• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Coquette

I should probably not be lazy and read through the past 20 something pages for the answer to this but dumb question - the Japanese NL game is in Japanese, right? Or can you play it in English?

I've been playing the AC:CF on my Wii for the past two weeks and forgot how soul sucking and yet addictive this game is! I'm so impatient for the New Leaf release in the US!

I should probably not be lazy and read through the past 20 something pages for the answer to this but dumb question - the Japanese NL game is in Japanese, right? Or can you play it in English?

I've been playing the AC:CF on my Wii for the past two weeks and forgot how soul sucking and yet addictive this game is! I'm so impatient for the New Leaf release in the US!

Don't know GAFs opinion of WW but a DS copy of that was less than $10USD on EBay. Cart only. Still, even if you get everything, no more than 20.

Coquette

No no, I have WW....somewhere. We moved since I last played it so it's just a matter of finding it. I can picture the place I put it away however I have no idea where I put that case...probably in a box somewhere! :)

Deeku

Heh. Had a check this morning and there was the countdown thing going on at the town square. Red had a little store selling (legit, lol) party hats and crackers.

Might do some time trickery to see what the fireworks are like...I refuse to take my 3ds with me to actual real life fireworks lol.

RoyalFool

Banned
Oh wow, game looks awesome tonight - seems like a good time to share some of my adventures!

2yaFB.jpg

The sky, so purty! Red is selling funky new year hats too - not quite cool enough for me to ditch my f-zero one though.

dqRbe.jpg

I didn't realize the 3,000 was just a deposit, finally paid the damn bridge off - my money rock hunts are now a lot easier.

BSZsI.jpg

My favourite villager, creepy space rabbit!

c31jw.jpg

Forever alone.. hope this guilts you guys into coming to my damn town for once

Edit: Sorry about the horrible jpg compression, blame the 3DS - not me :)

StayDead

I had an annoying bug last night, my game wouldn't save and quit without getting stuck so I had to reset twice. Saw reseto twice, but he said the same thing twice so I guess the game realised it was a bug or something.

watching all these videos online is making the wait so painful ;___;

this horror themed village is freaking amazing
http://youtu.be/xyGrDi2pVbg?t=8m3s

if only you could write diaries for visitors to read...
That is crazy awesome. The way the houses got progressively more unsettling, until the very disturbing fourth and final house... the amount of creativity that went into this is superb. And I'm sure similar concepts could be executed in an even better fashion than what was accomplished in this town. I can't wait to see what happens when this game is global.

I ALMOST think the video should get it's own thread, because it would probably sell some people on the game who otherwise wouldn't give it a shot. A better idea of course would be to make sure this video is in the OP for the American release.

Are there any other vids of themed towns like that?

I love the idea of themed towns, and now with the Dream Mansion, I hope a lot of really cool ones will pop up.

I don't think I'd want to do one myself though.

Deeku

Yeah I used the dream thing the other day and went to a really awesome town too - one of those super organised towns with paths to everything, creative gardens and a random murder house lol.

Kinda sucks that I will probably never bother making my town nice looking. Dealing with how to theme my house is already enough!

StayDead

I want to theme my town up, but I realise it's going to take me ages and I'm at the state of just doing the daily stuff and not even farming for extra rooms atm. I've got so much work to do and so many different games to play >_<!

I want to theme my town up, but I realise it's going to take me ages and I'm at the state of just doing the daily stuff and not even farming for extra rooms atm. I've got so much work to do and so many different games to play >_<!

You just tackle little things at a time. I look at it like a MMO in that matter... you can rush through content or you can just take it easy and enjoy the ride.

That said... I really wish we were going to be able to see some of these Japanese towns as US/EU players and vice versa. At least I have not seen anything that says we'll have the opportunity.

Deeku

Yeah, i'm only doing daily stuff too, and slowly making bush and tree paths. I should probably make more town structures too. All the super themed towns are time travellers so I guess that cuts down the time part... still lots of work though.

StayDead

You just tackle little things at a time. I look at it like a MMO in that matter... you can rush through content or you can just take it easy and enjoy the ride.

That said... I really wish we were going to be able to see some of these Japanese towns as US/EU players and vice versa. At least I have not seen anything that says we'll have the opportunity.

You can get a town code from online and use it in the dream shop place, so you should be able to.

LordDisco

Neo Member
Hey, everyone! Finally got on NeoGAF. Been playing New Leaf since its release and would love to join the community. Send me a message if you ever want to play.

Disco
3093-7338-8294

RoyalFool

Banned
Oh boy, this game is so damn good. It's quite weird how I'm playing it more 3 weeks later than when I first got it. I was concerned having already played the previous titles that once the drip-fed new content ran out I'd be done with it - but they've sneaked so much new stuff into this it's nuts!

Just when I think "I must be approaching the end-game now" - bam, I find out it's got a ton of content I've yet to even touch. Last night I discovered the island has the online mode I can do with other random players. Not even tried dream mode yet.

Oh, I've added you two guys above - please add me (Royalfool) 1735 9993 2458 :)

Mew2

Neo Member
I am! How does this game compare to the last handheld AC game? I bought the very first game and enjoyed it until I saw 1 year of the game and basically was bored of the limited options with housing and characters...

Was the last game any good and is this one worth a new purchase?

Massive fan of NDS version - and been playing New Leaf launch..... Despite not understanding Japanese X_X
I've just been using my prior experience with the game and a gameFAQ - which has been fine so far...

But, I have no idea how to unlock the Dream Mansion area in the shopping area.
I've seen the option in the public works, but when I select it a Builder Gyroid just appears at the train station the next day and then nothing happens?

Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry if this has appeared earlier in the thread!

You need to pay the gyroid for the building, same as you'd pay him for a bench or whatever. Ah I want this game so much.

I don't think so...

When I asked about the Dream Mansion with the secretary Shizue, there was no Gyroid, except the one at the train station... And when you spoke to it, it didn't bring up the prompt to pay any bells...

Anyone who played it help me out?

Deeku

I don't know what you've done wrong, but the others are correct in saying that you speak to gyroid at the train station and pay it bells. Maybe post a screenshot here of what the gyroid is saying?

RoyalFool

Banned
Quick question for those who have done the island mode with other players - when I click on their names I get a couple of pop-ups that I can't translate, I click 'Hai' a couple of times and then it has a symbol by the name of the player, that I can't remove. did I just block them by accident? (kind of assumed it was going to send a friend request).

I don't know what you've done wrong, but the others are correct in saying that you speak to gyroid at the train station and pay it bells. Maybe post a screenshot here of what the gyroid is saying?

I don't think I've done anything wrong, thanks (!) :(
Just asking for help.

I'll try again today - it'll be tomorrow until the Gyroid appears at the station and I'll take some screenshots...

Edit: Ah ha, he's accepting money!
I think because I misread/translated and didn't speak to him "one day" / didn't pay him, he disappeared?
Nevermind! Time to grind for money now!

Deeku

Ahh ok I think I might know what happened. You may have chosen to cancel building the dream theatre at one stage, hence it not taking bells at first and taking an extra day. Glad it's worked out now!:)

@Royalfool: I think you're talking about the "best friend" thing. So basically, if the other person has "best friended" you as well, you can message each other when you're signed in (while still in your separate towns). Pretty cool little feature.

Robin64

Is anyone still playing City Folk until this launches in the west? I just started CF yesterday to tide me over until New Leaf comes out. Currently my house is rather bare, with just a candle on a box, a small radio and a fishing trophy. :D

Ouch.. City Folk saves bad pictures.

Deeku

Oh wow neat dlc!

I still do a quick daily check of my town, otherwise not playing it much at all...kinda over it to be honest:(

StayDead

I'm playing it quite a lot at the moment actually, finally got enough money to open the dream center and the reset center.

Has anyone actually gone inside the reset center yet? I can't remember what reset said to me when he first appeared as it was a few weeks ago. Also, anyone got the
police station yet?

Skipped through the Direct and noticed the animal portraits. I still haven't got one and one of my favourite villagers moved away so I'll miss her one. I need to do more for my villagers and get dem portraits! :D

Robin64

Oh wow neat dlc!

I still do a quick daily check of my town, otherwise not playing it much at all...kinda over it to be honest:(

How are you done with it already? Isn't there LOADS to unlock, upgrade and do this time? It certainly seems like this one should last way longer than old ones.

Deeku

StayDead said:
Skipped through the Direct and noticed the animal portraits. I still haven't got one and one of my favourite villagers moved away so I'll miss her one. I need to do more for my villagers and get dem portraits! :D
No portraits here either:[

How are you done with it already? Isn't there LOADS to unlock, upgrade and do this time? It certainly seems like this one should last way longer than old ones.
I wouldn't say I'm done with the game, just hitting the point where I've kinda had my fill. I'll probably play more once the season changes and there's new fish/bugs to catch and other events.

Tiktaalik

I know that you can easily take in game photos, but what sort of integration is there? How easy is it to move them off the 3DS? Is their direct twitter/fb integration or something?

StayDead

I know that you can easily take in game photos, but what sort of integration is there? How easy is it to move them off the 3DS? Is their direct twitter/fb integration or something?

You can upload them from your 3DS to image sites, or you can just move them off the SD card onto the PC.

Has anyone actually gone inside the reset center yet? I can't remember what reset said to me when he first appeared as it was a few weeks ago. Also, anyone got the
police station yet?

Yeah, you get some basic interactions with him; usually he just tells you to get out.

Ugh I really need to unsubscribe to this thread. You lucky Japanese owners have already played through an entire season (1/4 of a year) and us lowly Americans haven't even gotten a release date for this title. I feel like I'm missing out on so much :(

Top Bottom