• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If she missed it and it isn't in her catalog what will she need to do? receive it from someone else?

Yup. I'll try to remember to order one for you later.

Edit: ordered one for you. Remind me anytime tomorrow or later and I'll get it to you.

Niraj

You are her hero haha. 4957 2299 3563 is her FC. She's on almost all the time.

Just let me know any time tomorrow and I'll make time. I usually play in the morning around 9 or 10 CST, but doesn't matter to me really. Mine is 2836-0258-6594

Elija2

Perfect cherries are selling for a premium in my town today if anyone wants to come sell their stash.

Also, the one week I buy a bunch of turnips and the Stalk Market Wizard is telling me that I have a rollercoaster pattern and should sell right away. Oh well, might as well see where this rollercoaster takes me.

Robin64

Oh hey, someone uploaded the Animal Crossing music from Mario Kart 8. There're a few tracks to listen to, and all are awesome.

Spring
Summer
Autumn
Winter

These all share the same intro but become different songs from the AC series. I think that Autumn is my favourite, being the Wild World title theme. Just awesome.

Results Screen

MicH

I love how those songs (and tracks, of course) have different times of day. Spring is morning, music is very upbeat. Summer is daytime, Autumn is evening where the music gets more relaxed and then winter is a beautiful night theme. Really love those tracks

I like Spring best, but 8 and 9 AM are also my favorite tracks in ACNL :p

Niraj

The part starting at 38 seconds in winter is my favorite, followed by the same timestamp in summer.

Niraj

Yeah, sure C:

How does one get villager pictures, by the way?

Just do a lot of requests and eventually they'll start handing them out. Requests like signatures, rare bugs and fish, and perfect fruit tend to have a better chance of you getting one, but sometimes you'll get them for smaller things to, like delivering a package or giving them a piece of furniture. Giving foreign perfect fruit seems to work better (you can do this when they ask for generic fruit), and giving the equivalent perfect fruit for a specific fruit they ask for does as well.

Just let me know when you want to grab it and I can open or drop it off.

Dr. Buni

Just do a lot of requests and eventually they'll start handing them out. Requests like signatures, rare bugs and fish, and perfect fruit tend to have a better chance of you getting one, but sometimes you'll get them for smaller things to, like delivering a package or giving them a piece of furniture. Giving foreign perfect fruit seems to work better (you can do this when they ask for generic fruit), and giving the equivalent perfect fruit for a specific fruit they ask for does as well.

Just let me know when you want to grab it and I can open or drop it off.
Thanks for explaining, Niraj! I will get it later today, if you are available.

I can't get it now, because I am plot resetting to place Kid Cat's house in a specific location, so I can't really load my mayor.

Niraj

Thanks for explaining, Niraj! I will get it later today, if you are available.

I can't get it now, because I am plot resetting to place Kid Cat's house in a specific location, so I can't really load my mayor.

Perfectly fine.

Dr. Buni

Is there a way to get bush starts more quickly than buying one or two in the rare occasions Leif or that old kappa woman decide to sell them?

Zing

Banned
Rome wasn't built in a day.

"HOLY FISH STICKS!"

It was raining today, so I decided to try some fishing. I've been playing for over a year and never seen a coelacanth. I figured it would take some effort. I caught one within two minutes.

I'll take that as my compensation for never catching a King Salmon despite checking every day.

Bulbasaur

Banned
After losing my town in a system transfer gone wrong I’ve begun anew. And its actually refreshing running around a brand new map. One downside though is waiting for everything to open again - Cyrus has me buying stuff from the academy just to get my catalogue up to 100 pieces!

Does anybody open their towns anymore? If so please feel free to add me and let me know! 0559 6787 5259

Zing

Banned
My town is open almost every day, but usually local wireless. If you like, you can add me as a friend and I can open "faraway" gates for you more often. I have the full T&T Emporium for you to browse daily.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

"HOLY FISH STICKS!"

It was raining today, so I decided to try some fishing. I've been playing for over a year and never seen a coelacanth. I figured it would take some effort. I caught one within two minutes.

I'll take that as my compensation for never catching a King Salmon despite checking every day.

I have caught 3 of these. The first time I did, I had no idea it was rare and just sold it. After reading about them, I was gutted. A few days later I caught another just randomly and straight to the museum. After picking the game up again after a long time, I caught another a couple of nights ago. I sold it as I was trying to finish a town project. Is there anything else you can do with rare items?

Can i get some AC NL friends so we can visit each other buy stuff from each others towns etc? my FC us 4897-5950-9975 maybe someone can even show me how to design my town xD

Robin64

Still the pipe organ at Nintendo Zones in Europe. Seems that the dates they switch in the US and EU don't match at all anymore.

I've been playing like 530 hours now and I still don't have the largest tree...or all the museum artwork, Sloppy furniture, and cardboard set for that matter. =_=

Niraj

I have caught 3 of these. The first time I did, I had no idea it was rare and just sold it. After reading about them, I was gutted. A few days later I caught another just randomly and straight to the museum. After picking the game up again after a long time, I caught another a couple of nights ago. I sold it as I was trying to finish a town project. Is there anything else you can do with rare items?

Save them in your storage for when villagers ask for them. That's about it. You can display fish in your house too.

Can i get some AC NL friends so we can visit each other buy stuff from each others towns etc? my FC us 4897-5950-9975 maybe someone can even show me how to design my town xD

Welcome. There has been an influx of new players, so I would encourage you all to add each other. Playing with each other and helping people out are the best parts of the game :)

Still the pipe organ at Nintendo Zones in Europe. Seems that the dates they switch in the US and EU don't match at all anymore.

Lame. Thanks for checking.

I've been playing like 530 hours now and I still don't have the largest tree...or all the museum artwork, Sloppy furniture, and cardboard set for that matter. =_=

Those last two still would probably hold true if you had 10 times the playtime. I know I'm well past yours and I haven't had the majority of that stuff show up in my town. Thankfully collectively we managed to cobble them together to catalog back in the day.

I'm new to the thread, can anyone help me make my town a "prefect town"?

Welcome. I would recommend checking Liquefy's FAQ/walkthrough which should still be in the OP. In general, build more positive public works projects (this would be the main reason to check that), plant more flowers and trees, and make sure that there isn't anything on the ground. The beautiful town ordinance can help so your flowers don't wilt. Make sure to check in with Isabelle so you know how close you're getting.

Made a new town after not playing this for about a year.
CD2lt9ZUsAACqDK.jpg

Almost forgot about this game being cool with Crossdressing.
CD2nGp-UgAAHQ-J.jpg

Bunnie is so cute. I'm glad she's in my town.

Really hope they end up making Animal Crossing U with the assets from Animal Crossing Plaza or Mario Kart 8.

nacolucas

Neo Member
Thank you so much! I'll be posting my friendcode and AC stuff later, if anyone want to visit.
Also, is there an easier way to get paintings? Other than the npcs that give them to you and the art tent.

Dr. Buni

Thank you so much! I'll be posting my friendcode and AC stuff later, if anyone want to visit.
Also, is there an easier way to get paintings? Other than the npcs that give them to you and the art tent.
You can probably buy them on TBT forum, there are people selling all kinds of stuff there.

bengraven

Oh God I'm back.

After being gone for nearly a decade, having obsessively played AC on GC and DS, I'm finally back in the world.

And everything is so different...

alf717

I'm having a hard time deciding where to put all the public works projects. I tried to create the Cafe today but I didn't line it up the way I wanted and had to cancel it. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to adjust it. I know Isabelle gives you a rough idea where it is going but you can't see enough to tell if you lined it up correctly with another building. Trying to deciding the layout of this stuff is more annoying then I thought it would be.

I'm having a hard time deciding where to put all the public works projects. I tried to create the Cafe today but I didn't line it up the way I wanted and had to cancel it. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to adjust it. I know Isabelle gives you a rough idea where it is going but you can't see enough to tell if you lined it up correctly with another building. Trying to deciding the layout of this stuff is more annoying then I thought it would be.

From an old post:
For placing PWPs, Isabelle uses the space immediately in front of you. If you have a hard time judging it, put down some patterns in the same dimensions of the object you're trying to place. This page gives each PWP's size. So if I'm placing a regular fountain, I'll put a 3x3 grid of patterns on the ground where I want it so when Isabelle asks if she's got in the right place, I can see if it's lined up instead of trying to eyeball it. It doesn't guarantee she'll be able to place it where you want it but saves you the hassle of needing to tear it down because her preview scene is useless in a lot of instances.

Place a 5x5 grid where you want your Cafe and make sure it lines up with the patterns when Izzy previews the placement for you. You'll need to allow for the usual PWP buffer but this method will allow you to place objects without guessing.

Top Bottom