• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Yeah I bought candy every day and I don't know that I'll need it all to get furniture. I think I would have been fine with half of what I got considering charades is really easy.

Now if my buddy Limberg would just be in his house so I can get my last lollipop it would be awesome. Come on bro I just want to scare you into giving me candy :(

Chopper

I used two candies. One to get the Spooky Wall Lamp and the other for my tenth Creepy item. I have just sold 31 of them.

Velcro Fly

Hahaha this is so much fun seeing my villagers on the lookout and chasing me.

Biskit is such a troll sitting in front of my door though.

Roto13

Am I just really lucky or does Jack just not give you doubles? I got 9 pieces of furniture from him and they were 9 different creepy things. Just need the coffin now.

Chopper

How do you get the regular pumpkin head? Does Jack give it to you?
Refuse to give him candy whilst not wearing a hat.

She will be, the 4th comes early in my town next month :p
?!

Am I just really lucky or does Jack just not give you doubles? I got 9 pieces of furniture from him and they were 9 different creepy things. Just need the coffin now.
Yeah, he doesn't give doubles until you've got the lot.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Gonna have to do the rest after grabbing some food. So far I've gotten the bat stone, coffin, crystal, statue, and wall.

slit

Why the hell is Jack so hard to find all of a sudden? It's starting to piss me off. All of the villagers run to me and I want to make sure it isn't Jack so I let them catch me. Then I have to go through the stupid dialog. UGH.

Velcro Fly

Got my 9 lollipops from my villagers. Have the jack pumpkin head. Just need my last creepy and whatever other pumpkin heads I want. Assuming I get different colors from villagers wearing different colors. There was a mob of Willow, Samson, and Biskit all after me in front of my house!

Think I'm going to take a break for now and get my last Creepy piece and see about other stuff.

Velcro Fly

If you open up your inventory when they get close you can close your inventory and get away I think. It happened to me just now when I was trying to take off my pumpkin hat to see about getting a different color.

I was planning on shoving the Halloween stuff in the locker, but I was bored and decided to--cliched as it may be--deck out my basement with my new-found prizes.

Man, most of the creepy stuff is pretty darn cool. The statue is kind of weird, but it goes well in front of the crystal and looks ace in the dark.

The jack-in-the-box is even more awesome than I thought it would be.

If you have a hard time telling the difference between a yellow villager mask and Jack's orange mask (like I do), wearing one of the yellows helps a lot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Too many candies left over.

I basically took a break from when I posted my last message till ten minutes before the end. I'm surprised I managed to get rid off so much in that short amount of time. Still only two more creepy items (bat stone and clock) and the rest was spooky stuff which I'll sell tomorrow, but I assumed I'd get a little more for that stuff than I would candy.

I probably should have kept one lolly as a souvenir but I not really bothered by that.

Charades > RPS. The former was so easy to lose at whereas I apparently have the greatest luck at RPS because out of roughy 2billion goes at it I only lost twice.

Elija2

A funny little detail: if you keep talking to a normal villager in their house (without a mask on) they'll keep telling you about how they're not afraid of each mask...except the one that they are afraid of. I'm talking to Tia and she keeps saying about how she's not scared of werewolfs or mummies or monsters, but she never brings up skeletons which is what she's really afraid of.

EDIT: Smug villagers do the same thing it seems.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Werewolf was my most effective mask in my village. 4/10 of my villagers were afraid of it.

Haha, I didn't end up using any of the 10 candies I bought from the Nooklings; I got too many from villagers.

Also, I found out that refusing Jack causes him to trick you. One time I did that, I was fully patched up and loaded with bells, so his tricks didn't work : P

If you wear the wrong mask when scaring indoor villager, you get to play games with them too, but they are different than the ones the outdoor villagers play.

Cool. :)

Animekatt

If you have a hard time telling the difference between a yellow villager mask and Jack's orange mask (like I do), wearing one of the yellows helps a lot.

Do you know if you get caught by a villager wearing a different pumpkin head than theirs, will they change that to a patch hat?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
My haul from today. Got a few duplicates of furniture. I'll index them tomorrow. I'm a bit tired of ACNL now after getting all that, but at least I traded every spare sweet :lol

BX8dSFTCUAAqhlO.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do you know if you get caught by a villager wearing a different pumpkin head than theirs, will they change that to a patch hat?
Pumpkin heads are invincible. Once you have patch clothes on and a pumpkin they can't do anything outfit related to you and will move on to jack in the boxes and old floors/walls.

Frogstep

Man, imagine if people gave you pumpkin hats and furniture for Halloween in real life. I would go around every year lol

suzu

Finding Jack is probably the most annoying thing about this event.

I need more creepy skeletons for my basement/dungeon-in-the-making. lol

Sinthetic

My girlfriend and I managed to get a full Halloween haul. I was pissing myself as she realised she didn't have the Jack hat a few minutes before ending time and she panicked to get it.

Good times guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom