• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I need to complete my Alpine set, anyone wanna help me?

Alpine chair
Alpine closet
Alpine dresser
Alpine kitchen cart
Alpine low table
Alpine shelf
Large apline table
Alpine wall

Just visit me at some point. I have a room with the whole set.

Would anyone who is free and cares to, mind visiting? I'm at 35 visitors. If you want to work on your visiting badge, please come to Avalon! I'll leave the gates open. I would love the train station remodel.

Just did what I think was 10 visits. (Of course I lost count.) I hope it's okay that I left some hybrids for you by Leonardo's house. Your little Flurball was following me around like I was some kind of criminal. :/ And I'll happily come do more visits again sometime.

Wolfe

Just did what I think was 10 visits. (Of course I lost count.) I hope it's okay that I left some hybrids for you by Leonardo's house. Your little Flurball was following me around like I was some kind of criminal. :/ And I'll happily come do more visits again sometime.

Yeah doing 10+ visits took a lot longer than I was expecting haha, I made up for it by talking to Leonardo and then stealing all of his hybrids. ALL OF THEM!

This has probably been asked numerous times already or is simply widely known, but is there no 'last chance catch' for October? I checked the usual .us site and tried searching here, yet found nothing.

I've been neglecting this game terribly since Pokemon X released, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything before the end of the month.

Niraj

Oh awesome, I'll be here for a while, let me know when I can visit you.

I'll hop on in a couple minutes then.

This has probably been asked numerous times already or is simply widely known, but is there no 'last chance catch' for October? I checked the usual .us site and tried searching here, yet found nothing.

I've been neglecting this game terribly since Pokemon X released, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything before the end of the month.

tumblr_mv5bo6e4ZW1sp8elno1_500.png

tumblr_mv5bo6e4ZW1sp8elno2_500.png

Mecca

All this talk about bumping up visitor counts has reminded me...forever alone.

x5bhggn-imgurqqd4n.jpg

I kind of like it that way though. It makes collecting that last fossil a little more satisfying for me knowing I did it all on my own. I know there are some badges I will never get, but I'm cool with that.

Speaking of badges, how do you get the streetpass badge? I went to the Nintendo mall tour on Saturday and met at least 6 AC peeps (got 20+ passes total, but most were playing Pokemon). No badge. I've streetpassed various people over the last few months and my HHA showcase is now full and still no badge.

Niraj

x5bhggn-imgurqqd4n.jpg

I kind of like it that way though. It makes collecting that last fossil a little more satisfying for me knowing I did it all on my own. I know there are some badges I will never get, but I'm cool with that.

Speaking of badges, how do you get the streetpass badge? I went to the Nintendo mall tour on Saturday and met at least 6 AC peeps (got 20+ passes total, but most were playing Pokemon). No badge. I've streetpassed various people over the last few months and my HHA showcase is now full and still no badge.

That's a little sad :( but if you don't mind I guess it's alright :p

Streetpass badges are at 100, 300, and 1000 for bronze, silver, and gold respectively.

Mecca

That's a little sad :( but if you don't mind I guess it's alright :p

Streetpass badges are at 100, 300, and 1000 for bronze, silver, and gold respectively.

Yeah. I'm a bit anti-social in this game and in life. ;)

For some reason I thought the number was closer to 50 or maybe that was just me being really hopeful. lol Thanks! I need to hit up Starbucks more often now that they have 6 passes at a time.

Niraj

Yeah. I'm a bit anti-social in this game and in life. ;)

For some reason I thought the number was closer to 50 or maybe that was just me being really hopeful. lol Thanks! I need to hit up Starbucks more often now that they have 6 passes at a time.

:p

If it makes you feel better, I probably only have...10-15.

Thanks to Niraj, bpb and Wolfe for the visits. :D

Sorted out all the flowers on one side on my town. Now it'll be a case of doing island tours to fill in the gaps and then it will completely covered.

Still need to build stock on bushes. But I've decided to pad it out a bit with pink ones as a temporary measure.
Oh man, forgot I could grab flowers from island tours. I really need more white roses... might have to do some grinding for them.

Been building a stockpile of azaleas as well. Once sweet-olive go out of season, they'll get replaced. My goal is to always have an alternating set of blooming and soon to bloom lining my entrance.

Ah, she's new, pay her no mind. And I certainly won't complain about free hybrids. :D Thanks so much for the visits and flowers!

Yeah doing 10+ visits took a lot longer than I was expecting haha, I made up for it by talking to Leonardo and then stealing all of his hybrids. ALL OF THEM!
Oh no, you monster. :< Why would you do this thing that you've done?

Thanks for the visits, much appreciated!

Heimbeck

Banned

x5bhggn-imgurqqd4n.jpg

How is your tree that big? Is it based on playtime or something?

And how are you sitting down there? I'm confused :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Tree grows to reflect hours and days played.

After a certain stage of growth (third?) you can sit on the ledge the same way you sit on any other surface in the game.

Still holding steady at 0 AC StreetPasses.

Yes, it's based on playtime. Your tree grows with time and when it's big enough, you can sit on the ledge and see information about your town. 50 days and 50 hours, if I remember correctly.

Ah, she's new, pay her no mind. And I certainly won't complain about free hybrids. :D Thanks so much for the visits and flowers!

My pleasure. :) Your town is coming along very nicely.

Heimbeck

Banned
Still holding steady at 0 AC StreetPasses.

Yes, it's based on playtime. Your tree grows with time and when it's big enough, you can sit on the ledge and see information about your town. 50 days and 50 hours, if I remember correctly.

My pleasure. :) Your town is coming along very nicely.

I've played for over 50 hours and it been over 50 days since my town started.
ButI can't sit on the ledge, my dude just walks into it.

Alright, so it's time for a long-overdue picture dump of Avalon. It's been a crazy 5 days, and a ton has happened in that time. Here's the highlights:

RmPRhhx.jpg

Freckles moved in. I wasn't doing the villager reset trick correctly, so this placement was entirely luck.

4hYGEeI.jpg

Not significant, but I laugh very time I see this one.

qNQz2fJ.jpg

Completing the first of 2 benches in my planned carnation garden off Main Avenue.

3vPDGVt.jpg

...and the second. I plan on swapping them out for nicer ones at some point. The flower arrangement will be alternating red/white and pink/white. Once I grow enough, that is.

173FtIH.jpg

After hours of wasted efforts PWP farming, particularly for this, it popped randomly wandering around performing my daily chores. I was fucking flabbergasted.

acVXFQU.jpg

Showing my appreciation for my savior, Mitzi.

fSaBUHP.jpg

Putting the plot down. As you can see, I'd cordoned off the exact placement I wanted with flowers. It sits beside Re-Tail, on the far left of town.

ctsN727.jpg

Acknowledging my addiction is the first step.

zhOtVGJ.jpg

I talked to Aveyn about getting one of her villagers (Colton?), since I wanted to fill my 10th spot to avoid constantly checking every day. Instead, she offered Flurry, who she needed out -- and who was, coincidentally, one of my dream villagers (my first to get!), and one I've wanted most since seeing her in Niraj's town. It took sitting in a Starbucks during a lunch break, but I was able to make it to the town and convince her to move.

Oh, and SuperSah (during the same lunch break! Timezones man, how do they work) hooked me up with a Pumpkin Pie, which I'd missed out on.

qwh4HMT.jpg

Koo helping me spot places for PWPs. I like the idea of a campsite here (his suggestion). In the middle of the trees, on a contained bluff, near the waterfall and sea. And out of the way of most anything else. I was thinking the Lighthouse here, but it'd be hard to get to and rarely seen.

And rocking the new outfit, also courtesy of Koo. :)

rPjDQ51.jpg

Meeting Freckles for the first time.

l6VBGT2.jpg

Main entrance to Main Avenue.

iRALOWR.jpg

Left side of my entrance. Using fall colours -- come winter, the flowers will change to reflect that too. :)

BQAamkW.jpg

Right side of my entrance to Main Avenue. I wanted to do both sides in roses, but I didn't have enough orange roses to do it.

For comparison's sake:
IlphOJe.png

fyHhBvj.png

A month or so ago.

KoDh5Ev.jpg

KIIR35v.jpg

Just a few of over 30+ attempts at placing Flurry. All told, I spent maybe 6+ hours doing it. As you can see, she was quite adept at picking god damn terrible spots.

j0aFL0T.jpg

The final spot I settled on. It's just to the left of the fruit orchard she kept destroying, and near 3 other villagers. It's not bad.

W2et4iH.jpg

He's so adorable. Vindicates my choice.

VSlrqGI.jpg

Celebrating the long-time-coming police station. So thrilled to finally have it. :)

CDF6YEe.jpg

Found this little guy yesterday and immediately knew what had happened. I freaked out a little in joy. Also, note the four leaf clover in my hair -- donated by Koo. It becomes funny in a minute.

ehVZpQL.jpg

Totally worth it.

d8yIX9m.jpg

upQAfhr.jpg

JNgDRP7.jpg

Finally :') Coming from the dump it was around the time of the cataloging event to a clean town with paths, a proper entrance and PWPs his quite a huge shift, and I wasn't sure I'd ever make it.

RdNdedx.jpg

Guess it really was lucky! Months without ever pulling one, and then this. Weirdest timing ever.

xoSPaCE.jpg

Another of Koo's ideas I liked. There's another PWP to be placed nearby.

hDnz5MT.jpg

3rd Gracie check passed. So close!

ykU0YWJ.jpg

New Town Hall!

piQ7iCj.jpg

The start of my small perfect apple orchard.

IszjokO.jpg

The hybrids bpb left me. I wasn't expecting so many... there's a ton more to the left. the picture above with my trees? Covered in them. Thanks again!

ftt43hZ.jpg

Not sure who left the perfect peaches, but thank you! :D

NBYeaYv.jpg

Thanks to bpb, Niraj and Wolfe, I've gone from 35 to 66 in a single day. Cheers ladies and gents!

HGp6Mx4.jpg

Finally filled in my joke book and got the dance. Aww yiss.

b1DexQ0.jpg

This works better than it should. I'm frightened.

GBX3buK.jpg

Celebrating the town hall renovation.

BTkxqng.jpg

Shiny new badge from having so many visits. Thanks again!

Phew. And remember, this was all in the span of less than a week. It's been a whirlwind.

The full album is here: imgur.

\My pleasure. :) Your town is coming along very nicely.
Thanks. :) It's been a long time coming.

Linius

jbv0EObN9HLURU.JPG

Tuy.gif

See me shining in my cute outfit. Lucky the boppers were all cute and for some weird reason I had some red shoes in my locker. And I found a pink tank in my museum closet so I passed without the need to order stuff :D

Niraj

jbv0EObN9HLURU.JPG

Tuy.gif

See me shining in my cute outfit. Lucky the boppers were all cute and for some weird reason I had some red shoes in my locker. And I found a pink tank in my museum closet so I passed without the need to order stuff :D

Nice. About time, right?

Chopper

Guise. Does anyone have 5 pink tulips that I could trade for?

I have 1 orange tulip, 2 black cosmos, 1 pink cosmos and 1 black lily that I can offer you in return. Or monies.

Let me know!

Koomaster

Awesome, that really was a busy week! I am doing something similar to you except I am just doing in-season bushes only. Not really rocking 100% at the moment since it takes a while to get the right bushes. But next season I should be ready with the holly ones; have 11 saved so far and there are already a few hollys planted in my town.

Also I visited you yesterday as well but only had time for a few trips before I had to run out. But it's great you got so many visits in a single day, you will get that 100 in no time and be able to remodel your station. :)

I still think it's funny about the four-leaf clover. Man, what are the odds on something like that happening. :p

Heimbeck

Banned
Has anyone else s dream address changed? because Luna said that mine has and now she is also saying no-one has visited my town through the dream, when the other day she said three people had visited?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I really can't see myself doing in season bushes only. It's hard enough just getting enough bushes of mixed variety in my town.

Koomaster

Has anyone else s dream address changed? because Luna said that mine has and now she is also saying no-one has visited my town through the dream, when the other day she said three people had visited?
Yeah it's happened to other people before; but I don't think anyone figured out why it happens. Address changes and visitor count is reset to zero. Maybe something gets corrupted or who know what. What's odd is that your old dream address is still active so people can still visit it in the state it was when you last uploaded it.

Really hope it doesn't happen to me, I cherish my 30 dream visitors even though it's a pretty low number.

I really can't see myself doing in season bushes only. It's hard enough just getting enough bushes of mixed variety in my town.
I don't have that many bushes in my town, maybe under two dozen. So it's more feasible for me to do in-season bushes only. Just have to start saving up the season before.

Sweet Olive and Holly would be the hardest seasons to do since it's only 1 type of bush you need.

The other seasons though have two different colors of bushes that bloom. So it's feasible to go to the store and there will be two bushes ready to buy that you need. Easy to get and save up in preparation.

Summer would be super easy, as soon as you see a bush (or both types) on your island, just grind out some tokens and buy as many as you can haul back to the mainland.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the main problem is I like the holly bush which is why I'm struggling to fill my town with them.

I'm probably going to use more island bushes simply because of how easy they are to get.

In some ways I'm most partial to the non-bloomed bushes so I don't mind them being out of season.

I had one visitor on my old address and zero on my new. I'm think that from now on I'll visit the dream town of every person I streetpass. I should have done this earlier.

Looking for:

Mushroom mural
Hero's pants
Yoshi's Egg
Kart
Hero's boots

I have some Nintendo items too, if you people want to complete your collection.

Hop on to check nip prices... discover that Cherry is moving into my town.

I'm not ever talking to her. EVER. If an animal requests I give her something, I will tell them no. Ugh. She's the worst looking stripper dog ever. *barf*

Why couldn't I have gotten a cute hamster or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom