• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Dayum.

1Dkm2HA.png

Dat Niraj

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So to finish on a nice round number like 600 I can only post two more times. Better not waste them…

…oh.

Here's a suggestion for the OP, how about a link to the ever so active IRC room!

Frogstep

Spooky set almost complete! Still missing spooky bed, vanity and sofa. The Nooks seem insistent in trying to sell me the lamp that I've already bought.

Can't wait to unload all this candy I've been hoarding tomorrow too! :O

Chopper

So, this reset trick. Do I need a spot to place the new alt's house, or can I save without placing it?

Also, still require a Spooky Wall Lamp, if anyone can get their hands on one for me to catalogue.

So, this reset trick. Do I need a spot to place the new alt's house, or can I save without placing it?

Also, still require a Spooky Wall Lamp, if anyone can get their hands on one for me to catalogue.

A few mins late, but I can get you a wall lamp.

Plus those pink tulips you wanted--how many again?

EDIT

What's the reset trick for? In general, once you're happy with your town, you need to create a house and save the game with your new alt. Kind of annoying when there's no space to build a new house : P

Wolfe

Even though I've picked my activity in the game back up I guess I haven't been posting all that often, but it's all good, don't want to be pulling a Niraj!

Hey Chopper I can order you one and get it to you this afternoon if you like.

Still waiting on someone to ping me about moving out so I can get ready for Punchy's arrival :p

Chopper

A few mins late, but I can get you a wall lamp.

Plus those pink tulips you wanted--how many again?

EDIT

What's the reset trick for? In general, once you're happy with your town, you need to create a house and save the game with your new alt. Kind of annoying when there's no space to build a new house : P
That would be awesome. And I was after at least 5 pink tulips, if that's okay.

And the reset trick will be to control where my new tenth neighbour will go. I am very happy with the layout of my town, and really do not want someone settling somewhere ridiculous. I'm not sure I have the space to build an alt's house in the process though!

That would be awesome. And I was after at least 5 pink tulips, if that's okay.

And the reset trick will be to control where my new tenth neighbour will go. I am very happy with the layout of my town, and really do not want someone settling somewhere ridiculous. I'm not sure I have the space to build an alt's house in the process though!

Sure, that's fine.

I don't think I need the flowers you offered any longer though, so you can keep onto those ^^

Ah I see, I can totally understand; I think I'm in the same boat as you. Watch out, resetting for a good plot can really drain you... I almost don't want to invite in new villagers that I want because of it...

EDIT

Here's a tip: when possible, build tons of temporary PWPs to prevent villagers from building in stupid places. It wrecks your layout, but at least you can demolish them later.

Letep

Booted up the game today for the first time in a while, and it was both sad and awesome that it's late October.

Seeing Isabella in her little Fall sweater was so sweet.

bjork

I skipped to tomorrow and did the event. If you're missing spooky stuff but you've bought candy daily, you should be good. I wound up with a full creepy set and about 2.5 full sets of spooky furniture. Kept one of each and sold the rest, I'll mail candy to people in November, I think.

That creepy set, I like it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's weird, Been grinding for roses with the island tours but I've noticed that lilies and violets are not appearing for me in the games I've played. Pretty sure that's where I got my original batch from.

It's weird, Been grinding for roses with the island tours but I've noticed that lilies and violets are not appearing for me in the games I've played. Pretty sure that's where I got my original batch from.

I think they only appear in the gardening tours.

I know they're definitely in those tours at least.

Chopper

Sure, that's fine.

I don't think I need the flowers you offered any longer though, so you can keep onto those ^^

Ah I see, I can totally understand; I think I'm in the same boat as you. Watch out, resetting for a good plot can really drain you... I almost don't want to invite in new villagers that I want because of it...

EDIT

Here's a tip: when possible, build tons of temporary PWPs to prevent villagers from building in stupid places. It wrecks your layout, but at least you can demolish them later.
Thanks for the tip, but I'm maxed out on PWPs, and they're all exactly where I want them.

I think I have to take control of this as soon as possible. I guess tomorrow's a "holiday", but any time from Friday is fair game. As soon as I see somebody offering someone up, I'll bite their hand off. Bonus points if it's a peppy character.

I might be able to squeeze in a temporary alt's house towards the south of my town. Presumably I need somewhere I'm gonna need somewhere I'm not gonna miss the grass. :/

I just hope my PWPs are well spread enough to seriously limit location options.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Even though I've picked my activity in the game back up I guess I haven't been posting all that often, but it's all good, don't want to be pulling a Niraj!

By that you mean you don't want to be helpful, right? Don't worry, you'll be fine ;) I hope Wendy haunts your dreams.

I'm the top 7 and my post count is 777. Could I be any luckier?

But goddamn Niraj, over double the amount of my posts. You're like the mayor of the OT.

Also interesting that Philia is in the top 3 despite not posting here in ages.

Sad trombone. Linius and I are pretty close if you combine our posts from this and the last OT though! :/

And yeah true. A lot of the people on that list aren't around much anymore.

Chopper

I can give you a concrete floor for your western desert.
Sounds good.

I skipped to tomorrow and did the event. If you're missing spooky stuff but you've bought candy daily, you should be good. I wound up with a full creepy set and about 2.5 full sets of spooky furniture. Kept one of each and sold the rest, I'll mail candy to people in November, I think.

That creepy set, I like it.
How long did it take? Is it complicated?

What else is there to get tomorrow? Pumpkin heads and patched trousers?

Thanks for the tip, but I'm maxed out on PWPs, and they're all exactly where I want them.

Yikes, that makes my town sound empty.

I had space for like 10 custom design signs and one rack of rice and villagers still build in terrible places most of the time.

Oh yeah, when do want the wall lamp and tulips delivered? After you've found your 10th villager?

Chopper

Yikes, that makes my town sound empty.

I had space for like 10 custom design signs and one rack of rice and villagers still build in terrible places most of the time.

Oh yeah, when do want the wall lamp and tulips delivered? After you've found your 10th villager?
I'm not sure of the intricacies of being "infected". I honestly don't mind who I get, as long as I'm prepared for them. Pippy won't be gone til tomorrow, so if you came to see me tonight, would your possile "infection" carry through Halloween? I know no-one can move in tomorrow, but after that I need to be prepared if you guys visiting beforehand makes a difference.

I'm not sure of the intricacies of being "infected". I honestly don't mind who I get, as long as I'm prepared for them. Pippy won't be gone til tomorrow, so if you came to see me tonight, would your possile "infection" carry through Halloween? I know no-one can move in tomorrow, but after that I need to be prepared if you guys visiting beforehand makes a difference.

Haha, I'm just as confused as you.

However, I think we'll both be safe.

Is Pippy in boxes or will she be in boxes tomorrow? If it's the former, that could be dangerous, but I have a full town at the moment, so I don't think the game will send her my way. If I visit you and you find Pippy's house says "moved out", then I should start worrying...

Similarly on your side--at the current time you have a full town, right? So none of my villagers should try to move in. I also don't think I've had a villager move out recently.

Quick question. When I caught my first three scallops, Pascal appeared and traded me for furniture. On the forth time I told him no so I could donate it to the museum, then planned on trading him again next time. Well, ever since then when ever I catch a scallop he doesn't appear. Did I hurt his feelings? Am I no longer able to get pirate furniture? On day I caught like four scallops and didn't see him but my inventory might have been full. I don't know. Anyone know for sure?

Oxx

I love seeing the building-plot for an new villager and then rushing to google their name.

Goldie will be a fine addition to my village.

Quick question. When I caught my first three scallops, Pascal appeared and traded me for furniture. On the forth time I told him no so I could donate it to the museum, then planned on trading him again next time. Well, ever since then when ever I catch a scallop he doesn't appear. Did I hurt his feelings? Am I no longer able to get pirate furniture? On day I caught like four scallops and didn't see him but my inventory might have been full. I don't know. Anyone know for sure?

This sounds oddly familiar.

I think some days he just doesn't appear. Like during special events or something.

Also, did you grab the scallops from your town or from the island?

Chopper

Haha, I'm just as confused as you.

However, I think we'll both be safe.

Is Pippy in boxes or will she be in boxes tomorrow? If it's the former, that could be dangerous, but I have a full town at the moment, so I don't think the game will send her my way. If I visit you and you find Pippy's house says "moved out", then I should start worrying...

Similarly on your side--at the current time you have a full town, right? So none of my villagers should try to move in. I also don't think I've had a villager move out recently.

Currently, right now, I have ten villagers, including Pippy. But she is in boxes. Presumably she will be gone tomorrow, whereupon I will have 9 villagers. Devastating stuff.

Both of you have full towns so you're safe from each other. As long as you have 10 villagers listed on your map, you're okay. Regardless of whether or not they're actively in the state of moving.

Elija2

Holy shit, I searched for my town name in the Dream Suite and found my old town before the Dream Address was changed. Everything is just like it was before. Surprisingly even the villagers that have since moved out still recognize me. I was even able to talk to my dream self which is kinda weird. I'm getting a weird feeling of nostalgia from seeing my town before I began planning things out and making paths. I'm kinda glad that my Dream Address was changed because now there's a copy of my old town that I can visit whenever I want.

Chopper

Both of you have full towns so you're safe from each other. As long as you have 10 villagers listed on your map, you're okay. Regardless of whether or not they're actively in the state of moving.
Excellent. So I'm good til Friday, when I'll do my first check with a new alt. If anyone has a mover from then on, I'm moving in on them.

