• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Robin64

Ugh I really need to unsubscribe to this thread. You lucky Japanese owners have already played through an entire season (1/4 of a year) and us lowly Americans haven't even gotten a release date for this title. I feel like I'm missing out on so much :(

Yeah. :(

Though to be fair, it was winter, which is usually a pretty bad AC season. I just hope we get the game while the world is still green, I don't want to start with just a few days left of Fall.

StayDead

There's also this site if you like anime/manga/games.

http://butumori.bbs.fc2.com/

EDIT: Out of interest, how is it you get the snowman set? I've got all the ice set, do I just keep collecting things for the mother snowman? There's also a snowman model that I have no idea how to get. I've got the Matroshika (can't remember how to spell it properly :p)

apricot

There's also this site if you like anime/manga/games.

http://butumori.bbs.fc2.com/

EDIT: Out of interest, how is it you get the snowman set? I've got all the ice set, do I just keep collecting things for the mother snowman? There's also a snowman model that I have no idea how to get. I've got the Matroshika (can't remember how to spell it properly :p)

Oooh, thanks!

For the snowman set, you need to make a perfect regular snowman (yukidaruma), talk to him, and then the next day he should send you a letter with an item from the set attached.

StayDead

Oooh, thanks!

For the snowman set, you need to make a perfect regular snowman (yukidaruma), talk to him, and then the next day he should send you a letter with an item from the set attached.

Well that's interesting. I thought I was building perfect snowmen but I was only getting the family snowmen.

apricot

Well that's interesting. I thought I was building perfect snowmen but I was only getting the family snowmen.

Oh, hmmm. I may be wrong, I'm just going by the Japanese guide I got. I haven't actually done it myself, heh heh. I never get them the right size ^^;

Deeku

I didn't even know about the different snowmen until I watched bits of the recent nintendo direct...until then I was only doing the big bingo snow men.

For perfect, I just rolled the body half the size of the largest roll-able snow ball, and then the head is half the size of that....I don't know if that made any sense lol.

StayDead

Yeah there's a big bingo snowman, the mother snowman you get the ice set from, the big brother snowman who doesn't give you anything and the otouto snowman who wants you to build his whole family.

There must be a normal snowman that I'm missing or something :p

Yeah there's a big bingo snowman, the mother snowman you get the ice set from, the big brother snowman who doesn't give you anything and the otouto snowman who wants you to build his whole family.

There must be a normal snowman that I'm missing or something :p

Not 100% sure on this but I believe the big brother snowman is the "original" snowman and you have to make him perfect in order to obtain the Snowman series set from him.

StayDead

Not 100% sure on this but I believe the big brother snowman is the "original" snowman and you have to make him perfect in order to obtain the Snowman series set from him.

Ohh fair enough. I've never been given anything by him so I guess I'm building him wrong.

I've got a month to get everything still so I better do my best :p

apricot

Yeah, sorry, this was what I was trying to say. There aren't any other snowmen "types" so I'm 99% it's the "brother" you have to make to get the snowman furniture set (again, consulting a Japanese guidebook, so unless they're wrong...)

I tried to make one yesterday and came up with a Snow Dad, so I'm obviously not much help. I'll try again today and see if I can make the big brother perfectly!

I've tried to stay away from any media about this the last month because I felt I was reading too much at first, but I just randomly checked a site again today and the amount of new stuff and amazing things that are still being discovered is truly outrageous. (In a Jem way, of course.)

The sheer breadth of content in this game is astonishing.

Deeku

So, Carnivale trading!! or giving...:D

Looking for (I assume these exist): chair, tv, wall lamp?,...I think that's all.

Other than the dresser, I think I have multiples of everything else.

Damn feathers were annoying, he always wanted pink and they were hardest to find!

StayDead

So, Carnivale trading!! or giving...:D

Looking for (I assume these exist): chair, tv, wall lamp?,...I think that's all.

Other than the dresser, I think I have multiples of everything else.

Damn feathers were annoying, he always wanted pink and they were hardest to find!

Ok, I have about 10 dressers, 10 closets and 4 tables.

I've got a clock, chair, lamp, large table, closet, dresser and chest of drawers.

I need the TV and whatever else there is.

She keeps asking for violet ones and I can't find them anywhere >_<!

Deeku

Ok, I have about 10 dressers, 10 closets and 4 tables.

I've got a clock, chair, lamp, large table, closet, dresser and chest of drawers.

I need the TV and whatever else there is.

She keeps asking for violet ones and I can't find them anywhere >_<!
Yeah, super annoying><

I have extra beds, small tables, sofas, and maybe an extra book shelf if you need them. Do you have a spare chair?

apricot

Here's a complete list of all items in the Carnivale set in case you need it:

closet
clock
shelf
sofa
chair
chest
table L
table S
bed
lamp
wallpaper
rug

I only got about four items because I couldn't find any pink features for the life of me ;_; got so annoying I eventually gave up

Edit: A little weird, but it looks like there's no TV, according to my guidebook

Deeku

Trade you a chair for a table s, shelf and sofa? ;p

I'm avaliable now if you want to do it quickly. ^^
Upon checking, I don't have a spare shelf.....but yes chair for table s and sofa is good:D

1375-8571-8610

OH NO WAIT, i do have a shelf...was behind a tree lol

also um do you have any pears, if you have one that would be swell!

MarkusRJR

Animal tracks are back, I'm afraid. I do believe that they aren't anything like as severe as they were in City Folk though.
In City Folk my town became a desert in a month or two. It was really pathetic. I play AC on a daily basis though (part of my daily routine by now) so I suppose that's not the average player. For anyone who has a JP copy, does it get really bad? I might still stick with OG AC if NL has a really bad animal tracks ala City Folk.

Deeku

In City Folk my town became a desert in a month or two. It was really pathetic. I play AC on a daily basis though (part of my daily routine by now) so I suppose that's not the average player. For anyone who has a JP copy, does it get really bad? I might still stick with OG AC if NL has a really bad animal tracks ala City Folk.
I skipped City Folk so I only found out/ read about the problem when someone else mentioned it here earlier. Doesn't seem as bad this time, after a month and a bit I did notice patches getting bigger, but they've mostly grown back now after planting flowers.

Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning for NA and EU showing off upcoming 3DS titles

Could we finally get a release date for New Leaf? I sure hope so

apricot

Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning for NA and EU showing off upcoming 3DS titles

Could we finally get a release date for New Leaf? I sure hope so

Hope so for all the non-Japanese speaking westerners out there!

On that note, is anyone who owns the JP version thinking of picking up the English version as well? I'm kind of on the fence, just because I'm not sure how enthusiastic I'll be about building up my town all over again so soon.

Deeku

Hope so for all the non-Japanese speaking westerners out there!

On that note, is anyone who owns the JP version thinking of picking up the English version as well? I'm kind of on the fence, just because I'm not sure how enthusiastic I'll be about building up my town all over again so soon.
Hmm, unlikely for me. Already put waaaaay too much time into the game, and don't really have time to actively maintain two towns!

I just hope we can visit US/EU towns!

StayDead

Yeah, I really hope so, too >_< and StreetPass with them!

It would be really silly if they didn't as they said in one of the early directs they want people to share items with other region people since certain regions of the game will have certain holiday specific items and other stuff like that.

Streetpass until now has never been region locked either AFAICT.

missfuuchan

Neo Member
I need some advice! With the UK release date not being for another 4 months, I'm very tempted to download this onto my Japanese 3DS (especially since discovering that my UK credit card works on the eshop) - will previous knowledge of the series and basic kana knowledge be enough to enjoy it?

I need some advice! With the UK release date not being for another 4 months, I'm very tempted to download this onto my Japanese 3DS (especially since discovering that my UK credit card works on the eshop) - will previous knowledge of the series and basic kana knowledge be enough to enjoy it?

I've been playing with absolutely no Japanese language knowledge using only my understanding of the series and FAQs when necessary. I don't get to have any meaningful relationships with my townspeople, but I'm building up a good supply of money and item catalog for when it finally launches here in June.

This is my first animal crossing since the GC release. So far it feels like the map has less "character" than the GC release (I miss the terrain differences). I feel like more could be done with the automatic village generation. Especially now that things like the post office and store are delegated off the main map.

Pick up the cart, the cart has faster read/writes than regular carts - which I heard makes it faster than reading from the sd.

Does this really make any difference?

My "registered mail" physical version seemed to have disappeared. After about a week of no tracking I assumed it was lost and bought the download version assuming it would be more convenient to have a game like animal crossing simply on my card. Then it arrived in the mail today, showing no tracking information between leaving Japan and arriving in my city , of course. : |

Saving doesn't seem to take too long to me. I think the GC ver. was probably longer and that's what I'm used to.

You will probably learn some Japanese if you do. There's furigana. : )

Nintendo just announced an update for AC going out on Monday the 18th (JP time) to fix errors.

Systems that have not been updated will not be able to go online at all or do local play with updated system.

RoyalFool

Banned
Nintendo just announced an update for AC going out on Monday the 18th (JP time) to fix errors.

Systems that have not been updated will not be able to go online at all or do local play with updated system.

How do you update 3DS games? I don't think I've had to do it before.

Deeku

I haven't played in a while, my town's probably full of weeds and bamboo;_; I think I'll boot it up to see the sakura trees though!

StayDead

I was sure the april fools photos I was getting from people would all be fake, but they were all real! Sadly, I missed out on 4 since I messed up T_T

Top Bottom