• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Karkador

Banned
Hey, all 14 players voted today! Congrats!

xCZAbMU.jpg

Karkador

Banned
The whistle of the riot control police signals the end of the day.

DAY 6 ENDS

Total Votes for this Round (8 needed for majority)
(a strike means the player voted for, then unvoted, the player)
The Top 2 voted will be evicted today

Ourobolus (5)
squidyj
Haly
EzekelRAGE
kingkitty
nin1000
RetroGamer42
Darryl
RobotNinjaHornets
Razmos
nin1000
Ourobolus
kingkitty

Haly (0)
Haly
Darryl
kingkitty
RobotNinjaHornets

RobotNinjaHornets (0)
Ourobolus

kingkitty (6)
EzekelRAGE
Razmos
Ourobolus
squidyj
franconp
nin1000
Razmos
ultron87
nin1000

No Evict (3)
Timeaisis
kingkitty
tomakasatnav
nin1000
Ourobolus

kingkitty, an Ordinary Villager, is gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Villager

You are aligned with the Town.

You have no abilities other than voting. Your vote is your power!

You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

The game thread is here.

Ourobolus aka Tom Nook, The Silent Destroyer, is gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are Tom Nook, the Silent Destroyer

You are aligned with the Happy Home Academy(psst, that's the Mafia)

So WHAT if your benevolent lending, housing development, and collect-a-thon enabling is maybe, sort of, just a little bit of, a downward spiral into a dark pit of debt and despair?
The Village needs you; you are their patron Saint, thanks to your quiet, gentle subjugation.
Besides, you built the locks on their doors; you can certainly break them.

During the Night Phase, you carry your actions out silently. You are immune to roles that investigate you to look for night activity.

Your partners are <redacted>. You also have another partner who is unknown to you, but they do know who you are.

Night Phase Eviction
Each night phase, one of the HHA-aligned player may Evict one of the non-HHA-aligned players by PMing me with the command EVICT: <name>. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM.

If you attempt to Evict your lost partner, they will instead become a full-fledged partner with eviction/night-chat privileges.

During the Night Phase, you may plot and scheme with your other HHA-aligned players in a private QuickTopic board found here.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

NIGHT 6 BEGINS

t1434745800z1.png

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

t0ioPKC.jpg

Haly, the Commuter, is gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are the Commuter!

You are aligned with the Town. You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

What could possibly be suspicious about someone who takes off somewhere in the middle of the night?

Every Odd-numbered Night Phase (Nights 1, 3, 5, etc.), you lock up your house and leave the Village. This ability is passive and happens automatically. As such, you will be unavailable to be targeted by anyone on those particular Nights. However, the act of you leaving on those nights will trigger any roles that look for activity during the night.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

DAY 7 BEGINS
69IqNxy.png

Time left until Day 7 ends
t1435091400z1.png

squidyj

Yeah I figured they'd get haly because they wouldnt be able to get him next night. I for one am glad to be alive.

I was hoping everyone could give me their top 2 town and top 2 mafia then I'll give mine.

Additionally
Franconp, I'd really like the list of people you investigated each night with a short justification for why you chose to investigate them.

Nin.... what was with those votes? please explain.

nin1000

Banned
R.I.P Haly Even though i thought you were Town i now know for sure that you were town alligned.
I was hoping everyone could give me their top 2 town and top 2 mafia then I'll give mine.
Additionally
Franconp, I'd really like the list of people you investigated each night with a short justification for why you chose to investigate them.
Nin.... what was with those votes? please explain.

I just was not sure who to vote for since both of them seemed like a good choice.
Well i know for sure that i stirred up the pittpull aka you :D

nin1000

Banned
List of Remaining players

Darryl
RobotNinjaHeroes
Razmos
Tomakasatnav
Timeasis
Retrogamer42
Franconp&Ultron87
Squidyi
EzekelRAGE
nin1000

squidyj

R.I.P Haly Even though i thought you were Town i now know for sure that you were town alligned.

I just was not sure who to vote for since both of them seemed like a good choice.
Well i know for sure that i stirred up the pittpull aka you :D

you voted no evict, ouro, and kitty, you were whirling all over the place.
I'd still like to hear your top town and mafia.

nin1000

Banned
you voted no evict, ouro, and kitty, you were whirling all over the place.
I'd still like to hear your top town and mafia.

Since there are just only 10 players left including me i will have to go for those

Top Town
Retrogamer42 - I Doubt that there would be 2 Mafia players in one gossip chat, since Ouro is now dead this puts Retro high up in my list as he being Town alligned.
Timeasis - Only because he was confirmed by Franconp

Top Mafia
Ultron87 . Pretty much the obvious choice even though we would lose Franconp
Tomakasatnav - Too quiet for my sake . thats why i call HHA on him

squidyj

Since there are just only 10 players left including me i will have to go for those

Top Town
Retrogamer42 - I Doubt that there would be 2 Mafia players in one gossip chat, since Ouro is now dead this puts Retro high up in my list as he being Town alligned.

Top Mafia

how can you have someone who is confirmed by franconp as a top town without putting franconp in your top town?

My bad King :-(

Think we can all agree Ult is Timmy? So we on the lookout for the lost partner. As far as who today. Maybe Nin with his flip flopping from yesterday, but not sure. Only note I made about nin in relation to our/hobo was they all voted on one day within ten minutes of each other.

Nin/Hodo/OB voted within 10min of eachother for hippie

Looking at the map, maybe darryl, unless there are no HHA in top row.

squidyj

razmos and ezekal (and everyone else) I would very much like to hear your top town and top mafia at this point in the game as well.

Razmos

I'm suspicious of Nin for obvious reasons, but I can't tell if he is trying to block us on purpose or if he really is just playing badly.

But then again, I was having the same dilemma with Ourobolus and his claim about having a useful ability that he never used to help the town. He was either mafia or a bad town player, and we all know how that turned out.

Nin posted a lot of flavour-text at the beginning about coffee and stuff, he got "in character" more than anyone else did, and now we obviously know that the HHA are Animal Crossing characters.

Razmos

razmos and ezekal (and everyone else) I would very much like to hear your top town and top mafia at this point in the game as well.
Top Town:
EzekielRAGE: I think he's been very useful so far, and I have no real suspicion towards him at all.
RobotNinjaHornet: Pretty much the same.

Top Mafia:
Nin1000: his actions speak pretty loudly, and his position on the map is also pretty suspect in my opinion.
Ultron: for much the same reason as everybody else.

Unsure:
Tomas: He barely posts and I can't get a read on him at all, which is frustrating this late into the game. I don't like having him "there" and knowing nothing about him.

squidyj

Since i dont know that he is town , he could be mafia aswell but i dont mind that since he is helping us.

I might have misread this post the first time around, You're saying you think Franconp might be HHA but is helping town by giving investigation checks? if you think he might be hha why would you trust his checks so much? and why Timeaisis out of all of the checks that he's done?

Timeaisis

I think me and franconp are a two for one deal at this point. Why would he clear me if he was mafia? Unless he was trying to gain the towns trust (which doesn't really make sense since none of you know whether or not I'm town to begin with)?

That being said, I think fran is town.

I guess for me, top town would be:
Fran - I was hesitant at first, but he's been consistent.
RNH - No reason to suspect. Helpful this game.
Razmos - I have no reason to suspect him

Don't really have any top mafia, but I'm suspect of toma and Ultron.

squidyj

Top Town:
EzekielRAGE: I think he's been very useful so far, and I have no real suspicion towards him at all.
RobotNinjaHornet: Pretty much the same.

Top Mafia:
Nin1000: his actions speak pretty loudly, and his position on the map is also pretty suspect in my opinion.
Ultron: for much the same reason as everybody else.

Unsure:
Tomas: He barely posts and I can't get a read on him at all, which is frustrating this late into the game. I don't like having him "there" and knowing nothing about him.

I like you.

squidyj

I think me and franconp are a two for one deal at this point. Why would he clear me if he was mafia? Unless he was trying to gain the towns trust (which doesn't really make sense since none of you know whether or not I'm town to begin with)?

That being said, I think fran is town.

I guess for me, top town would be:
Fran - I was hesitant at first, but he's been consistent.
RNH - No reason to suspect. Helpful this game.
Razmos - I have no reason to suspect him

Don't really have any top mafia, but I'm suspect of toma and Ultron.

I don't think it's a leap to say he was trying to gain town's trust, even though we don't know if you're town you can say "yes that's my role" and confirm his ability and lend credence to his story, I absolutely believe that he has the power he says he has but I don't find your argument for being a package deal compelling.

nin1000

Banned
I might have misread this post the first time around, You're saying you think Franconp might be HHA but is helping town by giving investigation checks? if you think he might be hha why would you trust his checks so much? and why Timeaisis out of all of the checks that he's done?

Hmmmm that's true, I will have to overthink my list that I made up in less than 5 minutes.

Darryl

Banned
I'm not big on Tomas either. I tried to get something out of him awhile back and nothing. Other people stood up for him and the argument fizzled. Other than that, there's the roomies. Eze flipped during the Hobo vote and also pushed for an eviction of KK.

Timeaisis

I don't think it's a leap to say he was trying to gain town's trust, even though we don't know if you're town you can say "yes that's my role" and confirm his ability and lend credence to his story, I absolutely believe that he has the power he says he has but I don't find your argument for being a package deal compelling.

Fair enough. Knowing, myself that I am not mafia leads me more readily to accept fran is not as well, since he is helping me out by clearing me. Of course, it all could be a ruse, as you said, but I don't exactly see what he'd gain from that. "Proving" I'm town doesn't necessarily prove he's town either, as we are demonstrating right here right now.

squidyj

Fair enough. Knowing, myself that I am not mafia leads me more readily to accept fran is not as well, since he is helping me out by clearing me. Of course, it all could be a ruse, as you said, but I don't exactly see what he'd gain from that. "Proving" I'm town doesn't necessarily prove he's town either, as we are demonstrating right here right now.

Lets put it like this, if he's mafia and he decides he wants to claim investigator as town, he might not ever be able to prove his alignment but he needs to prove his role and he can't out other mafia one after the other because that would be suicide, It should be expected that a mafia sided investigator will come out with accurate investigations of town members and then maybe throw a mafia teammate in there as a town check.

Darryl

Banned
Hmmmm that's true, I will have to overthink my list that I made up in less than 5 minutes.

Ultron ability looks blatantly like a Nook sibling tbh. Kill two people at once. We don't even know if he's being honest about activating it himself. It could've triggered automatically after we evicted Hobohodo.

Ok so first I WARNED YOU ALL! I TOLD YOU ALL THE ARGUMENT WAS WEAK, BUT DID YOU LISTEN? NO!

Also, losing Haly's rough. We can do this though. We're two down, I feel like there would only be 4 (last game there were 4, slightly less players this game but no apparent roleblockers and one of them wasn't grouped in with them so it seems balanced)

In terms of top HHA, I'm still thinking Timeaisis and franconp, for the reasons I've stated before.

Top town...dunno, everyone else I'm varying levels of OK with. Except nin. Seems sketchy. For example:

Top Town

Top Mafia

Why Timeaisis over me, for people who have been confirmed by franconp? Why not trust tom, when he's been confirmed as a light sleeper (which, to get into metagaming, seems like a useless role for HHA)? Why believe franconp's telling the truth about all the roles when last game I did basically the opposite?

I apologise for any incoherency, I'm drunk and knackered. Nearly fell asleep when watching Terminator 2 in the cinema. Feel free to evict me for that because that is a goddamned awful thing to do

squidyj

Also, it would've been fucking hilarious if we'd all actually gone with Ouro at the beginning instead of no evicting

how do you feel about Darryl? He's been really erratic and basically just lashing out at people without much substance, he posted here today but the only thing he addressed was nin's ultron read which is a little weird to me. I used to think he was confused town but I'm wondering if that's just a smokescreen, I said something about mafia within the circle of himself, ouro and hobohodo and he blew up and just completely refused to address the premise of my statement, instead trying to push it back on me and call me mafia. At the time we didn't know that 2 out of those 3 were mafia but looking back on it the interaction seems strange to me, like he was just being evasive.

how do you feel about Darryl? He's been really erratic and basically just lashing out at people without much substance, he posted here today but the only thing he addressed was nin's ultron read which is a little weird to me. I used to think he was confused town but I'm wondering if that's just a smokescreen, I said something about mafia within the circle of himself, ouro and hobohodo and he blew up and just completely refused to address the premise of my statement, instead trying to push it back on me and call me mafia. At the time we didn't know that 2 out of those 3 were mafia but looking back on it the interaction seems strange to me, like he was just being evasive.

Honestly, I've been writing him off because of the aggression, but he is pretty high up on the list. You got a link to that post?

squidyj

That's a hell of a claim I still think lynching hobo is one of our best options though. His play throughout the game and how things shook out yesterday lead me to believe that he is lying to save his life.

Allow me to make a claim, within the group of darryl, ouro, and hobo, there is at least one mafia (and I think not more than 2). Is there anyone who disagrees with this claim?

you're hot out the fucking gate sherlock

i could say hobo, haly, and you for all it matters. i actually find your position suspicious as-is, which is why i tried to evict your spot

so between hobo and ouro you don't think there's a mafia? What I want is either a consensus or a legitimate contrary opinion, if you've got one lets hear it and stop deflecting.

That might be the case with King but i'm not going to give it that much credence unless king steps up and actually counterclaims hobo.

why don't you just pick a guy and push for an eviction instead of trying to set a narrative. like the moment we axe hobo, now we have ouro to fall back on. same song & dance. it's been like this the entire game. it's always the same.

i picked ezekel on the prior page. i didn't pick "oh, hobo and eze must be HHA guys! i mean obviously it must be one or the other, explain or gtfo" you didn't even give an argument for ouro and there's been like a thousand posts in this thread. how on earth you have nothing to go on? are you being hand-fed? especially since most of ouros suspicious behavior was a long time ago, personally i think if you picked him than you must have read the entire thread.

hmmm..... I'm actually not sure how to read this interaction, part of me wants to say you're confused town, and another wants to say you're doing your damndest to derail and deflect as mafia.

You could at least respect our prior time and commitment enough to offer minor explanations for your actions. God forbid. At least Ezekel and Retro tried.

That's pretty much the gist of the conversation, I also find the ironing of that last quote to be quite delicious.

Darryl

Banned
I'm not big on Tomas either. I tried to get something out of him awhile back and nothing. Other people stood up for him and the argument fizzled. Other than that, there's the roomies. Eze flipped during the Hobo vote and also pushed for an eviction of KK.

hey Darryl, what happened to picking ezekal anyways?

I'm hot on the case. I blew up because your initial half-assed posts were absolutely not cutting it. Yea, we know Ouro is HHA now. But we didn't then. And your argument against him was like literally 7 words, something about feels. At that point it looked like you were HHA since you photo copied Haly's reads and didn't appear to have read the thread yourself. I let it all go once it looked like you were paying attention, even if I had to force it onto you.

RetroMG

I'm working on my top twos, but could we get a list on the people Francorp has investigated so far? I think there was Hobo, Timeaisis, and RNH, but I'm not sure who else.

Top Bottom