• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

How do I get the DLC?

hni_0084_mpo55rf2.jpg

Mik2121

One thing... did anyone already go to a 7-11 to get this week's special item?
I think I'll go there in a bit to get something to drink and at the same time pick up the item (this week it's the convenience store sign).

What I'm not sure is how to actually get it? It says to just go to a 7-11, then open the 3ds and go to the Post Office and do the typical process to download DLC and it will just start downloading..

But I do wonder if we'll need to connect to some 7-11 wifi spot or something, or it's automatic?

img_schedule_01.gif

I came in to ask where the heck are my cookies.. Damn you festive goods!!

How do I get the DLC?

Edit: How do I use your QR codes Mik?
You need the QR code machine on the cloth store. You get the machine by talking to the sister working on the top left area. You need to talk to her for quite a few days (I think around 4 or 5 at least?), then one day the machine will pop up and she'll tell you how she doesn't know how to use it and it would be better if you tried and use it by yourself.

Thanks a lot! :)
Again, if anyone wants to add me - I added everyone in the op - my FC is in the op now too.

Edit:

You need the QR code machine on the cloth store. You get the machine by talking to the sister working on the top left area. You need to talk to her for quite a few days (I think around 4 or 5 at least?), then one day the machine will pop up and she'll tell you how she doesn't know how to use it and it would be better if you tried and use it by yourself.

Thanks Mik :)

StayDead

So one disadvantage of going from the konbini to the supermarket is that it closes earliar >_>

paid off my
cafe
in one day, found an awesome place for it in my town which was a pleasant surprise, can't wait to see it tommorow!

Mik2121

Nice! I still don't have the ability to build that. How did you get it? Some villager told you to build it or what?

Also:

A9F0_wBCcAMgkvO.jpg

Second floor of the museum done! The 'museum shop' sells
Silver shovels, fishing rods, and nets

Each room costs 10,000 bells to rent and use as your personal exhibition room.

There's also a locker there for easy moving of items.

Looks like the salon is opening up soon, too.

Also - updating your town at the Dream Emporium nets you 5,000, but you can only do it once per day.
So far only one person has come to visit mine, but it's pretty boring still.

It's amazing how quickly this turned from Animal Crossing: Wife World+ to Animal Crossing 2 once the club, Dream Emporium, shoe store, model homes, and so on start piling up.

Goddammit, I was literally right next to someone at a Best Buy earlier in the day who had a Japanese copy of New Leaf (even has the special edition 3DS XL)

I was so fucking jelly

Mik2121

A9MiXP_CAAA4brR.jpg

A9Mjb-uCUAEQzhW.jpg

Man, the screenshots at night look horrible with all the noise... but yeah, my house is looking much nicer now, and I'm creating this neat layout with flowers around it, that I plan on extending and making a full path to the closest bridge..

I just hope no neighbor moves into the path...

Mik2121

Got this the other day as I had no idea this could happen.

http://i.imgur.com/zn5Pi.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The bushes? Yeah. If I didn't get it wrong, I'm actually growing 6 of those in front of my house :P (planted them this morning, hopefully by tomorrow morning they are already grown or at least nearly grown...)

StayDead

The bushes? Yeah. If I didn't get it wrong, I'm actually growing 6 of those in front of my house :p (planted them this morning, hopefully by tomorrow morning they are already grown or at least nearly grown...)

nononoo, the fact Kumaross is sleeping on the bench :p

apricot

Stupid question, but when Nook's shop upgrades to the convenience store, where do the fortune cookies go? They don't have them anymore

CinosAges

Stupid question, but when Nook's shop upgrades to the convenience store, where do the fortune cookies go? They don't have them anymore

I've noticed that you get either the fortune cookies or the bag with the bear face on it everyday on the counter next to the checkout counter. Yesterday I got one fortune cookie and I did not get any today.

apricot

I've noticed that you get either the fortune cookies or the bag with the bear face on it everyday on the counter next to the checkout counter. Yesterday I got one fortune cookie and I did not get any today.

Oh, I see! This is the 3rd day in a row I've gotten the bear bags (actually they were
glow sticks
today! Whoa). I hope I get the cookies again soon

Could New Leaf finally get a release date for EU/NA?

Find out tomorrow!

We fucking better

EDIT: NoA, you disappoint me once again.

Josh7289

YESSS I got my copy today (but I'll wait until Sunday so I can start the game off during the daytime, because that's how the in-game clock works, right?)

I haven't really been keeping up with the game lately, but can any of you guys confirm whether grass is destroyed when you run on it, like in City Folk?

Deeku

Hmmm I've noticed that the patches of dirt have been growing bigger everyday...:/ Maybe because it's winter?

I had no idea about the city folk grass thing since I didn't play it.

Two days ago Nadia ナディア the deer (get it?), moved in to my village from another village that I streetpassed with. Today she played me the Village Melody. That was pretty 'wow' for me, haha.

Also, I am now made up to look like my Mii and it's nice to know you can switch back and forth at will although I wish you could wear hats while wearing the Mii 'mask'.

Also got two snowflakes in a storm yesterday and one of those special rocks which spits out minerals like candy.

Two days ago Nadia ナディア the deer (get it?), moved in to my village from another village that I streetpassed with. Today she played me the Village Melody. That was pretty 'wow' for me, haha.

Also, I am now made up to look like my Mii and it's nice to know you can switch back and forth at will although I wish you could wear hats while wearing the Mii 'mask'.

Also got two snowflakes in a storm yesterday and one of those special rocks which spits out minerals like candy.
There's supposed to be a gemstone rock in your village everyday. It won't be one of your permanent rocks.

KuroNeeko

edit: Nevermind! Found it!

Recent Fantasy Life footage in Famitsu is leading me to belief that this is probably the better game. Will hold off a bit longer!

Were you using a silver shovel? I think that's one of the effects.

Ah, right. I was. Still, it was pretty cool.

Thought I posted in this thread already, but I couldn't find it.

How does this game compare to the earlier GameCube version? Is there more stuff to do or is more like a port? Got a bonus coming in December and am looking to pick up a new game that'll last me a few months...

New shops, new customization options for furniture, clothings, new minerals, new fish/bugs, new diving/swimming mechanic (and things to catch along with that), new interactivity (online mini-games on the island with friends/strangers), more potential villagers, 'mayor' mechanic (building things like cafes, street lamps, benches etc), new fruits, streetpass 'model homes', more things to do with villagers. The graphics are, in some ways (shaders) better than even the Wii version.
It's probably the most featured sequel and if you haven't played one since the gamecube one, there's going to be a ton of new stuff for you to do. Although it does lack the NES games, because Virtual Console.

Ah, I know I've talked about this before, but I was just listening to some of the new K.K. songs, and I'm just totally crazy about the album cover feature. Seeing Totakeke and all the villagers in this crazy situations is amazing. There are so many brilliant little touches in New Leaf, it astounds me.

(Oh, and the new songs were pretty awesome too.)

Edit: Oh damn, whatever song is playing right now (album cover is K.K. in a white and blue shirt in front of a bunch of linked dots) is so freaking fresh to death, I can't even. *swoons*

d+pad

Argh! Seeing Moodkip's post makes me want to download the Japanese version pronto -- despite the fact that I wouldn't be able to understand a word of it. Must. Be. STRONG!!!

Oh damn, whatever song is playing right now (album cover is K.K. in a white and blue shirt in front of a bunch of linked dots) is so freaking fresh to death, I can't even. *swoons*

This edit made me laugh... and wish I had my hands on the soundtrack since NOA is being an asshole and isn't giving this game to me as quickly as they should be - so I should at least be able to listen to the music. :(

d+pad

Oooh, I've got a 10th villager moving in.

I thought 9 was the max?

Oh! I was just going to ask about this. Please don't tell me this game is like CF and only allows you to have 10 neighbors/villagers. I want 14/15 like GC Animal Crossing!

Oh! I was just going to ask about this. Please don't tell me this game is like CF and only allows you to have 10 neighbors/villagers. I want 14/15 like GC Animal Crossing!
I don't think it goes past 10. The town isn't as big as City Folk, 15 villagers plus up to 4 human players would be way too crowded. You gotta have room for all the new stores and community projects too.

Top Bottom