• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

EVH

How is the interaction with the objects and the villagers in this game?

Somehow, I always liked the idea of Animal Crossing having more activity between other villagers. Stuff like, you buy a blender and you can make juice using fruit that afterwards you can give to them.

Adding some of the Rune Factory stuff like mining for creating furniture or even jewelry could be also a funny thing.

Fren

Neo Member
present_postoffice_01.png

new DLC coming up soon.

StayDead

I think I live in a place outside of time and space. I've seen rain once on the title screen, but it was gone when i got into my town and it's still not snowed. This is clearly one of the agencies plots, to gather evidence I've began to keep a diary.

The drout will be setting in soon. The rivers and waterfalls will dry up as the last remaining water droplets head out into the sea. I'm not sure how I'll survive this predicament, but thankfully food shortages won't be a problem due to the fact fresh meat arrives every few days into my camp.

If this carries on I may need to start eating the villagers, but please somebody bring water, I'm not sure we can last much longer.

Deeku

So I have the cooolest villager that's about to move in (came to camp).

Name's Takoya!
octopus who's head looks like a takoyaki ball with the sauce and toothpick! LOL

Mik2121

Please tell me there is christmas stuff included in the vanilla game.

It would be ridiculous if there wasn't... every Animal Crossing has had seasonal stuff like that included gratis.

While I can't say anything, I would assume it does. The only DLC talked about in that pic is the object in the middle.

kizmah

Why can't Nintendo just release this game as a downloadable on WiiU and make it off tv-play only? Perfect marriage between console and portable and no need to develop a ground up game for WiiU for massive costs. Crazy idea perhaps but could it really be that hard to adapt?

Two questions:

1. Where does this rank, for you, in terms of pure enjoyment/fun alongside the other games in the series?
2. How big of a 'step forward' is this one (relative to City Folk or Wild World), when compared to previous steps in the series?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Two questions:

1. Where does this rank, for you, in terms of pure enjoyment/fun alongside the other games in the series?
2. How big of a 'step forward' is this one (relative to City Folk or Wild World), when compared to previous steps in the series?

Was about to ask something similar. How are people liking it now a while after release?

Why can't Nintendo just release this game as a downloadable on WiiU and make it off tv-play only? Perfect marriage between console and portable and no need to develop a ground up game for WiiU for massive costs. Crazy idea perhaps but could it really be that hard to adapt?

City Folk was basically Wild World, and it got criticized to hell and back for it. Which means since GC Animal Crossing was the basically N64 version, we've yet to get a console Animal Crossing that really shows off the capabilities.

StayDead

Two questions:

Well there's a few things to say about each, but I won't go into too much detail.

1. I'd say it's up there as the best, there's more to do with villagers, more to do to your town and more stuff to collect. I've had loads of fun with this and It'll be even better when all my "best" internet friend picks it up as I know he loves the series as much as I do.

2. I'd say this is a huge step forward compared to wild world, it's got so much more stuff to do <3

---

3. To anyone with the game, I need some axes, probably quite a few but I haven't been stock piling them. Can I grab a few off of people? I'm sorting out the orchards in my town.

This has probably been answered somewhere, but how does this game handle multiple players on the same cartridge/system? Is only the first player mayor? Does each one get a house or no? What limitations do the non-first players have?

This has probably been answered somewhere, but how does this game handle multiple players on the same cartridge/system? Is only the first player mayor? Does each one get a house or no? What limitations do the non-first players have?

Only the first player is mayor, but you each get your own house.

So I have the cooolest villager that's about to move in (came to camp).

Name's Takoya!
I'm jealous. When it comes out in the US, I'm gonna keep restarting until I get at least one of my most wanted villagers, and Takoya is one of them.

I got an extra "?" Block, Wario Stache and Yellow Pikmin hat. If anyone is interested, care to trade? I'm particularly interested in getting a Triforce if anyone has extra.

StayDead

I got an extra "?" Block, Wario Stache and Yellow Pikmin hat. If anyone is interested, care to trade? I'm particularly interested in getting a Triforce if anyone has extra.

I've got a spare Red Pikmin hat if you want that for your yellow one>

EDIT: BTW, it would seem you can't grow other peoples delicious fruit in your town. I had 9 of Fren's delicious pears planted and they became normal pears.

Apparently, AC:NL uses a special sort of cart to save extra data, which is why there's such shortages, leading Iwata to apologize. I have a sneaky feeling this will delay the EU/NA launch considerably.

Name's Takoya!

Had to look him up. Want. Absolutely love they went with that idea.

Apparently, AC:NL uses a special sort of cart to save extra data, which is why there's such shortages, leading Iwata to apologize. I have a sneaky feeling this will delay the EU/NA launch considerably.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! *stomps feet* Don't tell me these things!!!

They could always just release the cart in limited quantities and kinda suggest people go the eShop route...

d+pad

Sorry to be a dolt, but how does 'delicious' fruit differ from regular varieties? Does it look different? Glow? Shimmer?

Deeku

Sucks about the delicious fruit. I gave Apricot 9 delicious apples the other day lol

My god axes are annoying.
Totally! It's basically taken me a week to get like 3 axes to clear out some fruit trees (went a bit crazy with them). And I'm still not done re-organising them!

StayDead

Sucks about the delicious fruit. I gave Apricot 9 delicious apples the other day lol

Totally! It's basically taken me a week to get like 3 axes to clear out some fruit trees (went a bit crazy with them). And I'm still not done re-organising them!

I've still got atleast 40 trees to break. God knows how long it's going to take me. Hopefully I get the silver axe or find it sometime soon if it lasts longer.

Does anyone know what the silver tools actually do? I've got the Rod and the Shovel but I've noticed no notable differences with them.

EDIT: OH MY GOD IT'S ACTUALLY SNOWING IN MY TOWN! I finally have weather effects! :D:D:D

EDIT2: Thanks to Fren I now have 5 axes. Thankyouuu <3

Does anyone know what the silver tools actually do? I've got the Rod and the Shovel but I've noticed no notable differences with them.

I think the silver rod increases the time fish will bite the bait and the shovel has a chance of increased drops from hitting rocks.

I don't have any silver tools yet, so take these with a grain of salt.

Mik2121

A8_xRF5CEAAegwK.jpg

The Convenience Store became a supermarket!

A8_xjPECQAE3dLh.jpg

Also, Christmas is here so I made myself an ugly Christmas sweater!
Here are the QR codes if someone wants it:

A8_xzzpCEAEvZxD.jpg
A8_x7CHCEAEDqt8.jpg

A8_yCZDCAAAq2vG.jpg
A8_yK4yCYAAfmwp.jpg

A8_z7-rCEAA_IWL.jpg

And this is my Christmas Room decorated with what I was able to purchase today, and also the stool I got from the free DLC.

Top Bottom