• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Getting campers to move to your town should really be done in some other way. I'm already 25 minutes busy with Biskit just reading his stupid phrases about camping over and over and ignoring to play his stupid games. It always takes ages before they finally say yes...

Still remember that time I was resetting campers for somebody cool, only to discover that I got a move in from visiting somebody else's town and had to have Annalisa for awhile :(

Linius

That's even worse
h8xug2P.png

Current Town

Kabuki - Cranky
Lobo - Cranky
Henry - Smug
Biskit - Lazy
Sterling - Jock
Jay - Jock
Renée - Uchi
Mira - Uchi
Yuka - Snooty
Cheri - Peppy

Except for Renée I quite like my villagers. Not a bad mix either.

Azuran

Banned
I had Nana on my campsite today. I didn't even bother talking to her. I don't like monkeys in AC >.>

Except for Renée I quite like my villagers. Not a bad mix either.

I love 8/9 of my villagers except for Anicotti. Only reason she's still around is because I want to get her pic before giving her the boot:

Clyde - Lazy
Freya - Snooty
Cousteau - Jock
Tom - Cranky
Flora - Peppy
Kyle - Smug
Mira - Uchi
Chrissy - Peppy
Anicotti - Peppy

I want another lazy villager. They're the best.

Purdy

Hi guys, I bought this on release and barely played it, just booted it up and played for a few hours after telling myself I'd just check out other people's spotpass houses for 20 minutes lol

Should I worry about getting other fruits? Do I need to add people to my friend (code) list to get the other fruits?

Dr. Buni

My villagers:

Queenie - Snooty
Pudge - Lazy
Walt - Cranky
Wendy - Peppy
Pashmina - Uchi
Nana - Normal
Rowan - Jock
Quilson - Smug

And I will be picking up Bettina in Elija2's town in a few days.

I am conflicted about them. Pashmina, Queenie, Pudge, Nana and Walt are cool in my books (I disliked Walt at first, but he is becoming nicer with time), but Rowan and Quilson are rather obnoxious, so hopefully I can make them leave my town as soon as possible. I haven't talked to Wendy yet, but peppy villagers are usually nice.

Linius

Hi guys, I bought this on release and barely played it, just booted it up and played for a few hours after telling myself I'd just check out other people's spotpass houses for 20 minutes lol

Should I worry about getting other fruits? Do I need to add people to my friend (code) list to get the other fruits?

Villagers can request a kind of fruit from you. So it would be wise to collect all fruits so you can help your villagers without having to travel.

Zing

Banned
I wouldn't worry too much about other fruits. I find that villagers rarely ask for a non-native fruit. Isabelle gives you one other kind. That should be good enough. I think I've had a villager ask for a type not either of those two types maybe twice, ever, in 1.5 years.

Purdy

Villagers can request a kind of fruit from you. So it would be wise to collect all fruits so you can help your villagers without having to travel.

I wouldn't worry too much about other fruits. I find that villagers rarely ask for a non-native fruit. Isabelle gives you one other kind. That should be good enough. I think I've had a villager ask for a type not either of those two types maybe twice, ever, in 1.5 years.

Hmm think I might just do it to be safe it doesn't take too much effort to do it I'm guessing (should I be worrying about perfect fruit?), do they make me decent money planting them too as they aren't from my town?

Niraj

Hmm think I might just do it to be safe it doesn't take too much effort to do it I'm guessing (should I be worrying about perfect fruit?), do they make me decent money planting them too as they aren't from my town?

Just wanted to note that you can only get trees for the perfect version of your native fruit. The rest will just die. Perfect fruit can be a good way to make money, but it involves selling in other towns, particularly when that town has a premium on whatever your perfect fruit is.

It's not unreasonable to keep other perfect fruits aside from your native one in storage though. Usually when a villager asks for fruit, if you provide a perfect version of it (or any perfect if they just ask for any fruit) you'll have a better chance of getting a villager picture or spotlight items (harder to find items that only occasionally show up for sale at the stores eventually).

Purdy

Just wanted to note that you can only get trees for the perfect version of your native fruit. The rest will just die. Perfect fruit can be a good way to make money, but it involves selling in other towns, particularly when that town has a premium on whatever your perfect fruit is.

It's not unreasonable to keep other perfect fruits aside from your native one in storage though. Usually when a villager asks for fruit, if you provide a perfect version of it (or any perfect if they just ask for any fruit) you'll have a better chance of getting a villager picture or spotlight items (harder to find items that only occasionally show up for sale at the stores eventually).

Okay. Thank you

Niraj

Have a motherly statue at Redd's today. Also still have a valiant statue. If anyone wants either/both, please let me know. Statues are kind of difficult to come by comparatively.

Zing

Banned
I'll be home in about four hours and would like to come get Motherly Statue anytime after that if you are available.

Purdy

Do other people need to be online/have the option selected to let other people visit their town?

Would it be possible to get a few friends from on here so I could get the other three fruit? I just started again to get a nice town layout I liked and have got Peaches+Berries to start with, so looking to get the others.

Also is there an exact number of days it takes for the QR stitching machine to be unlocked?

EDIT: FC is 0302-0523-2312, or if others would prefer to leave theirs and I add them

Niraj

Do other people need to be online/have the option selected to let other people visit their town?

Would it be possible to get a few friends from on here so I could get the other three fruit? I just started again to get a nice town layout I liked and have got Peaches+Berries to start with, so looking to get the others.

Also is there an exact number of days it takes for the QR stitching machine to be unlocked?

EDIT: FC is 0302-0523-2312, or if others would prefer to leave theirs and I add them

Yeah, you have to go to the train station to either open your town for others to visit, or go visiting other towns. For the QR machine you have to talk to Sable 10 days in a row I think. I added your friend code, mine is 2836-0258-6594, most of my fruit trees are in the northwest of town past the station.

Purdy

Yeah, you have to go to the train station to either open your town for others to visit, or go visiting other towns. For the QR machine you have to talk to Sable 10 days in a row I think. I added your friend code, mine is 2836-0258-6594, most of my fruit trees are in the northwest of town past the station.

Okay, thank you.

You need to open your town every time you relaunch the game I'm taking it?

Niraj

Okay, thank you.

Do you need to open it every time you relaunch the game I'm taking it?

Each time you want to visit or have visitors you'll need to do so. Keep in mind that if you have visitors, it's usually a good idea to close your gates afterward (or end the session with the start button before they leave) since there are certain things that you can't do while your town is open, like sleep mode for one.

Purdy

Each time you want to visit or have visitors you'll need to do so. Keep in mind that if you have visitors, it's usually a good idea to close your gates afterward (or end the session with the start button before they leave) since there are certain things that you can't do while your town is open, like sleep mode for one.

Okay, cheers for answering my questions

I got my 3DS back from a repair yesterday and started playing AC. Somehow I got all the way to the plaza before I realized it was snowing and everyone was there celebrating new years. The clock had been reset! I shut the game and fix the date but that kinda screwed up my town. Weeds and missing villagers :-/

Man I really wish Animal Crossing used a grid layout when designing things. Constantly moving things around cause it doesnt land where you want is really annoying. Also making paths is horrendous. "Open Tab. Drop Tile. Close Tab. Move to next space. Repeat" This is my first AC game and im enjoying it immensely but theres definitely alot of QoL changes they could make in the next one.

Man I really wish Animal Crossing used a grid layout when designing things. Constantly moving things around cause it doesnt land where you want is really annoying. Also making paths is horrendous. "Open Tab. Drop Tile. Close Tab. Move to next space. Repeat" This is my first AC game and im enjoying it immensely but theres definitely alot of QoL changes they could make in the next one.

Well, it does use a grid. We just can't see it. But if you pay attention, you can start to see it in your head. For placing PWPs, Isabelle uses the space immediately in front of you. If you have a hard time judging it, put down some patterns in the same dimensions of the object you're trying to place. This page gives each PWP's size. So if I'm placing a regular fountain, I'll put a 3x3 grid of patterns on the ground where I want it so when Isabelle asks if she's got in the right place, I can see if it's lined up instead of trying to eyeball it. It doesn't guarantee she'll be able to place it where you want it but saves you the hassle of needing to tear it down because her preview scene is useless in a lot of instances.

For patterns, your character always puts them down in the same order. Below your feet, right in front of you, top right, top left, etc.. Put down 9 of them at once and you can see the order. If you're doing a double width path, you can place several at once without moving.

If you stand where 4 is and face 3, you'll put them down in the following order: 4, 3, 1, 5, 2, 6.

Flowers are easy enough. Trees are tricky for me to judge (especially if the 3D is off) so I usually just dig a hole in between them to space them out.

I agree that these things could be improved. Some kind of town planning mode would be nice. And I hope pathing is built in to future games. But there are at least a few tricks you can use to make things easier on yourself in the first place.

Purdy

Any recommendations on what I can do on the second day? I've made my down payment, bought any tools from the shop I can and probably fished for two hours and made about 40,000 bells. Can't even get a damn haircut yet :<

Dr. Buni

Any recommendations on what I can do on the second day? I've made my down payment, bought any tools from the shop I can and probably fished for two hours and made about 40,000 bells. Can't even get a damn haircut yet :<
You will need the approval of the citizens in order to set ordinances and public work projects. Talk to Isabelle and she will tell you what you can do to raise you approval rating to 100.

Or have you done that already?

Linius

It's gonna be at least a week or three till Shampoodle's opens up if you wanna go for a haircut so badly :p

I can't even remember anymore what I did the first days. Probably visit other towns, NA folks had the game two weeks early so I probably collected fruits and traded furniture and stuff.

Oh and I really don't get what's wrong with my town. I have this narrow space on the left of my house. And as some of you may know I have my fields with hybrids set around my house. But that space on the left is just big enough to fit in villager. And every time I'm moving in someone new their plot will end up just in that tiny space on top of my flowers time and time again. Even though there areas elsewhere with plenty room. It's so annoying.

Purdy

You will need the approval of the citizens in order to set ordinances and public work projects. Talk to Isabelle and she will tell you what you can do to raise you approval rating to 100.

Or have you done that already?

Eh I think she said I need to start PWP and Ordinances was it? I don't think I can do those until I'm actually in my house which will be tomorrow

Might just play some Inazuma Eleven

Dr. Buni

Eh I think she said I need to start PWP and Ordinances was it? I don't think I can do those until I'm actually in my house which will be tomorrow

Might just play some Inazuma Eleven
No, it is the opposite. You need the approval in order to start PWP and set ordinances. But yeah, you need to have your house build first.

Anyways, Gwen is moving tomorrow to my town. Only one villager left! Hopefully Rowan will leave soon.

Purdy

No, it is the opposite. You need the approval in order to start PWP and set ordinances. But yeah, you need to have your house build first.

Anyways, Gwen is moving tomorrow to my town. Only one villager left! Hopefully Rowan will leave soon.

Ah okay, I must've misread, will probably just chill a bit until tomorrow.

Oh and I really don't get what's wrong with my town. I have this narrow space on the left of my house. And as some of you may know I have my fields with hybrids set around my house. But that space on the left is just big enough to fit in villager. And every time I'm moving in someone new their plot will end up just in that tiny space on top of my flowers time and time again. Even though there areas elsewhere with plenty room. It's so annoying.

So put a lamppost there. I had to add a bunch of pwp's to keep my driveway clear of critters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
These items are completely new right?
0AAb0mq.png
yTGDjiS.png

Also being able to laydown a mats is a feature that has been long needed. Also interesting that they are based off designs that were full floor carpets.
gRCovVK.png

Also the camera is far more flexible. Doesn't seem to be stuck at fixed angles as it used to be.
ZwEvc66.png

As far as I can tell all items shown so far are in their default design so no hint of refurbishment being part of it.

Shame windows are still a problem. They still clash with certain wallpapers like the one above.

MetalDeer

So, how is Happy Home Designer going to work? Is it a whole new game, DLC, or what?

Rugs and removing or putting windows where you want would be really great.

I'm kind of hoping that placing public works projects is a bit easier in the next game, assuming they're in the next game in some capacity. Walking around with Isabelle, while cute, is kind of annoying trying to get in just the right place where you want to put whatever you're building. Oh, and my storage is overflowing with items that I can't order from the catalog. Help.

Zing

Banned
Why are you keeping items if they are just in storage? Sell or gift them. The world won't end if you don't have a full set of Pavé furniture or bundles of wheat.

Frogstep

My quest for Jeremiah begins today! I finally let go of Prince to make room for the superior lazy frog.

If anyone ever comes across him in their town and he wants to move, please let me know!

Niraj

So, how is Happy Home Designer going to work? Is it a whole new game, DLC, or what?

Rugs and removing or putting windows where you want would be really great.

I'm kind of hoping that placing public works projects is a bit easier in the next game, assuming they're in the next game in some capacity. Walking around with Isabelle, while cute, is kind of annoying trying to get in just the right place where you want to put whatever you're building. Oh, and my storage is overflowing with items that I can't order from the catalog. Help.

An easy way to keep items is to put them in letters and save them at the post office.

Question, I know for Tom Nook store upgrades I need to spend a certain amount of money and wait a certain amount of days from the day the last was built in order for them to start renovations for the next upgrade. If I time travel directly to the 10th day or 25th day will it count as those days I need and trigger the renovations? Or do I have to time travel in one day increments?

Linius

So put a lamppost there. I had to add a bunch of pwp's to keep my driveway clear of critters.

Silly of me not to think of that. Good call.

zlCfzTPTwqsqv_gM5v

The lady pals got me cake!

Happy birthday!

I finally managed to grab the third place in the fishing tourney yesterday. Turned in a sea bass which took first place when I did so and decided to leave it at that. Guess luck was on my side. Now I've got all three cups.

Niraj

The carp banner is now available at Nintendo Zone locations for North American players.
carp-banner.jpg

Still remember getting a couple of these from a Japanese player I befriended back in the day. Had no idea it was region exclusive at the time.

Niraj

Not going to guarantee it, but if I find myself in a Nintendo Zone location in the next two weeks I'll try to grab one for you.

Top Bottom