• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announced Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future - out on April 25, 2019 (a western version is also planned) [pre-orders open]

D.Final

Banned
The Japanese Square Enix e-Store is now taking pre-orders for a “Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future Celebration Box” due out on April 25 for 4,860 yen, which includes the following:
  • Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future novel (page number TBA)
  • Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn – Prologue Blu-Ray disc
  • Art booklet (48 pages)
  • Original post card set (four 100mm x 147mm post cards)
  • Original coaster (90mm x 90mm)
jjzl4nS.jpg

A western version of the novel is also planned.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/final-f...anime-short-now-available#WPTrIu5UwgtRjAr7.99

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Cancel content of the original vision of the director then come up with stuff to charge us for, huh...

Hinedorf

Banned
The only bonus content I'd pay for would be an explanation as to how they ruined this game so spectacularly at the end.

VertigoOA

Banned
I don’t know what final fantasy is anymore...

I’m glad 14 ARR is the last one Ill play until... until they fix the horrendous art direction.

D.Final

Banned
I haven't played the game, what do you mean by this?

I played the game, and followed all the narrative universe of Final Fantasy XV.
Including the anime Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV, the film Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV, and all the DLC released.

I love Final Fantasy XV.
And it's one of my favorite Final Fantasy of all time.
(together with FF VI and FF IX)

And for me it's a great, fantastic, and epic game :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Verdanth

Including the anime Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV, the film Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV, and all the DLC released.

I love Final Fantasy XV.
And it's one of my favorite Final Fantasy of all time.
(together with FF VI and FF IX)

And for me it's a great, fantastic, and epic game :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Same here, I followed all the lore surronding the game and I really liked FFXV, but I can understand why the most hardcore fans of series didnt like it.

I really liked the way they handled the ending, specifically considering how convulated the history can be.

The cannon ending they did after is just crap thought.

Orenji Neko

I wish we could go back to Final Fantasy being a one and done game with effort being put on making a new one. Growing up, each new Final Fantasy was a big, major deal. Now the name is whored out, slapped on a ton of different things, and Square used to make a pretty good variety of different games and series.

Now, their turnaround on finished games is atrocious. Thankfully, there is a bit of the old Square feeling when it comes to Octopath, Bravely Default, and FFXIV: all of which seem to have clear ideas on what they are, reasonable dev times, and reasonable expectations of success. Dragon Quest (although originally Enix) greatly helps as well.

I don’t know what final fantasy is anymore...

I’m glad 14 ARR is the last one Ill play until... until they fix the horrendous art direction.

Agreed. I also think Yoshi P might be a good choice as an actual director for a single player FF. Toriyama seems more suited to event planning, and Tabata is more of a schedule man who can meet development milestones for the most part. Both are hardly directorial material for an entire project and what that entails without things getting incredibly messy and off balance.

I haven't played the game, what do you mean by this?

This isn't a good point though. All the best Final Fantasy games covered all the above within the confines of a single game. Elements didn't have to be fixed or added later. Backstories were part of the actual narrative, not relegated to outside media such as animes or movies. The same applies to parts of that narrative that happened in tandem with the main plotline. Those DLC episodes they put out should have been part of the actual game that happen naturally as it progresses, but instead they are separate parts, and are accessed and played separately from the main game. I do think the story concept of FFXV is fantastic....but it is told in the most asinine, terrible, and convoluted way that actually, for me, destroys the potential.

FFXV's version of FFVI would have had Locke's and Sabin/Mash's scenarios after leaving the Returner's Hideout relegated to optional DLC that is played separately from the main game. It probably would have had the whole portion dealing with
Gestahl invading the Esper World, taking Terra as a baby, turning her father into Magicite,
etc, relegated to some movie or anime series.

There is nothing wrong with liking FFXV at all. Same with FFXIII although I am not sure which one actually gets more hate, and I personally hate neither, but find them both lacking in odd and unreasonable ways; especially when so many other JRPG series have avoided the issues or pitfalls those two games have fallen into. However, as someone else who also played this game and dabbled with the additional material, I cannot tell someone with a straight face that if the story matters, that they would get all the details for it to make complete sense just within the game. A very basic concept will be communicated, no doubt, but most of the "why" and "how" will be left completely unsaid with a lot of "who?" to go with it.

And yes, at the end of the day it is all subjective and opinion. Like I said, I don't even hate XIII nor XV and I've been playing them since the first Final Fantasy came out. I've personally made excuses for both games when I feel like there is merit in a certain related element to them that deserves it. On the flip side though, I cannot consider myself a true fan if I don't acknowledge the problems and wish they were handled or managed better. It's a long running series of games with more examples to what does work, and what should be done as opposed to what shouldn't or doesn't.

The best compliment I can give FFXV is that at least it's heart is in the right place, and the intention is good, but the execution is a different story and that applies to both it's narrative and it's gameplay; I didn't even cover my gripes with gameplay which amounts to XV being so incredibly easy (even the tough or superboss enemies are just mindless damage sponges and pose no threat), with no strategy, no in depth gameplay systems (no jobs, espers, materia, junctions, gambits, extensive magic with buffing and debuffing, etc). FFXII originally came several years ago, and that game figured out how to streamline the mundane in combat (just selecting attack on trash enemies, battle transitions), and leave the advanced planning and pre-battle prep to the forefront. I recently replayed that game again on PC (Zodiac Age) and I cannot believe that the direction that game went in wasn't explored more. FFXV, to me, is literally that old "just keep selecting attack/Press A/X/whatever" mapped to a button and made to apply to pretty much all the enemies in the game. Just let go of it to dodge or warp out of the way, and you'll be fine, like every time.