So if you wanna pop over with those tulips Aveyn, please do!

Holy shit, I searched for my town name in the Dream Suite and found my old town before the Dream Address was changed. Everything is just like it was before. Surprisingly even the villagers that have since moved out still recognize me. I was even able to talk to my dream self which is kinda weird. I'm getting a weird feeling of nostalgia from seeing my town before I began planning things out and making paths. I'm kinda glad that my Dream Address was changed because now there's a copy of my old town that I can visit whenever I want.
I've just done this too. I'm a little bit disappointed that my dream address didn't change a little earlier. Not a massive amount has changes. I was more surprised at the fact that there are 6 more Bucklands (and 3 more Choppers). Just making my way through them now. Not particularly impressive...

So, cos I have a new dream address (which I will share soon), if you search for my town, do I get two results?

bjork

I only have 10 candies. Should I get more?

You can constantly get more, so you don't NEED more, really.

How long did it take? Is it complicated?

What else is there to get tomorrow? Pumpkin heads and patched trousers?

Probably 2-3 hours? You go find Jack and he trades you candy for either an item or a mask. I never asked for a mask, so I got all furniture. Sometimes it's a Spooky piece, sometimes it's a Creepy piece. The problem is that as soon as you get an item from him, he teleports to someplace else in town and you have to find him. While you're trying to do this, villagers will come up and trick or treat. You can give them candy and they'll tell you which masks will scare which villagers, as wearing the right mask when you enter someone's house will result in a lollipop instead of a candy. Supposedly the lollipop gives you better items (ie, Creepy as opposed to Spooky, maybe?), but I only had one lollipop the whole time and still finished the Creepy set.

If you don't give them candy, you play a game and if you win, they give you candy (so you even if you didn't buy any, you can still participate), and if you lose, they 'trick' you. I had an indian headdress turned into a patched hat and some sneakers turned into patched shoes, but after that, they just put items into my inventory. I should note that I was wearing a wetsuit, so perhaps they can change your tops and bottoms as well if you lose. I'm not sure. But the items they put in your inventory are like old wallpaper, old flooring, etc. Trash items that you need to recycle. But the patched items replacing what I was wearing really surprised me, I'm glad I didn't have any one-off clothing on.

Once I had the last piece of the Creepy series, I went and arranged my basement with it, went and rearranged my Spooky set room with the pieces I'd been missing, and then I sold the extras and saved my game. So if there is an end event scene or something like the trophy ceremonies, or a prize for finding everything, I didn't receive that.

He only appears after you find the first scallop, so if you don't see him, he's not coming. I don't think a full inventory matters, as he takes the scallop and gives you the pirate item. I'm not sure, but perhaps it's the time of day? I usually play early morning and I've managed to get him a few times, but later in the day I've yet to encounter him.

Chopper

Cool, if you're around now I can open my gate to trade.
Would you mind coming to me? I'm this close to a station remodel!

Also, I have 2 pink hydrangea, 5 blue hydrangea, 3 white azalea, 5 pink azalea and two sweet olive shoots sat in front of my station if anyone wants any of them.

Chopper

Probably 2-3 hours? You go find Jack and he trades you candy for either an item or a mask. I never asked for a mask, so I got all furniture. Sometimes it's a Spooky piece, sometimes it's a Creepy piece. The problem is that as soon as you get an item from him, he teleports to someplace else in town and you have to find him. While you're trying to do this, villagers will come up and trick or treat. You can give them candy and they'll tell you which masks will scare which villagers, as wearing the right mask when you enter someone's house will result in a lollipop instead of a candy. Supposedly the lollipop gives you better items (ie, Creepy as opposed to Spooky, maybe?), but I only had one lollipop the whole time and still finished the Creepy set.

If you don't give them candy, you play a game and if you win, they give you candy (so you even if you didn't buy any, you can still participate), and if you lose, they 'trick' you. I had an indian headdress turned into a patched hat and some sneakers turned into patched shoes, but after that, they just put items into my inventory. I should note that I was wearing a wetsuit, so perhaps they can change your tops and bottoms as well if you lose. I'm not sure. But the items they put in your inventory are like old wallpaper, old flooring, etc. Trash items that you need to recycle. But the patched items replacing what I was wearing really surprised me, I'm glad I didn't have any one-off clothing on.

Once I had the last piece of the Creepy series, I went and arranged my basement with it, went and rearranged my Spooky set room with the pieces I'd been missing, and then I sold the extras and saved my game. So if there is an end event scene or something like the trophy ceremonies, or a prize for finding everything, I didn't receive that.
Interesting. So getting lollies shouldn't be too hard if neighbours are in their houses?

Definitely need to ditch my regular outfit for the evening then. I wear flip flops and aviators! Do want that patched stuff though. Did you get any pumpkin heads? What sort of "games" do you play?

Edit: Blech, dp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom