• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

Pumpkin heads are invincible. Once you have patch clothes on and a pumpkin they can't do anything outfit related to you and will move on to jack in the boxes and old floors/walls.

What BGBW said :) Pumpkinhead and a pocketful of seashells makes it easy to collect jack-in-the-boxes once you've gotten everything else.

Awesome. Thanks!

Finding Jack is probably the most annoying thing about this event.

I need more creepy skeletons for my basement/dungeon-in-the-making. lol

Lol I would love to see that when you're done.

In other news... Lobo is afraid of werewolves... And he's a wolf. Paradox I tells ya.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm surprised Jack keeps calling me "pumpkin" as opposed to his preferred nickname of "slave"

Creepy set complete! Just need to get the old flooring/wall and the jack-in-the-box

Elija2

Well, I got everything. It took 2 hours but I opted to find out what my villagers are scared of manually instead of just looking it up. I have some duplicate stuff so I'll start giving them away tomorrow.

This event is so amazing, I almost feel like there is too much to it. You could spend hours doing it without any prior info.

I love how intricate it is though.

Niraj

Is it totally random as to whether you get candy or a lollipop?

Lollipops are from villagers that are in their houses that you scare with the appropriate mask.

This event is so amazing, I almost feel like there is too much to it. You could spend hours doing it without any prior info.

I love how intricate it is though.

Yeah this is really fun.

Frogstep

The only dresses I have in my storage are Gracie ones, would wearing one of those still give you ragged dress when pranked on? It might be too late to order one now.

The only dresses I have in my storage are Gracie ones, would wearing one of those still give you ragged dress when pranked on? It might be too late to order one now.

The guide on GameFAQs claims non-orderable clothing won't be replaced though I don't know that anyone here has actually tested that.

greg400

Banned
Lollipops are from villagers that are in their houses that you scare with the appropriate mask.

Hmm, keep scaring them with the correct mask but all I'm getting is candy. I initially got lollipops from them though, maybe there's a limited amount you can get?

Niraj

Hmm, keep scaring them with the correct mask but all I'm getting is candy. I initially got lollipops from them though, maybe there's a limited amount you can get?

Oh yeah, one per villager per playable character. If you have alts you can get lollipops with them. But you can also get creepy series pieces from candy, so it's up to you whether you want to bother with that.

Also, Suzu, I'm pretty sure I got an extra skeleton if you want it.

greg400

Banned
Oh yeah, one per villager per playable character. If you have alts you can get lollipops with them. But you can also get creepy series pieces from candy, so it's up to you whether you want to bother with that.

Thanks, just gonna keep trying to get the furniture with candy.

Elija2

I'm glad that I ordered a dress beforehand so I could get the patched dress. I can let people catalog it if they want.

The only thing I hate about these events is that they give you a crapload of furniture that I don't really like but keep anyway because they're unorderable. My storage is already full, now I have to store all this Halloween stuff.

Chopper

I'm glad that I ordered a dress beforehand so I could get the patched dress. I can let people catalog it if they want.
Weirdly, the Patched Dress doesn't get registered in the catalogue. In fact only the Patched Trousers do. Old Flooring and Old Wallpaper don't either. They're keepers.

Elija2

Weirdly, the Patched Dress doesn't get registered in the catalogue. In fact only the Patched Trousers do. Old Flooring and Old Wallpaper don't either. They're keepers.

Really? That's weird. Why do people want the patched dress then? I highly doubt anyone will regularly wear it.

Chopper

Really? That's weird. Why do people want the patched dress then? I highly doubt anyone will regularly wear it.
Cos it's an exclusive one-off. The holy grail of Animal Crossing. Having said that, the dress is gonna be the only garment I won't display. The others are going on my fourth mannequin.

Velcro Fly

10/10 creepy

All patched but the dress.

4/5 colored pumpkin heads

Need to get floor, wall, and jack-in-the-box

Mailing my villagers a piece of spooky furniture to remember our fun Halloween night!

Chopper

10/10 creepy

All patched but the dress.

4/5 colored pumpkin heads

Need to get floor, wall, and jack-in-the-box

Mailing my villagers a piece of spooky furniture to remember our fun Halloween night!
What colour pumpkin do you need?

Edit: Just got a Fedora Chair from Phyllis. Odd.

Halloween item hunting complete! (With doubles of each pumpkin mask for good measure.)

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this event. :D

Velcro Fly

What colour pumpkin do you need?

Edit: Just got a Fedora Chair from Phyllis. Odd.

I think it's a purple? I have red, yellow, jack's, and green. I saw one of my villager's wearing it before so I should be able to get it with a little patience.

Also did get the dress too.

Frogstep

Done with all the Halloween furniture/clothes! This was a really fun and entertaining event, thanks again BPB. :)

The funny thing is that I didn't even use a single piece of candy that I was hoarding the entire month...

What a haul. Essentially 23 items for Halloween. Treats indeed. Does anything else even come close?

New month tomorrow. Great back to back days in AC world! :)

Koomaster

Done with all the Halloween furniture/clothes! This was a really fun and entertaining event, thanks again BPB. :)

The funny thing is that I didn't even use a single piece of candy that I was hoarding the entire month...
I gave one or two pieces of that candy to Jack and then the rest I started giving to villagers. :p

Also if anyone is having a hard time telling Jack apart from your normal villagers - wear the regular pumpkin head you can get from him. It's the same color as the one he's wearing where a villager's head may be slightly more yellow. So if you are walking around and someone's head matches yours in color, it's Jack. Then you can let him 'catch' you.

I'm running out of room for all the stuff I've accumulated that can't be ordered. And it's only October. We still have two and a half seasons left to explore.

Animekatt

Finally finished the event. Jack was being a pain in the ass when trying to look for him. Ah well.

I'm running out of room for all the stuff I've accumulated that can't be ordered. And it's only October. We still have two and a half seasons left to explore.

My town is becoming a huge storage area. I guess I'm ok with that now. XD

Velcro Fly

I just set up rooms in the museum for stuff like this. I'll probably have a Halloween room with the Creepy stuff and all the pumpkin/patched stuff I got tonight.

Niraj

My dupes+spooky stuff:

Old Flooring x6
purple-pumpkin head x1
yellow-pumpkin head x1
jack-in-the-box x2
spooky wall x1
spooky table x2
spooky lamp x2
spooky wardrobe x1
spooky dresser x1
spooky carpet x1
creepy wall x1
creepy cauldron x1
creepy skeleton x1
creepy bat stone x1
creepy crystal x1

if anybody needs/wants any of those, let me know :)

I didn't realize halloween was so annoying in this game, jeez.

You misspelled "awesome"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom