• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

pariah164

Was it Sats' fan-fiction that broke the camel's back and got it shut down? SAAAAAAAATS!! *shakes fist in the sky*

Thank Nook we have this place for a temporary shelter before the OT hits. In reality I'm not sure I'd trade any of the crazy from the last thread just for it to be open a few extra days. It was definitely one of the more, uh, interesting discussion threads I've been a part of on GAF.

Sats did nothing wrong. :T

Chopper

It's been ages, but I think our little buyer's club broke 800 once. 'Twas an epic day.

Question for those who have the game, be it Japanese or early: does anyone know if the bit about growing blue roses is accurate on this page?

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/51137777970/animal-crossing-new-leaf-hybrids

If so, I think I have a planting strategy, but it'll take some doin'.
I'm a bit stoned, but that looks a bit more complicated than Wild World's? Pretty psyched at new breeds. I fucking destroyed flower breeding on DS. Blue roses were super satisfying to grow. Fuck yeah. Bring it on.

Sats did nothing wrong. :T

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60147849&postcount=12589

Less than thirty minutes after that is posted we get this:

Aeana said:
All right, that's enough. I'm tired of receiving complaints from posters about the creepy behavior going on in this thread. It's making other members uncomfortable, and there's really no reason for it.

Since Sats was the leader of the Lewd movement anyway, I think it is safe to say that yes, Sats is the primary reason the thread was locked. Not that it's an entirely huge deal, since the new thread will be up in a few days anyway, but let's hope she learned her lesson and doesn't further promote furry-erotica in the OT.

zigg

I'm a bit stoned, but that looks a bit more complicated than Wild World's? Pretty psyched at new breeds. I fucking destroyed flower breeding on DS. Blue roses were super satisfying to grow. Fuck yeah. Bring it on.
New breeds and a few new possibilities.

I've read other reports and I think that guide has it slightly wrong—blue roses must actually spawn from reds spawned by an orange-purple cross, not a red-purple cross. Which makes more sense to me, actually.

I've read other reports and I think that guide has it slightly wrong—blue roses must actually spawn from reds spawned by an orange-purple cross, not a red-purple cross. Which makes more sense to me, actually.
I've actually never done flower breeding in AC before. I looked at the guide and it didn't explain the process very well... do you just plant two different color flowers next to each other and then a new breed will pop up in a few days in an adjacent square? And what colors can you only get through breeding? The guide didn't seem to mention that either.

zigg

I've actually never done flower breeding in AC before. I looked at the guide and it didn't explain the process very well... do you just plant two different color flowers next to each other and then a new breed will pop up in a few days in an adjacent square? And what colors can you only get through breeding? The guide didn't seem to mention that either.
This might help; this was my go-to guide in Wild World. Particularly the "Example hybrid plots" diagram.

http://www.animalxing.com/hybrids.php

The basic colors will be ones you can buy at the shop, generally red, white, and yellow. I'm not totally clear on the new flower types, but for roses that would mean black, orange, purple, blue, and gold (well, gold is extra-special) are all hybrids.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60147849&postcount=12589

Less than thirty minutes after that is posted we get this:

Since Sats was the leader of the Lewd movement anyway, I think it is safe to say that yes, Sats is the primary reason the thread was locked. Not that it's an entirely huge deal, since the new thread will be up in a few days anyway, but let's hope she learned her lesson and doesn't further promote furry-erotica in the OT.

Oh so that was the post that broke the thread down XD

Chopper

In Wild World, didn't it just have to be two purple roses to have a chance of making a blue?

Edit: I just looked it up. Purple AND black. That makes more sense. I remember them being a total ball ache. So, that New Leaf guide is totally different. :/

Edit: No black roses at all?! My mind is full of fuck. Questioning preorder...

Edit: Oh wait. Preorder saved. There are black roses. But they're only used to make gold roses. Lame.

Edit: What the fuck? The new breeds are pretty lame. You can get most of the colours with just one or two combinations. Can anyone (-GJ-) tell me which colours can be bought from the shops? As long as I can sustain a load of flowers I can't buy, I'm happy...

Also, is that a typo at the top of the page? Thre are definitely three new breeds.

zigg

Edit: I just looked it up. Purple AND black. That makes more sense. I remember them being a total ball ache. So, that New Leaf guide is totally different. :/
They seem to have made it so that blues are more rare, yeah. I'm personally looking forward to it, but I'm a little loopy in the noggin. ;)

Philia

Do you know of the ETA on the OT? Think there's gonna be an influx of GAFfers trying to put their details down XD when it's out.

Its either Saturday Midnight or Sunday Afternoon. He's -7 so say west coast. If he does that midnight thing, I'll be ASLEEP. :( But he only wants to do it for the whole digital thing. Other than that, he'll do it on Sunday Afternoon... 3 o'clock my time and 8 o'clock your time.

And please check your pms.

Ready now if you are. ^^

EDIT: I'm open.

hmm weird that we're getting errors. but yeah, try again later i guess.

Do you two have the Japanese versions or an early copy? If you have the Japanese version would you mind if people requested your friendcodes later when the game comes out? So that they can get the regional stuff? And even if it ain't, are you gonna join the new OT when it's out?

Deeku

Do you two have the Japanese versions or an early copy? If you have the Japanese version would you mind if people requested your friendcodes later when the game comes out? So that they can get the regional stuff? And even if it ain't, are you gonna join the new OT when it's out?
Japanese versions. I dunno, I probably won't be active very often anyway since I've had the game for over 6 months now...kinda beyond burnout honestly lol.

Regional items are only one off items though right? So would people just want to have them in their catalogue or something? I guess I could help a bit when I'm free and stuff.

zigg

Regional items are only one off items though right? So would people just want to have them in their catalogue or something? I guess I could help a bit when I'm free and stuff.
I was under the impression regional items were usually tied to a regional holiday. Hopefully on those holidays people could visit to get their own instances of those items (and I'm sure you'd find people who would reciprocate in NA/Europe.) But, uh, I'm only really guessing based on how holidays worked in past series entries, etc :)

Deeku

I was under the impression regional items were usually tied to a regional holiday. Hopefully on those holidays people could visit to get their own instances of those items (and I'm sure you'd find people who would reciprocate in NA/Europe.) But, uh, I'm only really guessing based on how holidays worked in past series entries, etc :)
Ohhh ok, yeah that makes sense. I was only thinking about the download items.

MarkusRJR

Does any or JapanGAF have the Animal Crossing 3DS XL? I'm thinking of buying it but I'm worried the soulder buttons will turn yellow over time. I had a launch DS lite that had the shoulder buttons turn yellow over time (and those little nubs on the bottom to keep keep the system from scratching on the bottom and moving around). How have your white or AC 3DS XL held up over time?

Deeku

Yeah, I dunno what you would do about those, heh. I assume they're not orderable?
nup, can't order special items from catalogue..

oh and StayDead, i probably can't get you that colourful wall. seems the error problem is on my end since i'm using my mac as a wireless thing, cant play online in other games either><

I've been trying so hard not to post on this thread; waiting for the OT to have you guys back! So I won't post here, OK?

I just checked by Best Buy digital preorder for New Leaf; freakin' thing says release date 06/01. Why do you tease me like that, BB?

Rarity

Does any or JapanGAF have the Animal Crossing 3DS XL? I'm thinking of buying it but I'm worried the soulder buttons will turn yellow over time. I had a launch DS lite that had the shoulder buttons turn yellow over time (and those little nubs on the bottom to keep keep the system from scratching on the bottom and moving around). How have your white or AC 3DS XL held up over time?

Oh, this is something I'd like to know as well. Please and thanks!

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm gone for a few days and the thread is locked. I'm hoping the OT stays tame, after those two thread warnings I'd suggest not continuing that behavior I saw by that post in which caused the thread to be locked. I have a feeling they might do something worse than locking thread.

I'm gone for a few days and the thread is locked. I'm hoping the OT stays tame, after those two thread warnings I'd suggest not continuing that behavior I saw by that post in which caused the thread to be locked. I have a feeling they might do something worse than locking thread.
Yeah.

I have a feeling that the OT will be watched like a hawk by both mods and backseat mods. It would be best to stay on the safe side especially since the AC community is so fun/great.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Waddup my homiez!!! 13 days left for us UK folk (8 days for you Americanos/Canadianos)

I doubt we're gonna have issues with the US |OT|. I'll be surprised at least if we do.

Is it bad that I really want the 7-11 stuff from Japan?
sevenelevenfurniture.png

711secondset-items.png

Also... Canadian CrossingGAF - there are AC:NL meet ups happening this month.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Need to have subscribed here earlier.

DrForester
2363-5600-3668

Toss me a PM if you want to visit each others towns as I have an early copy.

zigg

Is it bad that I really want the 7-11 stuff from Japan?
Haha, not at all.

You'd have to buy/beg it off someone at this point though, I think. Looks like it was a time-limited deal for those who got it. Don't know if you could receive it multiple times, though I assume not.

Watch, we'll get Best Buy stuff in the U.S. :lol

Need to have subscribed here earlier.

DrForester
2363-5600-3668

Toss me a PM if you want to visit each others towns as I have an early copy.

There will be an OT released tomorrow with a spreadsheet submission form for everyone's friendcode, be sure to post in it =D

Haha, not at all.

You'd have to buy/beg it off someone at this point though, I think. Looks like it was a time-limited deal for those who got it. Don't know if you could receive it multiple times, though I assume not.

What's this 7-11?
I kid lol UK only has it in London I believe, shame XD
I need that bento box =P

I'm glad it happened. All of the furry bullshit was taken care of upfront, leaving the OT free and clear for some whimsical and light-hearted Animal Crossing goodness.

I showed my two sisters my original town from the GC version earlier today, and they loved it. I started that town before either of them were even born, so it was wild to reminisce about how different my life is now vs. those lonely times when AC was my biggest escape from a reality that I didn't cope well with. It was a pretty elating experience.

Only eight more days until the New Leaf party starts and never stops!

Haha, not at all.

Yeah, that's what I fear. It's kinda like that Best Buy stuff that's coming up. I'd love to get multiple items to share with others but it's limited (and I'm not giving up my cat tower).

Top Bottom