• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

BriBri

I'm now wearing a Dragon Quest Slime shirt! Pictures later. Now for another silly question: how do I save or do I leave my 3DS on forever?! Thanks in advance. Again!

StayDead

Probably a stupid question guys but what am I naming when it has the suitcase icon (I'm on the train, I assume the first thing I renamed was my own name!)? Thanks in advance.

I'm now wearing a Dragon Quest Slime shirt! Pictures later. Now for another silly question: how do I save or do I leave my 3DS on forever?! Thanks in advance. Again!

Press start, you can either Save and Quit (セーブして終わる) or Save and Continue (セーブして続ける)

Last option is carry on playing (まだ遊ぶ)

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
This will be the first game I buy digitally for my 3DS. Seems like the perfect game to live on my system.

BriBri

Press start, you can either Save and Quit (セーブして終わる) or Save and Continue (セーブして続ける)

Last option is carry on playing (まだ遊ぶ)

Thanks. But pressing Start I get this?

7apa2a6y.jpg

Pressing any button and I just get to the normal game screen?!

BriBri

So... for those who have it, how is everything so far? Exceeded expectations? Or, just as expected? :p
Both if that makes any kind of sense.'obviously I have little clue to what's happening not knowing any Japanese but it just exudes charm. Really looking forward to spending an hour a day of my life on the English version next year.

dannie

20714de228f511e29e6f22000a9e2992_7.jpg

You can go barefoot, and also when you start you get this little tent. You can also see my town layout :)
when you start a game you can choose four different map layout,i try to reset the game and see what happen,
this round the four map layout is not the same as previous!i already saw about 20 map layout, no single one is the same ;)

Grief.exe

I just got my gf into the animal crossing series by playing the GameCube version on dolphin with her.

Can't wait for this to come to the US.

Robin64

Looking for a stream that doesn't use TT. Is Zedamex one such stream?

Edit: Just watched it for a few mins and noticed that fruit stacks now. :eek:

StayDead

Oh god I didn't realise it was Mushroom season, pick mushrooms and you can get the mushroom furniture! Forgot totally :eek:

dvolovets

Can somebody please upload a video of the town at 5PM? I want to hear the song. :)
Also, can somebody upload all of the town songs somewhere?

Robin64

If it does, then It doesn't do it automatically. Atleast not from what I've done o_O

I saw one of the streamers drag an orange on to another orange, which made an icon of a basket of oranges with "2" on it. Then he dropped another and it was "3". Give it a go and let us know.

Fren

Neo Member
I saw one of the streamers drag an orange on to another orange, which made an icon of a basket of oranges with "2" on it. Then he dropped another and it was "3". Give it a go and let us know.

They stack up to 9, but it's not automatic.

moozoom

Watching the stream is easing a little the pain of not playing this before spring... I hope I'll have the answer soon to the burning question : will the grass go away when you run ?

I kinda hated to see my town become a mud pit, but I absolutely can't play this game while walking slowly. I love to run from one errand to another.

StayDead

My town map

8165064488_a7f153f054_z.jpg

Also made me a Kurisu shirt! I was a bit surprised I couldn't make any shorts/bottoms, but maybe that'll comee later. If not I'll get me a black skirt to wear. (yeah, I'm a guy IRL, but the costume design for girls I couldn't pass up for this reason :p)

rNsv1.jpg

8165069006_ce24e953f7_z.jpg

8165067594_112daa2733_z.jpg

apricot

Stalking my LL's status on FedEx, it's still sitting in Hong Kong ;_; Eta November 12th?! How can I wait through the weekend with all you guys posting pictures and visiting each other's towns?! Sigh...

Nook is on -chan basis with my bitch? I'll cut that fool.

LOL I wonder if he calls both male and female player characters -chan?

Holy shit the music is good. I think I got more than I asked for. We've got great acoustics and great percussion, all in one. Finally: the original soundtracks and the Wild World style truly in one package.

Day 1.

On another note: the biggest exterior flaw I can see in these spoiler-ific videos is the lack of geographic diversity. Seriously: this is the first AC where changes in elevation are fixed and, therefore, rather boring. I like the whole idea of a town with Dover-like cliffs, but there surely must have been a better way to combine old and new than this. Heck, the strip mall lives up a floor from the main plateau—and it just keeps getting higher. A darned shame.

Still: best soundtrack from the franchise in a long time. It's got the right amount of charm and jazz to it. Now I'm just hoping that, to counteract the lack of town identity, more villagers will be using more dialogue than ever before. That, alongside the AI improvements, will essentially make or break the single-player game.

Mik2121

when you start a game you can choose four different map layout,i try to reset the game and see what happen,
this round the four map layout is not the same as previous!i already saw about 20 map layout, no single one is the same ;)

Yeah... they tell you :p (I can read Japanese, but thanks heheh)

Mik2121

So... the earliest a store open for now is 8am, huh... gotta wait a few minutes so I can start checking anything, but I got no money and the recycle shop opens at 9 :(

Come oooooooooooon

Jijidasu

So... the earliest a store open for now is 8am, huh... gotta wait a few minutes so I can start checking anything, but I got no money and the recycle shop opens at 9 :(

Come oooooooooooon

You can sell stuff at the tanuki store. I sold some stuff there so I could get the bug net and shovel.

Rather, I meant to say it should be open. At least, assuming each town is the same with opening times.

Mik2121

You can sell stuff at the tanuki store. I sold some stuff there so I could get the bug net and shovel.

Rather, I meant to say it should be open. At least, assuming each town is the same with opening times.

The Tanuki store was close last night, it just opened right now. Didn't know you could also sell stuff there, sweet. Got tons of random stuff I picked around town.

Top Bottom