miyamoto decided on incorporating the "Amiibo cards" for the 3DS, soo the Amiibo line definitely hints heavy at that rumored Wii U version.

Ah ok. I forgot that HHM uses amiibo cards. Now that makes more sense...would be interesting to see 2 animal crossing games this E3.

ryseing

Adding Isabelle to the list of "Amiibos I want even though I don't own a Wii U".

She's going to be stupid hard to find isn't she?

-Hyrule Warriors 3DS
-Smash Bros DLC
-Mario Maker
-Smash Bros characters

We haven't had the show floor pics yet, always a massive leak from them

Top Bottom