The only bonus content I'd pay for would be an explanation as to how they ruined this game so spectacularly at the end.
It's still a great game to me but no excuses, they didn't know how they wanted the story to work and they made a world that wasn't populated enough. I want to come back to the game and get the Platinum trophy for it but I'm not going to lie, there's no incentive for me to unless I force myself.

D.Final

Banned
I see they're intent on milking every last drop out of that turd.

I do not see what the "problem" should be in having the new material to tell for the narrative universe of Final Fantasy XV.
(above all to tell the background, intrigues, greater insights on the characters and the Lore of the game, the curiosity, and also the alternative ideas of what would have been the additional DLC of the game)

For me, if someone is interested in and likes or love a topic, a story, and/or the Lore of a game, then he will be happy to go into this topic.
Giving, therefore, something extra to tell about his universe.

For this reason, those who are not lovers of his story, obviously, will not be interested in its study.

But for those who love the plot of the game, and the characters and the Lore, of Final Fantasy XV will love to know more details.
(both the most interesting ones, and also the alternative ones)

That's why there's no real reason to complain about the support of the narrative Universe of the game, from the development team.
(unless you have ever been interested in the game and its narrative universe)
[and in that case, one should not even follow the news concerning the evolution of this project]

Last edited:

Larxia

When you think Dawn of the future was supposed to be this:
FFXV-DLCs_04-06-18.jpg

But they are still going with the same name apparently.
But more than this, I'm super pissed that they apparently abandonned the modding tool for the PC version too.

KINDERFELD

Banned
I do not see what the "problem" should be in having the new material to tell for the narrative universe of Final Fantasy XV.
(above all to tell the background, intrigues, greater insights on the characters and the Lore of the game, the curiosity, and also the alternative ideas of what would have been the additional DLC of the game)

For me, if someone is interested in and likes or love a topic, a story, and/or the Lore of a game, then he will be happy to go into this topic.
Giving, therefore, something extra to tell about his universe.

For this reason, those who are not lovers of his story, obviously, will not be interested in its study.

But for those who love the plot of the game, and the characters and the Lore, of Final Fantasy XV will love to know more details.
(both the most interesting ones, and also the alternative ones)

That's why there's no real reason to complain about the support of the narrative Universe of the game, from the development team.
(unless you have ever been interested in the game and its narrative universe)
[and in that case, one should not even follow the news concerning the evolution of this project]

I guess.
What was that saying about one man's trash?

Fbh

Last gen Square:
Let's turn this game into a franchise and milk it

Current gen Square:
Let's just milk this one game.

Next gen Square:
Let's milk FFVII remake part 1 the whole gen

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I wish they would let Tetsuya Nomura create Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Having just finished Kingdom Hearts 3, I can tell you that Nomura knows how to write compelling dialog, complex & multifaceted characters, and a riveting plot that remains exciting and intelligible from beginning to end.

I have no doubt that his original vision would’ve been the true masterpiece we were all waiting for. Stella was one of the best Final Fantasy characters ever created and it’s a crime that she was erased.

Give Nomura free reign. I guarantee he will create the first Final Fantasy since FF VI that receives universal acclaim, rather than dividing the fanbase who can’t agree on what a Final Fantasy game should be.

D.Final

Banned
I wish they would let Tetsuya Nomura create Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Having just finished Kingdom Hearts 3, I can tell you that Nomura knows how to write compelling dialog, complex & multifaceted characters, and a riveting plot that remains exciting and intelligible from beginning to end.

I have no doubt that his original vision would’ve been the true masterpiece we were all waiting for. Stella was one of the best Final Fantasy characters ever created and it’s a crime that she was erased.

Give Nomura free reign. I guarantee he will create the first Final Fantasy since FF VI that receives universal acclaim, rather than dividing the fanbase who can’t agree on what a Final Fantasy game should be.

I'have played Kingdom Hearts 3.
And I have the platinum trophy, in Kingdom Hearts 3.

And no.

Its plot, the way it was treated, and the way Nomura managed it, is more or less bad.

All you need to do is think about the whole story of Kingdom Hearts 3, which only starts in the last 5/6 hours of the game's plot.
And then, compressed and told in a hurry, removing at least half of the phatos of all the scenes and the meetings occurred, sadly, all in a row (in a boss rush) towards the end .....
(not to mention Kairi ...)

Then, renouncing to REAL characters, and existing in the game of Final Fantasy XV, to continue chasing non-existent characters like Stella, is pathetic, useless and childish, by those who want only Versus ...

(acclaimed as a masterpiece, only from the collective imagination, only to repudiate what is for them the story of the game told today, Final Fantasy XV)

So, make peace with your conscience, and accept Final Fantasy XV for the great game it is.

And, if you did not like it, then ignore it.
But, at least, do not go crazy about non-existent things about your fantasies that, to date, do not exist.

Last edited:

royox

Agreed. I also think Yoshi P might be a good choice as an actual director for a single player FF. Toriyama seems more suited to event planning, and Tabata is more of a schedule man who can meet development milestones for the most part. Both are hardly directorial material for an entire project and what that entails without things getting incredibly messy and off balance.

DON'T TOUCH MY YOSHIP!!!!!! He's literally the reason why FFXIV:ARR,HW and SB are the last good FF games!! Gosh can't wait for Shadowbringers :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

shark sandwich

I'have played Kingdom Hearts 3.
And I have the platinum trophy, in Kingdom Hearts 3.

And no.

Its plot, the way it was treated, and the way Nomura managed it, is more or less bad.

All you need to do is think about the whole story of Kingdom Hearts 3, which only starts in the last 5/6 hours of the game's plot.
And then, compressed and told in a hurry, removing at least half of the phatos of all the scenes and the meetings occurred, sadly, all in a row (in a boss rush) towards the end .....
(not to mention Kairi ...)

Then, renouncing to REAL characters, and existing in the game of Final Fantasy XV, to continue chasing non-existent characters like Stella, is pathetic, useless and childish, by those who want only Versus ...

(acclaimed as a masterpiece, only from the collective imagination, only to repudiate what is for them the story of the game told today, Final Fantasy XV)

So, make peace with your conscience, and accept Final Fantasy XV for the great game it is.

And, if you did not like it, then ignore it.
But, at least, do not go crazy about non-existent things about your fantasies that, to date, do not exist.
Sounds like you just hate Japanese game style. You want Final Fantasy to be some brodude cover based shooter/BioWare dating sim.

Well guess what, buddy. Not me. I remember when Final Fantasy used to be , you know, FANTASY....

...okay I can’t keep it up anymore. Yeah I agree with you.

Like XV or hate it. But the idea that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was going to be some masterpiece if only Nomura were allowed to remain in control is just preposterous.

A. It’s easy to romanticize a game you never played (remember Final Fantasy Type-0? That was The Real Final Fantasy XIII... until we actually played it and realized it sucked ass)

B. We have seen what Nomura creates when he has full creative control: embarrassing tween melodrama. It makes Final Fantasy XV look like freaking Citizen Kane in comparison.

D.Final

Banned
Sounds like you just hate Japanese game style. You want Final Fantasy to be some brodude cover based shooter/BioWare dating sim.

Well guess what, buddy. Not me. I remember when Final Fantasy used to be , you know, FANTASY....

...okay I can’t keep it up anymore. Yeah I agree with you.

Like XV or hate it. But the idea that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was going to be some masterpiece if only Nomura were allowed to remain in control is just preposterous.

A. It’s easy to romanticize a game you never played (remember Final Fantasy Type-0? That was The Real Final Fantasy XIII... until we actually played it and realized it sucked ass)

B. We have seen what Nomura creates when he has full creative control: embarrassing tween melodrama. It makes Final Fantasy XV look like freaking Citizen Kane in comparison.

I love most of the "styles" of play.

And yes.
I also like Japanese games.
Like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Nier Automata, Dark Souls, Dragon Quest, etc.

And, always me, I especially love the whole series of Final Fantasy.
(since I played ALL, from first to last, during my long career in videogame)

And so, guess what?
Final Fantasy XV is a FINAL FANTASY!

9o26GWZ.gif

(whether you like it or not)

And it's also an excellent game.
And an excellent Final Fantasy.
(among the best ever made, together with FF VI and FF IX)

So, you can stay here all day to brood, or to invent new and crazy reasons for why, or for how, something that is REAL did not like you.
(compared to the ideas of a project that not only does not exist, but that has been discarded, to create something totally new)

P.S .: It takes a certain "fantasy" to imagine comparing Final Fantasy XV to a FPS random game of Bioware ....
And this does nothing but make you equally pathetic in your sad free attack on the game.

If you did not like Final Fantasy XV, do not try to invent from nothing that the Versus would have been better.
Because, as far as we know, it could also be much worse than what today is Final Fantasy XV FOR YOU.
(since Nomura wanted to make Versus XIII a musical ....)

Daymos

After finishing FFXV and all the numbered games over the years (and many hours in 11 and 14) I think I'm done with the series. I'm not going to buy into anymore FFXV 'stuff' and I'm not going to buy any of the old games for my Switch.

My time is better spent on all the other jrpgs made by former squaresoft people as well as developers connected to Atlus (among others). My "Final Fantasy" is now Xenoblade chronicles, bravely default, heck even the Alliance Alive.

Last edited:
Long time fan of the series here (and ex-professional game developer)...

I'm also a little jaded by my experience with FF XV.

The plot was poorly conveyed, with incredibly poor attention paid to delivery within the core medium (the game). It's like they designed a grandiose story, broke it into pieces, plucked 40% of that out in an unordered fashion to make into anime/CG movies and books, then shuffled the rest up and just dumped it into the game, with literally zero consideration for the actual storytelling experienced through the continuity of play. It feels like the devs were so knee deep in this plot for so many years, they failed to really take a step back and completely took for granted how badly they'd actually tried to tell it to players who were entirely new to it, and hadn't been immersed in it for ~8 years+ of a production cycle..

The art direction was typical modern Square fair, but done really badly since it was just entirely incoherent and inconsistent across the design of the whole world. Machine guns and swords? Ok but... Full-suited medieval armoured knights in only-near-futuristic military bases with mechs one moment, and then the next, it's middle rural American gas stations with diners serving burgers and fries. Then Venetian cityscapes, then modern day Eastern mega-cities, then Vivian Westwood, then glowing crystals and demonic foes.

It's like this game had no idea what it wanted it's identity to be, and so it tried to skirt some weird Frankenstein amalgam of basically every-concievable-artistic-theme-you-can-think-of, constituting a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none approach in the end... no... more like a pion-of-no-trades-master-of-even-less.

The gameplay was fun. Pretty much the game's only redeeming feature, outside of the fact that it wasn't perfect. The character special abilities were thematically boring and throwaway (fishing? cooking? photography? in a FF RPG? And this is supposed to be fun and immersive gameplay?).

Nearly all of the games optional quests were extremely poorly conceived, by the numbers, busywork. Just no thought, consideration or effort was put into using these to achieve any kind of narrative or character development, or world building (the prince and One True Heir to the Throne of the entire f***ing country, is being asked by joe NPC id: 09543 to go and fetch some weeds to cook a meal to feed a pussy cat? ... Really?). The whole game felt like the gameplay team and narrative teams worked completely siloed and separate over the entire production cycle, and someone thought it was funny to feed Chinese whispers through their producers to ensure that staff thought they were making completely different games across both sides. No thematic cohesion (or internal consistency) between gameplay/plot and the entire game suffered greatly for it IMO. (See The Witcher 3 as a benchmark of how this whole game's quest system could have been done MUCH better IMO).

Combat was interesting and enjoyable but I take someone's point mentioned earlier that it was shallow and lacking in much strategic variation over the course of the game.

The open world was nice but tedious to get around at times. Then they completely took it away from you half way through the game and the whole thing genuinely turn from a JRPG into an on-the-rails action adventure game, all the way through to the end (WTF?). This to me soured the whole experience, There was no pre-end game grind, hunting the world for all the lovingly crafted skills, limit breaks, summons, ultimate weapons, ultimate materia/magic, ultima weapons, secret super-bosses, easter eggs and all manner of things that traditionally made FF games feel like FF games. I really cannot fathom the rationale for removing such an important stable to the JRPG genre from one of the longest running and most established franchises that was pivotal in originating and defining them...

The summons were lovely but almost impossible to really enjoy, being not directly controllable to invoke. You also had a handful that only appeared in cut-scenes, which was another demonstration of weird/awful decision-making.

There wasn't anywhere near enough enemy variety over the course of the game, I kinda blame this somewhat on the real-time battle system, hugely increasing the production burden of modelling, audio, SFX & animation work required to realise each one, with all their nuanced movements and attack patterns.

This game ultimately felt like a shit ton of work was put into fine-grained details around the visuals, animations, overarching [cross-media]-plot and trying to craft a highly detailed, immersive and believable world. I came out feeling like literally 50-70% of the production budget was entirely wasted on work that yielded negligible-to-very-low value to the player (e.g. how realistic and fully modelled and well realised did all those cuisines look? Why not get rid of the whole cooking mechanic all together and better spend that dev budget on work that actually adds "fun" to the game? More interesting quests? More interesting enemies to battle? The list is endless!). An exceptionally poorly balanced economy of game production that's completely shameful given how long this thing sat in production.

I really don't have much faith in Square anymore since the culmination of failures this game seems to demonstrate, seems to exemplify not just a lack of acknowledgment for the core values and pillars of the best entries in the franchises legacy that helped make it great, but also a bewildering degree of contempt for even the breadth of gameplay tropes and genre idioms that define the JRPG itself.

I don't really have a great deal of faith in Square right now and I'll be taking a much more skeptical view of their future output moving forward, given the scale and severity of failures demonstrated here.

(Sorry this rant is a little long-winded, I needed to get that off my chest).

D.Final

Banned
Long time fan of the series here (and ex-professional game developer)...

I'm also a little jaded by my experience with FF XV.

The plot was poorly conveyed, with incredibly poor attention paid to delivery within the core medium (the game). It's like they designed a grandiose story, broke it into pieces, plucked 40% of that out in an unordered fashion to make into anime/CG movies and books, then shuffled the rest up and just dumped it into the game, with literally zero consideration for the actual storytelling experienced through the continuity of play. It feels like the devs were so knee deep in this plot for so many years, they failed to really take a step back and completely took for granted how badly they'd actually tried to tell it to players who were entirely new to it, and hadn't been immersed in it for ~8 years+ of a production cycle..

The art direction was typical modern Square fair, but done really badly since it was just entirely incoherent and inconsistent across the design of the whole world. Machine guns and swords? Ok but... Full-suited medieval armoured knights in only-near-futuristic military bases with mechs one moment, and then the next, it's middle rural American gas stations with diners serving burgers and fries. Then Venetian cityscapes, then modern day Eastern mega-cities, then Vivian Westwood, then glowing crystals and demonic foes.

It's like this game had no idea what it wanted it's identity to be, and so it tried to skirt some weird Frankenstein amalgam of basically every-concievable-artistic-theme-you-can-think-of, constituting a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none approach in the end... no... more like a pion-of-no-trades-master-of-even-less.

The gameplay was fun. Pretty much the game's only redeeming feature, outside of the fact that it wasn't perfect. The character special abilities were thematically boring and throwaway (fishing? cooking? photography? in a FF RPG? And this is supposed to be fun and immersive gameplay?).

Nearly all of the games optional quests were extremely poorly conceived, by the numbers, busywork. Just no thought, consideration or effort was put into using these to achieve any kind of narrative or character development, or world building (the prince and One True Heir to the Throne of the entire f***ing country, is being asked by joe NPC id: 09543 to go and fetch some weeds to cook a meal to feed a pussy cat? ... Really?). The whole game felt like the gameplay team and narrative teams worked completely siloed and separate over the entire production cycle, and someone thought it was funny to feed Chinese whispers through their producers to ensure that staff thought they were making completely different games across both sides. No thematic cohesion (or internal consistency) between gameplay/plot and the entire game suffered greatly for it IMO. (See The Witcher 3 as a benchmark of how this whole game's quest system could have been done MUCH better IMO).

Combat was interesting and enjoyable but I take someone's point mentioned earlier that it was shallow and lacking in much strategic variation over the course of the game.

The open world was nice but tedious to get around at times. Then they completely took it away from you half way through the game and the whole thing genuinely turn from a JRPG into an on-the-rails action adventure game, all the way through to the end (WTF?). This to me soured the whole experience, There was no pre-end game grind, hunting the world for all the lovingly crafted skills, limit breaks, summons, ultimate weapons, ultimate materia/magic, ultima weapons, secret super-bosses, easter eggs and all manner of things that traditionally made FF games feel like FF games. I really cannot fathom the rationale for removing such an important stable to the JRPG genre from one of the longest running and most established franchises that was pivotal in originating and defining them...

The summons were lovely but almost impossible to really enjoy, being not directly controllable to invoke. You also had a handful that only appeared in cut-scenes, which was another demonstration of weird/awful decision-making.

There wasn't anywhere near enough enemy variety over the course of the game, I kinda blame this somewhat on the real-time battle system, hugely increasing the production burden of modelling, audio, SFX & animation work required to realise each one, with all their nuanced movements and attack patterns.

This game ultimately felt like a shit ton of work was put into fine-grained details around the visuals, animations, overarching [cross-media]-plot and trying to craft a highly detailed, immersive and believable world. I came out feeling like literally 50-70% of the production budget was entirely wasted on work that yielded negligible-to-very-low value to the player (e.g. how realistic and fully modelled and well realised did all those cuisines look? Why not get rid of the whole cooking mechanic all together and better spend that dev budget on work that actually adds "fun" to the game? More interesting quests? More interesting enemies to battle? The list is endless!). An exceptionally poorly balanced economy of game production that's completely shameful given how long this thing sat in production.

I really don't have much faith in Square anymore since the culmination of failures this game seems to demonstrate, seems to exemplify not just a lack of acknowledgment for the core values and pillars of the best entries in the franchises legacy that helped make it great, but also a bewildering degree of contempt for even the breadth of gameplay tropes and genre idioms that define the JRPG itself.

I don't really have a great deal of faith in Square right now and I'll be taking a much more skeptical view of their future output moving forward, given the scale and severity of failures demonstrated here.

(Sorry this rant is a little long-winded, I needed to get that off my chest).

So, for this point, I give you some news.
(communicated by really many years before the release of the game)

The concept of Final Fantasy XV is:
"a fantasy based on reality"

So, once one knows this, it is equally obvious that the concept of the game can never be a total fantasy.
(like TW3)

And consequently, being an artistic choice, it is not at all a defect of the game but rather an artistic choice of the concept.
(then, whether you like it or not it is another purely subjective speech)

As for the gameplay, for me, it's fantastic.
Beautiful, dynamic and above all fun.

Also, if you're looking for postgame challenges, there are 8 Ezma secret dungeons.
Very long dungeons that hide numerous powerful enemies.
(even enemies immune to physical attacks)

As for the quotations to the classic chapters of Final Fantasy, does the name Cid tell you anything?
Well.
He is present in the game.
And there are also the chocobo, the behemoth, the garula (from FF V), the goblin (from FF II), a Dragoon named Aranea, Ramuh, Shiva, etc ...

So there are plenty of references to the great classic chapters of Final Fantasy.

And, to conclude, I'll link you a video of a very iconic secret boss of the saga.
(and also very difficult to defeat)

Omega

And, furthermore, the Noctis Armiger is a special technique that allows multiple use of ancestral weapons.
So pretty cool.
(even the Armiger Unleashed is super cool)

For this, and for many other things, I consider Final Fantasy XV a masterpiece, and one of the best Final Fantasy ever created.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Instead Yes.

Final Fantasy XV it's a real
Final Fantasy!

zc3M9t8.gif

MVODkyD.gif

And I say this especially because I'm a longtime fan of the saga
(from Final Fantasy I)

Last edited:

Shifty

giphy.gif

Still waiting for SE to bring Final Fantasy back to singular, self-contained titles that feel complete on day one, myself. They need a current-day Capcom style redemption arc.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Final Fantasy XV is already a fantastic game.
And
above all, it has always been a single game, autonomous and, above all, it has always been a COMPLETE GAME SINCE ITS DAYONE.

kcnYulZ.jpg

All the truly essential narrative parts of his narrative universe, such as Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV and Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV, were already available before the game came out.

While everything else, like the DLC Episodes and free game updates, made it even richer and even more beautiful.

So, I'm extremely happy with how Square Enix decided to further expand the magnificent universe of Final Fantasy XV.

And I will be just as happy to continue to support them, playing very willingly also to Episode Ardyn :messenger_smiling_hearts:

P. S.: The Royal Edition of the game, and also the Windows Edition, contain all the contents released, up to now, of the game.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Is FF XV is still in development or what?

The game is already complete.
Already from his day one.

And today, with the Royal Edition and the Windows Edition the experience of the main game and its Lore is also much richer.

With all contents so far released all included in one package.

Last edited:

Shifty

Final Fantasy XV is already a fantastic game.
And
above all, it has always been a single game, autonomous and, above all, it has always been a COMPLETE GAME SINCE ITS DAYONE.

kcnYulZ.jpg
This has to be one of the funnier meltdowns we've seen in recent months :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Shouting louder doesn't make you right, it more makes you look like you're having a big old tantrum because people are making (entirely valid) criticisms of the thing you like. Especially with all of these big action gifs, it's like we can see the rattle flying out of the pram in real time!

And no, it was not a complete game from day one.

All the truly essential narrative parts of his narrative universe, such as Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV and Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV, were already available before the game came out
That is neither singular nor complete considering that you have to go out of your way to watch a film and an anime in order to grasp what's going on.

A proper story should be all in one place. This cross-media 'increasing engagement by synergizing entertainment products across multiple mediums' approach is trash and results in a confusing, unsatisfying narrative.

And let's not forget that a scene from Kingsglaive had to be patched into the early game in order to give players context that Papa Caelum's big shiny city got leveled by the empire.

P. S.: The Royal Edition of the game, and also the Windows Edition, contain all the contents released, up to now, of the game.
Ah yes, the supposed 'complete' release that should have been a one-and-done way to get everything FFXV related on PC without needing to worry about seasonal DLC.

Instead, we got what amounts to a season 1 bundle followed by cancellation of further development. Yippee, thank you Square.

Considering that we don't know if they plan to charge for Episode Ardyn or include it for free on PC as a goodwill gesture, Royal Edition is in "wait for deep sale" territory right now.

So, I'm extremely happy with how Square Enix decided to further expand the magnificent universe of Final Fantasy XV.

And I will be just as happy to continue to support them, playing very willingly also to Episode Ardyn :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Honestly, people would probably be content to leave you to your kool-aid if you weren't trying to shill so hard for the game.

Proclaiming "IT'S THE BEST FINAL FANTASY" in full knowledge of its rough development, divisive reception, and the existence of 10+ better told and more complete FF games is just painting a target on your head.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

LOL D.Final has some serious potential as a new meme format.

Anybody want to post a passionate D.Final response in one of the Crackdown 3 threads?

D.Final

Banned
This has to be one of the funnier meltdowns we've seen in recent months :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Shouting louder doesn't make you right, it more makes you look like you're having a big old tantrum because people are making (entirely valid) criticisms of the thing you like. Especially with all of these big action gifs, it's like we can see the rattle flying out of the pram in real time!

And no, it was not a complete game from day one.

That is neither singular nor complete considering that you have to go out of your way to watch a film and an anime in order to grasp what's going on.

A proper story should be all in one place. This cross-media 'increasing engagement by synergizing entertainment products across multiple mediums' approach is trash and results in a confusing, unsatisfying narrative.

And let's not forget that a scene from Kingsglaive had to be patched into the early game in order to give players context that Papa Caelum's big shiny city got leveled by the empire.

Ah yes, the supposed 'complete' release that should have been a one-and-done way to get everything FFXV related on PC without needing to worry about seasonal DLC.

Instead, we got what amounts to a season 1 bundle followed by cancellation of further development. Yippee, thank you Square.

Considering that we don't know if they plan to charge for Episode Ardyn or include it for free on PC as a goodwill gesture, Royal Edition is in "wait for deep sale" territory right now.

Honestly, people would probably be content to leave you to your kool-aid if you weren't trying to shill so hard for the game.

Proclaiming "IT'S THE BEST FINAL FANTASY" in full knowledge of its rough development, divisive reception, and the existence of 10+ better told and more complete FF games is just painting a target on your head.

You see it as you please then ...

Since the Final Fantasy XV game has always been complete with its main storyline, from beginning to end.
(from the DayOne)

And all the media in his universe, like the anime Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV and the film Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV, enrich the plot, the story and the lore of the game, and the background of the characters, but the game with regard to the only main plot has always been complete by Dayone.
(and who says the opposite, he only says it because he wants to complain about the multimedia universe of the game)

So what I say is an objective truth, not an opinion.

And if you want to continue to believe the opposite, then you do not want to see reality.
So just complain about the operation.

Lanrutcon

Posting in (potentially) legendary thread.

D.Final D.Final : I've heard that Final Fantasy XV is not a good or complete game. This cannot be so! Please, tell us why that is not the objective truth using varying font sizes. Don't hold back. So much depends on you.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

D.Final D.Final : I've heard that Final Fantasy XV is not a good or complete game. This cannot be so! Please, tell us why that is not the objective truth using varying font sizes. Don't hold back. So much depends on you.
I’d tend to agree. I always thought it was a poor choice to have so much important information crammed into the Kingsglaive movie rather than be included in the game proper. Then the bros learn about it from a freaking newspaper.

That’s just my opinion. But I think I could be persuaded if only somebody made a truly passionate argument about how the game was complete Dayone.

D.Final

Banned

Trying to make sarcasm about the evaluation of a game for a user, is very sad and pathetic for those people who, often or willingly, are not even able to have a real personal opinion, letting themselves be guided by the thought of a wrong current and distorted.

So, believe what you want.

And laugh if you want too.

But, for me, Final Fantasy XV is an excellent game and an excellent Final Fantasy.

For many reasons, from the gameplay, to the plot, from the protagonists, to the villan.
(Ardyn is probably the best villan of the saga together with Kefka)

So, Final Fantasy XV is a great, beautiful and complete game already from DayOne.
And if you want to know why, you should play with it.

And who says the opposite, or hates the game and its universe, or is someone who hates just for fun.

So make your opinion about the game and its narrative universe, before laughing (with unnecessary sarcasm) of the opinions of others.

I’d tend to agree. I always thought it was a poor choice to have so much important information crammed into the Kingsglaive movie rather than be included in the game proper. Then the bros learn about it from a freaking newspaper.

That’s just my opinion. But I think I could be persuaded if only somebody made a truly passionate argument about how the game was complete Dayone.

Final Fantasy XV is a great and complete game already from DayOne.
If you want to know why, you should play with it.

And if you says the opposite, well....
You already hate the game.

So, you continue to hate it just for fun, and to annoy those who loved Final Fantasy XV.

Since you yourself would have preferred a game that does not even exist ....
Cheering and praising him as well ....
Without knowing anything about that game ....
That does not exist ...
Ok .....

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Trying to make sarcasm about the evaluation of a game for a user, is very sad and pathetic for those people who, often or willingly, are not even able to have a real personal opinion, letting themselves be guided by the thought of a wrong current and distorted.

So, believe what you want.

And laugh if you want too.

But, for me, Final Fantasy XV is an excellent game and an excellent Final Fantasy.

For many reasons, from the gameplay, to the plot, from the protagonists, to the villan.
(Ardyn is probably the best villan of the saga together with Kefka)

So, Final Fantasy XV is a great, beautiful and complete game already from DayOne.
And if you want to know why, you should play with it.

And who says the opposite, or hates the game and its universe, or is someone who hates just for fun.

So make your opinion about the game and its narrative universe, before laughing (with unnecessary sarcasm) of the opinions of others.

Sir, you do not disappoint. I apologize for making fun of your sincerity.

The Snake

I actually really enjoyed FFXV, which is weird considering it's everything I hate about a modern FF game (I'm one of the last remaining old guard who thinks FF should be a Japanese twist on classic D&D), but I'm kind of ready for it to be put to bed so we can see what XVI might look like.

Nomura is a neat guy but he needs someone to reign his ass in. Enough with the futuristic anime. Make your own franchise, ya doofus.

DonF

What you point as a finished story (Vanilla FF XV + kingsglaive and Brotherhood) is actually a weaknesses for me. I want a contained universe, old school final fantasy, not this multi medium disjointed universe. I liked the idea of Crisis Core for FFVII, where you get to spend more time with a secondary character and learn a little bit more about the universe, but FFXV feels incomplete, a puzzle, thats its actually a hassle to assemble. I've been waiting a long time to get the complete edition but right now im doubting if i will ever get the game.

Shifty

LOL D.Final has some serious potential as a new meme format.

Anybody want to post a passionate D.Final response in one of the Crackdown 3 threads?
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered changing my avatar to Lightning and posting a rave thread about why FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns is the greatest Final Fantasy game ever made.

I haven't yet though, because while I genuinely think it's a great game, I'm self-aware enough not to trumpet that from the highest mountain unless I'm actively looking to start a fight with the enormous section of the fanbase that considers it to be an awful FF game.

Since the Final Fantasy XV game has always been complete with its main storyline, from beginning to end.
(from the DayOne)
Final Fantasy XV is a great and complete game already from DayOne.

Repeating this multiple times does not magically make it true, no matter what permutation of bolding and excessive font size you use.

If you bought just the FFXV disc on day one, you weren't getting the complete picture. And before any arguments of "well they should have watched the film, seen the anime, and bought the t-shirt if they wanted a satisfying product", lol no. Supplementary material should not be a necessity to understand what is going on.

(and who says the opposite, he only says it because he wants to complain about the multimedia universe of the game)

"People who disagree with my blind hype didn't play the game or engage with its multimedia universe (because clearly they would love it if they did) and are therefore haters"

This is the most fanboyish nonsense I've ever read. I watched the movie and anime back-to-back on launch night while my PS4 was preloading the game, and my appraisal is still "it sucks".

Last edited:

Ka-Kui

The game is already complete.
Already from his day one.

And today, with the Royal Edition and the Windows Edition the experience of the main game and its Lore is also much richer.

With all contents so far released all included in one package.
Complete?

Gladio disappears at some point in the game and then returns and no explanation was provided as to what he did and why he disappeared.

When I came across that I was thinking "That's interesting, I guess there'll be some kind of payoff and explanation later, like a twist - I can't wait!". Game ends and now we know it's explained in paid DLC.

Purposefully instigating questions in the audience's mind, and then framing a scene in such a way that demands answers ie. creating intentional plot holes - that can only be filled in via paid DLC - is either poor storytelling or the game is incomplete.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
D.Final D.Final Please calm down. If you are acting like a cartoon character or a parody then people will treat you as such. If you don't want to hear criticisms or dissenting opinions against your most loved franchise then a forum isn't really the right place for you. I love the fact you are having a celebratory outpouring of love for this particular game, but when you do this publicly on a discussion forum, you implicitly invite others to share their differing opinions or thoughts. These will not always be the same conclusion you have reached.

D.Final

Banned
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered changing my avatar to Lightning and posting a rave thread about why FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns is the greatest Final Fantasy game ever made.

I haven't yet though, because while I genuinely think it's a great game, I'm self-aware enough not to trumpet that from the highest mountain unless I'm actively looking to start a fight with the enormous section of the fanbase that considers it to be an awful FF game.

Repeating this multiple times does not magically make it true, no matter what permutation of bolding and excessive font size you use.

If you bought just the FFXV disc on day one, you weren't getting the complete picture. And before any arguments of "well they should have watched the film, seen the anime, and bought the t-shirt if they wanted a satisfying product", lol no. Supplementary material should not be a necessity to understand what is going on.

"People who disagree with my blind hype didn't play the game or engage with its multimedia universe (because clearly they would love it if they did) and are therefore haters"

This is the most fanboyish nonsense I've ever read. I watched the movie and anime back-to-back on launch night while my PS4 was preloading the game, and my appraisal is still "it sucks".

Look, I've already explained it to you many times.

Final Fantasy XV is a complete game from its Dayone.
And continuing to repeat the opposite, insistently, just because obviously you did not like its main storyline, and even its multimedia universe, does not automatically make the game incomplete just because you did not like it.

Because it is objectively a game from the plot already complete by Dayone.
And to say the opposite will not change things.

That said, now I'm tired of repeating the same things to those who do not want to hear what I have to say.

So, continue to remain in your blind opinion about the game if you prefer.

At least I am at peace with my conscience.
Because I know that Final Fantasy XV has always been complete at Dayone.

And I have nothing more to say on this subject.

Accept my opinion as such, or ignore it if you prefer.
But I think of it this way for a very valid reason.
And it is a very valid, and above all objective reason.

For the rest, believe what you want.
(as it should be)
But, at least, do not attack my valid, truthful opinion on the game and its multimedia universe.

The Snake

Final Fantasy XV is a complete game from its Dayone.
And continuing to repeat the opposite, insistently, just because obviously you did not like its main storyline, and even its multimedia universe, does not automatically make the game incomplete just because you did not like it.

That said, now I'm tired of repeating the same things to those who do not want to hear what I have to say.

Accept my opinion as such, or ignore it if you prefer.
But I think of it this way for a very valid reason.

For the rest, believe what you want.
(as it should be)
But, at least, do not attack my valid, truthful opinion on the game and its multimedia universe.

This guy is some kind of experimental forum bot, right?

Shifty

You haven't explained squat. You've repeated "It was complete on DayOne because the anime and movie" over and over again while ignoring any counterpoints rather than addressing and disproving them.

Let's flip this argument around: The story is not 'complete' just because you liked it.

Oh no. He said 'objective', whatever will I do.

You're going to need hard proof if you want to claim that your stance on the game is objective while mine is somehow subjective by comparison, despite the fact that evidence to the incomplete nature of the story has already been posted multiple times in this thread whereas evidence to the contrary is conspicuously missing.

Friendo I've heard what you have to say. About three to five times in total judging by the amount of reiterations you've made over the course of this thread.

Just because my opinion does not exactly mirror yours does not make it 'blind'. If anything, dismissing mine out of hand in favor of the "FFXV is the best ever" bubble is the blindness here.

Why are you implicitly projecting "not being at peace with one's conscience" onto everybody who disagrees that the game has a complete story...?

That's some heavy shit for a disagreement over a videogame. Usually people reserve that kind of thing for when they've killed someone and hidden the body.

That's right Sora, the light will always guide your heart to make FFXV Complete At DayOne. A-hyuck! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I-dont-believe-you.gif

(But I'm willing to entertain the idea)

If you think any opinion about any form of media is objective then you have some learning to do about discourse.

I'm not attacking your opinion, because while I disagree with it, I respect your right to hold it.

I'm attacking the presentation of said opinion, because escalating to IT'S THE BEST NO SHUT UP I'M GOING TO TRY AND SHOUT YOU DOWN DESPITE THIS BEING A TEXT-BASED MEDIUM when someone doesn't display the same unfettered love for the game as you is, quite frankly, a very dumb way to approach the conversation.

Last edited:

KINDERFELD

Banned
So, for this point, I give you some news.
(communicated by really many years before the release of the game)

The concept of Final Fantasy XV is:
"a fantasy based on reality"

So, once one knows this, it is equally obvious that the concept of the game can never be a total fantasy.
(like TW3)

And consequently, being an artistic choice, it is not at all a defect of the game but rather an artistic choice of the concept.
(then, whether you like it or not it is another purely subjective speech)

As for the gameplay, for me, it's fantastic.
Beautiful, dynamic and above all fun.

Also, if you're looking for postgame challenges, there are 8 Ezma secret dungeons.
Very long dungeons that hide numerous powerful enemies.
(even enemies immune to physical attacks)

As for the quotations to the classic chapters of Final Fantasy, does the name Cid tell you anything?
Well.
He is present in the game.
And there are also the chocobo, the behemoth, the garula (from FF V), the goblin (from FF II), a Dragoon named Aranea, Ramuh, Shiva, etc ...

So there are plenty of references to the great classic chapters of Final Fantasy.

And, to conclude, I'll link you a video of a very iconic secret boss of the saga.
(and also very difficult to defeat)

Omega

And, furthermore, the Noctis Armiger is a special technique that allows multiple use of ancestral weapons.
So pretty cool.
(even the Armiger Unleashed is super cool)

For this, and for many other things, I consider Final Fantasy XV a masterpiece, and one of the best Final Fantasy ever created.

You know the consensus is that the game sucks right?
You had to have known this to some extent given the wall of text and videos you post in a failing attempt to prove otherwise.

Top Bottom