• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime - Summer 08 - Show info and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Hitokage said:
I'd be upset, but eh... don't really care anymore. It's not like it'll matter by the next episode anyway.
Yeah,in 2 more weeks it would be Gundam 00 season 2 baby!!!

EverSoTrendy said:
Thanks for spoiling it for me. Appreciate it. WTF!!!
Geass doesn't deserve to be spoilered for it's retardedness,besides it doesn't impact the plot at all when there's other things in ep24 that impact the most.

Beezy

Defuser said:
Geass doesn't deserve to be spoilered for it's retardedness,besides it doesn't impact the plot at all when there's other things in ep24 that impact the most.
a spoiler is a spoiler

Hero

Macross Frontier continues to piss me off, but at least it's all over next week. I don't understand how one character (Ranka) can ruin an entire anime series so badly.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I know we like to shit on Geass in GAF, but I didn't notice til now just how good the soundtrack is. It made this whole episode extremely enjoyable.

As for the plot, well, it was good, if not flawless or deep. Quite the popcorn flick in a way.

Finale next week. I'm pumped!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Regulus Tera said:
I know we like to shit on Geass in GAF, but I didn't notice til now just how good the soundtrack is. It made this whole episode extremely enjoyable.

As for the plot, well, it was good, if not flawless or deep. Quite the popcorn flick in a way.

CG's soundtrack is one of anime's finest.

7Th

Hellsing321 said:
Is there cease and desist orders for, and thats why no one is subbing it? I haven't seen one subbed past 4.

It's actually on episode 5 by Conclave and episode 7 by KissSubs.

mAcOdIn

7Th said:
It's actually on episode 5 by Conclave and episode 7 by KissSubs.
I think most people either didn't want to make the show a priority and Rumi was doing a good job so it looked like no-one really needed to step in either. I think more will actually come out now that Rumi dropped it unless Conclave starts whipping them out.

I'm just glad I got to see any of it, shit it took forever for Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei to get finished but once it was clear AFK wasn't moving on it some good people finished it up.

Regulus Tera said:

Yeah its soundtrack is frigin epic. Its very good.

LowParry

CG 24 was a little fun. Good animation throughout the battles. Although the ending. Heh. Didn't someone like predict that a couple episodes back? Much better than the last episode though.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't even understand the motivations behind the majority of the people fighting in the finale in GEASS R2.

Also the whole idea of WRITING IN A SECRET AGREEMENT BEFORE THE FINALE THAT GIVES THE CHARACTER MOTIVATIONS FOR THE FINALE AND THEN NOT TELLING THE VIEWER UNTIL AFTER THE FINALE is...............................wow. Probably one of the worst writing ideas ever in a show. Lelouch and Suzaku are acting totally out of character and doing the entire finale for some reason we don't even get to know and we're still supposed to care about what is going on in the finale?

I'd say ep23/24 of GEASS is rivaling the last 2 eps of SEED-D for tons of battles that don't mean anything to the viewer and ep25 will probably be a finale that no one cares about just like the horrible SEED-D non-ending.

Zoe

Part 2 of Soul Eater, and nothing was cut!

A little bit was added though, and it looks like next week will be compressed to include more of the upcoming fight.

NeonZ

I'd say ep23/24 of GEASS is rivaling the last 2 eps of SEED-D for tons of battles that don't mean anything to the viewer and ep25 will probably be a finale that no one cares about just like the horrible SEED-D non-ending.

I know people like throwing random comparisons to SEED D, but there's no way the ending will be as bad as that one.

If this were SEED D, the Fuji battle, this episode and the next one all would be compressed into a single episode, and we'd only get any sort of epilogue in a remake of the final episode months later.

There are two big problems with Geass' finale though:

-The "Zero Requiem", which you've already mentioned.

-
Everyone completely ignoring that Scheneizel was the responsible for the 2 FLEIAs

Zoe

Son of Godzilla said:
I just wanted to say that Soul Eater 24 is probably the worst ep of anything I've ever seen. That finale was fucking heinous.

What was so bad about it? The way the good guys lost for a change?

Zoe said:
What was so bad about it? The way the good guys lost for a change?
Lost my ass. Resurrect an all powerful evil that just moments ago was driving people to suicide with nightmare hallucinations and instead of destroying the world he gives the mayor a love tap and vanishes into the night to pave the way for more WACKY HINJINX.

Zoe

Son of Godzilla said:
Lost my ass. Resurrect an all powerful evil that just moments ago was driving people to suicide with nightmare hallucinations and instead of destroying the world he gives the mayor a love tap and vanishes into the night to pave the way for more WACKY HINJINX.

You're assuming that he wants to destroy the world.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Whatever happened to the cool Goro Taniguchi? The one who was on his way to enlightenment after Planetes and completely fucked the path towards it with Gun x Sword then Code Geass.

*sheds a tear*

zurra

Son of Godzilla said:
Why would he want to destroy the world when he can leave Death City and spread madness where Shinigami can't reach him?

Zoe

Son of Godzilla said:
No I assumed the show wouldn't spend 6 months solely to introduce the main villain.

And that's a bad assumption as well. The manga has long since moved on, and there isn't even a hint of him returning yet.

Zoe said:
And that's a bad assumption as well. The manga has long since moved on, and there isn't even a hint of him returning yet.
I don't even know what that means but it sounds strangely like excusing the thing for being utter shit.

Zoe

Son of Godzilla said:
I don't even know what that means but it sounds strangely like excusing the thing for being utter shit.

More like Asura and any other possible Kishin are merely catalysts in the story. The real conflict is between Shibusen,
the Witches' World
, and everybody caught in between. The
final scene
in 24 gives that away.

rykomatsu

watch...ep25 of CG

they'll wrap it up as an anime of a movie-in-production (see ed. of tsuyokiss) and they'll start tearing down the set in the background as everyone congratulates each other for 2 years of hard work and what not.

OMG SID VICIOUS! DMC is the best thing ever.

Also started seeing Ginga Densetsu Weed and I got to steal this from SA because I was totally not expecting this.

23vjmee.jpg

NeonZ said:
I know people like throwing random comparisons to SEED D, but there's no way the ending will be as bad as that one.

If this were SEED D, the Fuji battle, this episode and the next one all would be compressed into a single episode, and we'd only get any sort of epilogue in a remake of the final episode months later.

There are two big problems with Geass' finale though:

-The "Zero Requiem", which you've already mentioned.

-
Everyone completely ignoring that Scheneizel was the responsible for the 2 FLEIAs
No at least in Gundam Seed I had a vague idea of why these people where fighting and how and why they were on the sides that they were on.

In Code Geass I really don't know how or why things got the way they did.

Shouldn't Susuka still hate Lulu?

Didn't Gino not agree with Scheneizel a couple of episodes ago?

Diethard may have been crazy but he always seemed crazy loyal to Zero so why did he turn? I'm sorry episode 19 dosen't really give me a reason why.

Why do none of the Black Knights question Ogi?

Theres so much more to ask.

At least in Destiny I knew what the Destiny plan was and the characters motivations weren't really out of character. It was just a bad show with huge pacing, structure, and development issues. Still the first half wasn't that bad.

zurra

It could be summed up pretty much as...
everyone's capacity for rational thought went out the window when they found out they were being used the entire time and "betrayed" by Lelouch and his Geass.

Not making excuses for the way it is or anything, that's just how it feels and it includes the writers, too! But I still find it to be enjoyable and hope it makes sense at the end.
And we still need to know CC's real name...

LOL DMC 5 and 6... omg... this show just doesn't let up.
Super sentai in the next episode?!?!!?

Deadly

Rahxephon91 said:
No at least in Gundam Seed I had a vague idea of why these people where fighting and how and why they were on the sides that they were on.

In Code Geass I really don't know how or why things got the way they did.

Shouldn't Susuka still hate Lulu?

Didn't Gino not agree with Scheneizel a couple of episodes ago?

Diethard may have been crazy but he always seemed crazy loyal to Zero so why did he turn? I'm sorry episode 19 dosen't really give me a reason why.

Why do none of the Black Knights question Ogi?

Theres so much more to ask.

At least in Destiny I knew what the Destiny plan was and the characters motivations weren't really out of character. It was just a bad show with huge pacing, structure, and development issues. Still the first half wasn't that bad.

Most of these were answered, spoiler tags just in case
Suzaku works with Lelouch because of the promise of Zero Requiem, since it's also what Euphie wanted, a "future".
Diethard was crazy loyal to Zero because he believed Zero would be prominent and be a great story, he's basically just a mad journalist, and he found the better story in Schneizel.
Ougi is like nearly 2nd-3rd highest in command, "he keeps everyone together", that's pretty much his only role in the Black Knights.

7Th

Zoe said:

Yes, but let us not forget than Soul Eater's main problem is trying to follow the mediocre manga PAGE BY PAGE.

Zoe

7Th said:
Yes, but let us not forget than Soul Eater's main problem is trying to follow the mediocre manga PAGE BY PAGE.

Doesn't seem like they'll be continuing that this season. Next episode covers more than one chapter.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zoe said:
Doesn't seem like they'll be continuing that this season. Next episode covers more than one chapter.
That's still covering it page by page!

Rahxephon91 said:
How is Soul Eater? The art style seems pretty cool.
I liked the first episode. But after that..... meh

Zoe

Rahxephon91 said:
How is Soul Eater? The art style seems pretty cool.

Some people love it, some people hate it. You're at an advantage coming in late cause you can speed through the second introduction arc which is when a lot of people dropped the series.

grandjedi6 said:
That's still covering it page by page!

Did you see the Free introduction episode? That most definitely was not page by page.

The episode that aired today also added a few scenes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm surprised at how touching and cute the finale (technically) to Itazura na Kiss was. Considering the series seemed very mysoginistic at times (slaping your wife is fine as long as it puts them in place guys!), the latter half of the season made for a realistic romantic comedy. It was fun, yet convincing.

I know there's another episode next week, but I have no idea what it could touch on since
both main characters have already had their baby

Zoe

Regulus Tera said:
I know there's another episode next week, but I have no idea what it could touch on since
both main characters have already had their baby

Oh, so they went through with that ending? That's good to hear.

Clevinger

I'm a little late, but damn Baccano! was good. The most I've enjoyed anime in a long, long time.

Is there any hope for a second season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom