• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

t1434484800z1.png

Current Votes
Ouro, RNH,Fran,Ultron, and Nin have yet to vote.

Ourobolus (3)
Haly
Retro
Darryl

kingkitty (3)
EzekelRAGE
Razmos
Squidyj

No Evict(3)
Timeaisis
Kingkitty
Tom

Honestly, should look at the no votes next day phase as well if we have any. With as close as this vote can be, not voting/waiting an hour within deadline doesn't help town at all. Especially the latter in regards to discussing votes.

Current Votes
Ouro,Ultron, and Nin have yet to vote.

Ourobolus (4)
Haly
Retro
Darryl
RNH

kingkitty (4)
EzekelRAGE
Razmos
Squidyj
Fran

No Evict(3)
Timeaisis
Kingkitty
Tom

franconp

Because there was a triple tie so we needed to break that. Voting no evicting wouldn't make any diferente and I don't want to be the last Ourobolus's vote. If he indead has that role (even as an HHA) I don't want to be evicted.

Because there was a triple tie so we needed to break that. Voting no evicting wouldn't make any diferente and I don't want to be the last Ourobolus's vote. If he indead has that role (even as an HHA) I don't want to be evicted.

Voting no evict makes today a standard day

Also people trusting Ouro's role makes me distrust them, it seems so obviously a lie to scare people away to me

franconp

When I voted it was a triple tie so voting no evict would only put no evict first and we still had a tie between Ourobolus and Kingkitty so no eviction. I think we should evict at least one person.

It seems like a lie but I don't want to take chances. He may have that role being HHA.

RNH, why not KK? Other than you want no evict and only one eviction.

Because his actions in the Salva/Hobo fight would've been a terrible plan had he been HHA. Trying to force a tie at the last second would put way too much heat on him. I also doubt any HHA would've left it that late to vote.

Aside from that, he seems fairly similar to how he acted last game from what I can remember.

Basically, I haven't been convinced by any arguments for him thus far, I feel like Timeaisis would be a much better vote.

Because his actions in the Salva/Hobo fight would've been a terrible plan had he been HHA. Trying to force a tie at the last second would put way too much heat on him. I also doubt any HHA would've left it that late to vote.

Aside from that, he seems fairly similar to how he acted last game from what I can remember.

Basically, I haven't been convinced by any arguments for him thus far, I feel like Timeaisis would be a much better vote.

What about him being the lost partner?

Because we had a deathless night on an odd night? They could've just targeted Haly, no?

They could've, but in a previous post, I went through all of Haly's post on day 3 and he did nothing to draw attention to himself for the HHA to target him.

This was in response to Haly saying they had no reason to target King over the investigator, but had a reason to target him(Haly) over the investigator.

KO947BHR1OA6GjwhB_jr.png

They could've, but in a previous post, I went through all of Haly's post on day 3 and he did nothing to draw attention to himself for the HHA to target him.

This was in response to Haly saying they had no reason to target King over the investigator, but had a reason to target him(Haly) over the investigator.

KO947BHR1OA6GjwhB_jr.png

Day 3's the same day franconp revealed he was an investigator. Just throwing that out there.

And something I've just thought of - day 3 I thought KK was the commuter. That's what his deflection led me to believe. Who's to say HHA didn't think the same way and didn't want to risk it, but got the wrong person?

Day 3's the same day franconp revealed he was an investigator. Just throwing that out there.

It's mentioned in the image/quotes as well.

And something I've just thought of - day 3 I thought KK was the commuter. That's what his deflection led me to believe. Who's to say HHA didn't think the same way and didn't want to risk it, but got the wrong person?

Nothing about his deflection read commuter to me, it read possible power role to me.

Was there a quick edit in here somewhere? When I refreshed some sentences scooted over like more words were added or something.

Also time, you didn't answer this, but answered the 2nd part of the post. I'm positive there was an edit, because I just hit refresh but the words moved over.

Current Votes
Ouro/Ultron have yet to vote.

Ourobolus (4)
Haly
Retro
Darryl
RNH

kingkitty (5)
EzekelRAGE
Razmos
Squidyj
Fran
Nin

No Evict(3)
Timeaisis
Kingkitty
Tom

kingkitty

I believe on Day 5 Ezkiel floated the idea that I might be the commuter. If Ezkiel came to that conclusion based on my behavior, who is to say mafia didn't think the same as well?

I think King is commuter on odd nights and mafia targeted him, which is why there was no kill.

And as you mentioned before, my mafia behavior sucks. As a town, we're banking that I'm mafia who doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I try to throw Hobodobo under the bus by getting franconp to investigate, but then I vote as late as possible to save Hobodobo in the same day.

I even wrote up a post early in the thread about how to avoid suspicion as mafia, which included not to stick out by voting late, but hey I must be idiot mafia who doesn't follow his own advice!

Anyways

Hopeful scenario:

1 innocent townie evicted
1 mafia evicted.

Bad scenario:

3 innocent townies evicted.

Hopefully Ourobolus is just bluffing scum, otherwise we might embarrass ourselves in front of those star wars punks.

I believe on Day 5 Ezkiel floated the idea that I might be the commuter. If Ezkiel came to that conclusion based on my behavior, who is to say mafia didn't think the same as well?

Day 5 yes, not on day 3 I didn't and that is the day in question. I did not come to the conclusion you were commuter on day 3. I figured you had some sort of power role. So if I can come to that conclusion, who is to say the mafia didn't think the same as well?

And as you mentioned before, my mafia behavior sucks. As a town, we're banking that I'm mafia who doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I try to throw Hobodobo under the bus by getting franconp to investigate, but then I vote as late as possible to save Hobodobo in the same day.

I even wrote up a post early in the thread about how to avoid suspicion as mafia, which included not to stick out by voting late, but hey I must be idiot mafia who doesn't follow his own advice!

I never said your behavior as mafia ever sucked?

We went around in circles like this before the other day. I keep on bringing up that your posts drawing attn to yourself could point to you being the lost partner, you ignore that theory and focus on misrepresenting how you caused so much drama on Salva's vote day and Hobo.

kingkitty

Day 5 yes, not on day 3 I didn't and that is the day in question. I did not come to the conclusion you were commuter on day 3. I figured you had some sort of power role. So if I can come to that conclusion, who is to say the mafia didn't think the same as well?

LOL, a far cry "nothing from his role read as commuter". But what you're saying here doesn't discredit what I said. Very real possibility mafia might have thought I was a commuter.

I never said your behavior as mafia ever sucked?

I was talking to RobotNinjaHornets.

LOL, a far cry "nothing from his role read as commuter". But what you're saying here doesn't discredit what I said. Very real possibility mafia might have thought I was a commuter.

That is not a far cray from "nothing from his role read as commuter" You and RNH are making the claim that it was obvious on DAY 3 that you read as another commuter. I said I didn't read it that way on DAY 3 and you posted a quote on me saying you might have been a commuter from a post on DAY 5. I skimmed a little on Day 3 and commuter seems to be only mentioned twice, once by Maz saying there may be another commuter on odds nights and Haly agreeing with it. Can you find a post on Day 3 where I said you were a commmuter? I bet you can find a post of me and others questioning why you are making yourself stick out like a sore them for the HHA as some kind of power role.

Do you have any other defense for making yourself stick out as a power role for HHA other than, "distracting mafia"?

squidyj

your post history in this thread says otherwise.

If Ourobolus isn't mafia, consider burning nin1000's house down.

If you're not mafia I want to burn his house down. I didn't like the fact that he had weak reads on everyone and his only comment about you was "he defended himself but fuck that guy" and proceeded to vote on you. Like, that's not a good reason at all, feels like he's piggybacking a vote and hoping to get a townie lynched. His suspicion of haly and trusting of Franconp at this point in the game is suspicious to me as well. Like that's a negaverse view of this game to me, it's Haly you should trust and Franconp that you should doubt. Franconp has suggested at times plays that are bad for town. I know what he'll say about why he did it, but it's what he's done.

Of course this all disappears tomorrow if franconp finds Tom Nook or the older nephew, then he's confirmed town to me which is why he shouldn't waste time investigating haly IMO, because finding another mafia is the best way to prove yourself as town and if you prove yourself as town you bring others into that confirmed town circle as well. Investigating haly and all i'll think you'll do is confirm that he is commuter and that doesn't help town.

Going into tomorrow my top HHA are franconp and nin, and I've made most of my reasoning clear on that. I'm fairly convginced that Haly and RNH are town. There are a few other I suspect are townies, like Ezekal, Razmos, and Tom. hopefully I'll be here tomorrow to talk about it.

kingkitty

We went around in circles like this before the other day. I keep on bringing up that your posts drawing attn to yourself could point to you being the lost partner, you ignore that theory and focus on misrepresenting how you caused so much drama on Salva's vote day and Hobo.

Also I didn't misrepresent, you're just willing to hand wave weird behavior. I am either confused townie or dumb noobscum mafia who doesn't know what he's doing. And you're banking on the latter.

You're also willing to evict an extra person for today, when it's not necessary. We could push for an Ourobolus vote and a no-eviction. Instead you want to evict an extra person despite the clear doubt. That mafia could have thought I was commuter based on my behavior on day 3. That mafia could have hit Haly on day 3. That my behavior is just bad, ill advised mafia behavior.

If I was mafia, the mafia chat for Day 3 probably would have went like "Yes kingkitty, get franconp to investigate Hobodob. I'm sure no one will found his role title suspicious. Oh yeah and when it looks like Hobodo is about to get evicted, we need you to rush in at the last second to save him. We are mafia, and we don't want to win."

franconp

If you're not mafia I want to burn his house down. I didn't like the fact that he had weak reads on everyone and his only comment about you was "he defended himself but fuck that guy" and proceeded to vote on you. Like, that's not a good reason at all, feels like he's piggybacking a vote and hoping to get a townie lynched. His suspicion of haly and trusting of Franconp at this point in the game is suspicious to me as well. Like that's a negaverse view of this game to me, it's Haly you should trust and Franconp that you should doubt. Franconp has suggested at times plays that are bad for town. I know what he'll say about why he did it, but it's what he's done.

Of course this all disappears tomorrow if franconp finds Tom Nook or the older nephew, then he's confirmed town to me which is why he shouldn't waste time investigating haly IMO, because finding another mafia is the best way to prove yourself as town and if you prove yourself as town you bring others into that confirmed town circle as well. Investigating haly and all i'll think you'll do is confirm that he is commuter and that doesn't help town.

Going into tomorrow my top HHA are franconp and nin, and I've made most of my reasoning clear on that. I'm fairly convginced that Haly and RNH are town. There are a few other I suspect are townies, like Ezekal, Razmos, and Tom. hopefully I'll be here tomorrow to talk about it.

Explain me why you think that and I will answer. It's simple. You want discussion, let's have it.

Also what's your opinión on Ultron?

Also I didn't misrepresent, you're just willing to hand wave weird behavior. I am either confused townie or dumb noobscum mafia who doesn't know what he's doing. And you're banking on the latter.
You are misrepresenting the drama you caused. You are acting like you caused this big stink about the voting, when no one really questioned you that much when you said "oh no, I was confused, I thought it was tied". It wasn't until this day phase I questioned why you thought it was tied and you gave some weak excuse saying "I counted w/o looking at who voted, just 1,2,3,4". Even if you did count like that, you would still see me and kark's vote update in a post.

\
You're also willing to evict an extra person for today, when it's not necessary. We could push for an Ourobolus vote and a no-eviction. Instead you want to evict an extra person despite the clear doubt. That mafia could have thought I was commuter based on my behavior on day 3. That mafia could have hit Haly on day 3. That my behavior is just bad, ill advised mafia behavior.
You or RNH have posted nothing saying they wouldve read you as commuter on odd nights.
You/RNH/Haly have posted nothing as to a reason they would focus Haly that night.
I have posted a possible reason they focused you on that night.

If I was mafia, the mafia chat for Day 3 probably would have went like "Yes kingkitty, get franconp to investigate Hobodob. I'm sure no one will found his role title suspicious. Oh yeah and when it looks like Hobodo is about to get evicted, we need you to rush in at the last second to save him. We are mafia, and we don't want to win."
If you were lost partner, you wouldn't have been able to talk in day 3 mafia chat. And lost partner knows id of HHA, so you could've been planting the seeds for a defense.

Also, see you are still ignoring the post/lost partner question, to focus on other parts of the argument
Do you have any other defense for making yourself stick out as a power role for HHA other than, "distracting mafia"?

kingkitty

That is not a far cray from "nothing from his role read as commuter" You and RNH are making the claim that it was obvious on DAY 3 that you read as another commuter. I said I didn't read it that way on DAY 3 and you posted a quote on me saying you might have been a commuter from a post on DAY 5. I skimmed a little on Day 3 and commuter seems to be only mentioned twice, once by Maz saying there may be another commuter on odds nights and Haly agreeing with it. Can you find a post on Day 3 where I said you were a commmuter? I bet you can find a post of me and others questioning why you are making yourself stick out like a sore them for the HHA as some kind of power role.

If I end up evicted, I expect you to tattoo the words "I was wrong" on your cat. If you don't have a cat, buy one.

Unless you're mafia, which I suppose is still a possibility. But hopefully you're just a well-meaning townie, who made some key decisions that were wrong.

nin1000

Banned
and sorry that i dont have those magical eyes that give me the reads you have.
Sorry for being that defensive but hell i dont like it !

If I end up evicted, I expect you to tattoo the words "I was wrong" on your cat. If you don't have a cat, buy one.

Unless you're mafia, which I suppose is still a possibility. But hopefully you're just a well-meaning townie, who made some key decisions that were wrong.

If I am wrong, sucks, hope we can still win. Overall, wouldn't feel too bad, since I would still make these same arguments the next day phase since your arguments haven't done much to move me from my theory. You also didn't answer any of the questions you quoted.

kingkitty

If you were lost partner, you wouldn't have been able to talk in day 3 mafia chat. And lost partner knows id of HHA, so you could've been planting the seeds for a defense.

Actually I meant Day 5, when everything Hodobo related occurred.

Also, see you are still ignoring the post/lost partner question, to focus on other parts of the argument

My defense is good enough to say that you're wrong. It's a defense I've repeated over and over in this thread. And I gave up a little while ago trying to read most of your paragraphs (which is full of the same wrong stuff since this day phase started). I don't have the will anymore to argue with you in great lengths, you're too far gone living in wrong valley, being wrong. My defense obviously does nothing to dent your shield of wrongness.

kingkitty

If I am wrong, sucks, hope we can still win. Overall, wouldn't feel too bad, since I would still make these same arguments the next day phase since your arguments haven't done much to move me from my theory. You also didn't answer any of the questions you quoted.

actually, you should feel like "gee maybe I shouldn't have had tunnel vision when I was trying to piece the evidence together." It's not bad to be humble.

but that's okay, I still expect you to tattoo your cat. I want pictures.

You are misrepresenting the drama you caused. You are acting like you caused this big stink about the voting, when no one really questioned you that much when you said "oh no, I was confused, I thought it was tied". It wasn't until this day phase I questioned why you thought it was tied and you gave some weak excuse saying "I counted w/o looking at who voted, just 1,2,3,4". Even if you did count like that, you would still see me and kark's vote update in a post.
There were still a load of posts after Kark's last count though, I don't think it's unreasonable to get a bit confused by that, especially in a rush

Also, why would he vote for Hobo at the end anyway? If it's a tie, he gets Hobo evicted. If Salva's in the lead, he stops a villager getting evicted. If Hobo's in the lead, he's just pushing Hobo more in the lead. All of which are terrible HHA plays

You or RNH have posted nothing saying they wouldve read you as commuter on odd nights.
You/RNH/Haly have posted nothing as to a reason they would focus Haly that night.
I have posted a possible reason they focused you on that night.

I looked back because I remember making a post about a thought I had about KK on day 2 that I would revisit after a couple of day phases.

Turns out I don't think I actually made it because hinting at all that someone is a commuter is a terrible idea

Salva was evicted the day after the deathless night, if he was the lost partner he would've been in the chat by that point

RetroMG

All right, I decided to finally put my thoughts so far down. They're kind of sparse, because I've been slammed ever since I got called into the game, but here's what I think right now.

RetroGamer42 (Me) – I’ve been surprised to see myself listed by so many as being unknown, or in a grey area, but I guess I can see it. Nin and Ouro have confirmed my role as a Gossip, but I understand that it’s possible for us to have an HHA Gossip. I know that I’m town-aligned, but I don’t blame anyone for being suspicious, since I can’t exactly prove my alignment other than saying who I am. TOWN

Haly – I was suspicious of Haly for quite a while, but his roleclaim has put a few of my fears at ease. I’m not 100% sold, but I’m inclined to think that he is TOWN.

Darryl – He’s super aggressive, but I think he has the Town’s interests at heart. TOWN

RobotNinjaHornets – Francorp has cleared RNH, correct? Probably TOWN.

Tomakasatnav – He’s been really quiet lately, and that worries me. UNSURE

Ourobolus – Currently my #1 suspect. There’s just enough weirdness to make me question him, and I think his roleclaim was a ploy to try to save him. I hope I’m not wrong. HHA

Nin1000 – I’m inclined to think that there is one HHA in my gossip group. If Ouro is HHA, I think Nin is Town. If I’m wrong, I’ll be coming after Nin. In the meantime, I think he is probably TOWN.

EzekialRAGE – He’s clearly been working on rooting out HHA, and I’m inclined to trust the replacements, because I don’t think the people we replaced would likely go idle if they were HHA. It’s shaky logic, I know, but it’s what I have so far. TOWN

Squidyj – Like Ezekial, He’s clearly been working on rooting out HHA, and I’m inclined to trust the replacements, because I don’t think the people we replaced would likely go idle if they were HHA. It’s shaky logic, I know, but it’s what I have so far. TOWN

Ultron87 – I’m reasonably sure that Ultron is HHA. His role seems like a good counterpoint to Hobo’s, and it’s caused us plenty of trouble right now, to the point of almost tipping the scales on this game. However, I’m willing to believe that his power was a one-time use, and he’s now used it. We can probably safely evict him last, to continue to reap the rewards of Francorp’s power. HHA

Francorp - As has been said previously, it’s likely that one of the roomies is HHA. It makes sense that Kark would put a valuable role with the HHA to create a balance of power scenario. If Ultron is HHA, (and I think he is,) Fran is likely to be our investigator. If I’m wrong, we’re screwed, but I don’t think I am. TOWN

Timeaisis – Fran has cleared Timeaisis, and for now, that’s good enough for me. TOWN

Razmos - Fran has cleared Razmos, and for now, that’s good enough for me. TOWN

Kingkitty – I find Kingkitty suspicious, but not enough to move on anything. UNSURE

A lot of my conjecture is based on who Francorp has cleared. I think I have them right, but could someone let me know if I am wrong?

Explain me why you think that and I will answer. It's simple. You want discussion, let's have it.

Also what's your opinión on Ultron?
The whole evict me to prove you're not lying thing, which just gets rid of a villager and doesn't prove much is my guess about what squidy is talking about.

I gave up reading the parts of your arguments that made sense a long while ago. I just focused on the Hobo thing to distract ppl from your argument about my posts and vote count.
Alright, figured as much.

actually, you should feel like "gee maybe I shouldn't have had tunnel vision when I was trying to piece the evidence together." It's not bad to be humble.
Honestly, if I'm wrong, I'll go oh well. King shouldn't have made himself look so suspicious with his posting and dodging questions. On to the next one.

Salva was evicted the day after the deathless night, if he was the lost partner he would've been in the chat by that point
He said Day 3, was just going off what day he stated.

There were still a load of posts after Kark's last count though, I don't think it's unreasonable to get a bit confused by that, especially in a rush
Yea, it's not unreasonable, which is way I said he is overstating the drama he caused by voting for Salva at last minute. Also, he made up his mind not to vote for Hobo, 5-6 hours before the day ended. There were 4-7 posts where he heavily stressed the fact that Hobo should be investigated, not evicted that day. Why did he feel the need to stop the eviction? He also stated that Hobo put on a better defense than Salvapot for not getting evicted, which is false. The post I made here is about it. This post here is about how he voted that day.

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

Word comes in from another village; they're playing Mario Party or something. Let's never visit there.

CURRENT PHASE

7uX2N0j.png

Current Votes for this Round (8 needed for majority)
(a strike means the player voted for, then unvoted, the player)
The Top 2 voted will be evicted today

Ourobolus (4)
squidyj
Haly
EzekelRAGE
kingkitty
nin1000
RetroGamer42
Darryl
RobotNinjaHornets

Haly (0)
Haly
Darryl
kingkitty
RobotNinjaHornets

RobotNinjaHornets (0)
Ourobolus

kingkitty (5)
EzekelRAGE
Razmos
Ourobolus
squidyj
franconp
nin1000

No Evict (3)
Timeaisis
kingkitty
tomakasatnav

Time Left Until Day 6 Ends
t1434484800z1.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
KK over Ouro, really guys?

Really?

Only one person voting Ouro needs to flip to keep him alive for another round. Maybe you guys should rethink your priorities.

RetroMG

Word comes in from another village; they're playing Mario Party or something. Let's never visit there.

That actually looked kind of entertaining, but I'm confused by the apparent lack of minigames.

I'd like to point out, we don't know what happens if ouro is tied with no evict at 3, it could still go thru. Also, you have set it up to now you have the same situation you had for ouro with KK now.

kingkitty

Honestly, if I'm wrong, I'll go oh well. King shouldn't have made himself look so suspicious with his posting and dodging questions. On to the next one.

You just posted paragraphs of arguments that continued to miss the point. And you were already certain that I was mafia, nothing I was going to say was gonna satisfy that thirst. You were just going to hand wave it away.

And you should go "oh well, despite kingkitty showing behavior that doesn't point to mafia, I still went ahead with two evictions, when we could have only done one."

Yea, it's not unreasonable, which is way I said he is overstating the drama he caused by voting for Salva at last minute. Also, he made up his mind not to vote for Hobo, 5-6 hours before the day ended. There were 4-7 posts where he heavily stressed the fact that Hobo should be investigated, not evicted that day. Why did he feel the need to stop the eviction? He also stated that Hobo put on a better defense than Salvapot for not getting evicted, which is false.

I never said Hobodo put up a better defense than Salvapot. You're making things up. I said I didn't feel strongly for either guy. Did you forget?

Also I pointed it out over and over that it's ridiculous as mafia strategy to investigate Hobodobo, which would out him as mafia. And then go out of my way to stop his eviction. But again, I'm falling into the trap of trying to reason with you.

franconp

The whole evict me to prove you're not lying thing, which just gets rid of a villager and doesn't prove much is my guess about what squidy is talking about.

I said from the start that I didn't want to evict you but Kingkitty wants to evict me to prove my role. I just gave an alternative. It easier to evict an Ordinary Villager than an investigator. It's just more cost-benefictial if you want to prove my role.

I think we should evict neither of us as we will lose an Ordinary Villager and an investigator.

Going in circles

Not gonna waste time arguing with you, you already admitted you don't read what I type, you don't want to go back and forth etc. So just gonna skip over your posts. Not gonna waste the time I did arguing why I think you are mafia, then you ignore/skip parts that you don't feel you can argue strongly. So be it.

kingkitty

*looks at timer*

hmhmhmmm

franconp, you could investigate me to clear my name. Earlier in this day phase you seemed to be willing to investigate Ouro in order to potentially clear him. Instead of voting for me, you could switch your vote to No Evict, and then investigate me. The positives here is that we'll have another confirmed townie, and we'll get another half day phase of breathing room. I believe there's enough votes for Ourobolus that we won't fall into an awkward situation.

nin1000 if you're still there, perhaps consider voting for Ouro or No Evict. If Ouro turns out to be scum, I would be more willing to think you're not scum as well.

Top Bottom