• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announced Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future - out on April 25, 2019 (a western version is also planned) [pre-orders open]

D.Final

Banned
I rest of my honest opinion on the game and its narrative universe.
(and I have already specified the reason well)

Final Fantasy XV is one of the masterpiece of this generation, for me.

gdY5kOF.gif

cjuVydG.jpg

n33807r.gif

And attack me for how I express my opinion, with even sarcastic jokes of bad taste, does not make my opinion wrong.

Just know that my opinion, as well as well argued, has an excellent and valid reason to exist and be shared.

I have nothing else to say.

P. S.: It would be wise to avoid attacking the opinions of others if you are not able to accept them for what they are.
And that is opinions.

(sometimes also based on objective divisions.
Like the fact that the plot of FFXV is objectively complete by the dayone)

Last edited:

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
^ people aren’t attacking your opinion. They’re attacking your way of expressing your opinion.

You come across as a raving lunatic who can’t accept that other people are disappointed with a game that you deem to be a masterpiece.

Ka-Kui

I rest of my honest opinion on the game and its narrative universe.
(and I have already specified the reason well)

Final Fantasy XV is one of the masterpiece of this generation, for me.

And attack me for how I express my opinion, with even sarcastic jokes of bad taste, does not make my opinion wrong.

Just know that my opinion, as well as well argued, has an excellent and valid reason to exist and be shared.

I have nothing else to say.

P. S.: It would be wise to avoid attacking the opinions of others if you are not able to accept them for what they are.
And that is opinions.

(sometimes also based on objective divisions.
Like the fact that the plot of FFXV is objectively complete by the dayone)
No one is saying you're wrong to rate the game highly, but you're going about in a way that says that anyone that thinks otherwise than you is wrong...

... and that will invite guys like me to challenge you on that.

lifa-cobex

FF15 is a guilty pleasure for myself.

Keeping in mind that at one stage Nomura wanted FF15 to be a musical, and to say the many many other changes the game went through. I can by no means say it's a masterpiece on any real level story wise.
I don't think even Nomura knew what he wanted to make after the many years of teasing.
Tabata had to pick up what Nomura had left and structure it into something. Given that he was over worked to finish the game, i'm going to guess it was all over the place. (Judging by what was originally showcased to what we got).

Personally I hate Nomura. I think he's an over rated hack. I hate his character designs and i'm not a fan of his writings or character portrayals.
That being said, I was OK with FF15 after the many updates and DLC's. Though pacing is still terrible, the combat has no real depth.

But I gotta give credit where credit is due. Tabata seems to be trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle without a picture on the box.
He could have just realised the base game, pointed his finger at Nomura and just bailed.
(maybe he's now come to the conclusion that he can't patch up the game whilst still making profit. Perhaps that's why he's bailed to do his own thing now. Dunno.)

As said, FF15 is still a guilty pleasure of mine.
I enjoyed the bro trip, The fan theory's gave it a good injection of interest (Pitioss dungeon), the music and the fact the game ran really well for the size of it.
At least you didn't have to read a bible of information to understand the world or story before the game began. :)
But the game is disjointed as fuck. The difference being that I can understand why and I can't defend it, because it is what it is.

Last edited:

The Snake

FF15 is a guilty pleasure for myself.

Keeping in mind that at one stage Nomura wanted FF15 to be a musical, and to say the many many other changes the game went through. I can by no means say it's a masterpiece on any real level story wise.
I don't think even Nomura knew what he wanted to make after the many years of teasing.
Tabata had to pick up what Nomura had left and structure it into something. Given that he was over worked to finish the game, i'm going to guess it was all over the place. (Judging by what was originally showcased to what we got).

Personally I hate Nomura. I think he's an over rated hack. I hate his character designs and i'm not a fan of his writings or character portrayals.
That being said, I was OK with FF15 after the many updates and DLC's. Though pacing is still terrible, the combat has no real depth.

But I gotta give credit where credit is due. Tabata seems to be trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle without a picture on the box.
He could have just realised the base game, pointed his finger at Nomura and just bailed.
(maybe he's now come to the conclusion that he can't patch up the game whilst still making profit. Perhaps that's why he's bailed to do his own thing now. Dunno.)

As said, FF15 is still a guilty pleasure of mine.
I enjoyed the bro trip, The fan theory's gave it a good injection of interest (Pitioss dungeon), the music and the fact the game ran really well for the size of it.
At least you didn't have to read a bible of information to understand the world or story before the game began. :)
But the game is disjointed as fuck. The difference being that I can understand why and I can't defend it, because it is what it is.

I don't think I could say that I hate him but he really, really needs to have someone to reign him in a bit. He has decent ideas and his character designs often show hints of ingenuity but when he's given total control he gets way out of hand. That's why we end up with crazy incoherent stories, and characters with zippers all over the place.

I always said Nomura's work (writing, designs, all of it) reminds me of something you'd find in the margin's of a high school kid's notebook. There are ideas there but nothing that should be used completely and with a big budget/brand name attached to it.

shark sandwich

I don't think I could say that I hate him but he really, really needs to have someone to reign him in a bit. He has decent ideas and his character designs often show hints of ingenuity but when he's given total control he gets way out of hand. That's why we end up with crazy incoherent stories, and characters with zippers all over the place.

I always said Nomura's work (writing, designs, all of it) reminds me of something you'd find in the margin's of a high school kid's notebook. There are ideas there but nothing that should be used completely and with a big budget/brand name attached to it.
The story, and especially the storytelling style in Kingdom Hearts 3 are, without exaggeration, the worst I’ve ever encountered in a story-driven JRPG.

Best possible future is one where Nomura is confined to Kingdom Hearts and now allowed to touch anything else. I’m terrified of what this clown will do to FF VII remake.

DZito7

Neo Member
Well, I, for one consider

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is the best entry of the series.

giphy.gif

The game is PERFECT on every aspect and includes

SEVERAL CUSTOMIZATION that allows you to enjoy Lightning in a ways it would drive even Motomu Toriyama himself INSANE.

The game is the culmination of TEN YEARS OF FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS and conveys emotions like no other game before it.

E51282FB4A066127D7856FC634E192DA2C37A22E

The gameplay is simply divine, fast and fun. You can switch costumes on the go, unlocking several abilities and skills they provide during EPIC battles.

Last edited:

KINDERFELD

Banned

giphy.gif

SEVERAL CUSTOMIZATION that allows you to enjoy Lightning in a ways it would drive even Motomu Toriyama himself INSANE.

The game is the culmination of TEN YEARS OF FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS and conveys emotions like no other game before it.

The gameplay is simply divine, fast and fun. You can switch costumes on the go, unlocking several abilities and skills they provide during EPIC battles.

I got it for PC a few months ago.
The timed aspect of the game subconsciously makes me feel like I'm supposed to rush through thing.
After doing some research, I learned that time does pass during cutscenes and npc dialogue.

I haven't finished it yet but intend to come back to it sometime in the future.

Shifty

giphy.gif

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

DZito7 DZito7 I think you parodied so hard that OP edited extra gifs into post #51 to keep up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I got it for PC a few months ago.
The timed aspect of the game subconsciously makes me feel like I'm supposed to rush through thing.
After doing some research, I learned that time does pass during cutscenes and npc dialogue.

I haven't finished it yet but intend to come back to it sometime in the future.
If memory serves you can abuse the hell out of the Chronostasis time-stop power to effectively neuter the Majora's Mask elements until you need them. I think you get it from Hope after a few in-game days have passed.

Man I almost feel like reinstalling the game and taking another shot at it.

Edit: We in there
940149144752a13f3a6fee935e9f889e.png

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

He's like the George Lucas of videogames He might come up with a few good concepts but needs someone around to give him the occasional slap.

Quezacolt

I enjoyed my time with FFXV, but the game is flawed, the narrative, even if in paper is interesting, had such a poor execution, like for example, why should we care about noctis and luna's relationship if we only see them together for like 5 minutes? Lore behind movies and paid dlc... just no. The grpahics were great and the gameplay was cool, and the soundtrack was amazing, but everything else related to the plot? Either incomplete or compressed so much that you end up scratching your head.

I hope that with the next game, they plan well, and we have something that doesn't need other media to tell it's story, and that it's completed from day one, without needing extra stuff just to explain what should have been in the game to begin with. overall, even if i had some fun, the game was a disappointment, and i dont even feel like touching it again.

The Snake

I enjoyed my time with FFXV, but the game is flawed, the narrative, even if in paper is interesting, had such a poor execution, like for example, why should we care about noctis and luna's relationship if we only see them together for like 5 minutes? Lore behind movies and paid dlc... just no. The grpahics were great and the gameplay was cool, and the soundtrack was amazing, but everything else related to the plot? Either incomplete or compressed so much that you end up scratching your head.

I hope that with the next game, they plan well, and we have something that doesn't need other media to tell it's story, and that it's completed from day one, without needing extra stuff just to explain what should have been in the game to begin with. overall, even if i had some fun, the game was a disappointment, and i dont even feel like touching it again.

lmao, it was pretty clear where entire chapters were excised. Characters would talk about an entire town where some tragedy happened as if the player had seen it happen. Or how about a major villain suddenly being like, a demon or something? I don't know.

D.Final

Banned
I would also say enough with the OTs.

This is a news item dedicated to the new Novels of Final Fantasy XV.
The Dawn of the Future

It would be appropriate to comment on the news, if one is interested in this news.

shark sandwich

It’s almost comical.

Gladio: “okay guys, I have something REALLY IMPORTANT TO DO so I’m just going to leave the party for a while.”

D.Final

Banned
Anyway, all the elements of the story of Final Fantasy XV are really very well taken care of, very good, and really incredible.

All the characters play an important role. They are really very well characterized and well cared for, even in many special aspects.
And it's beautiful.

And even in this the plot of Final Fantasy XV really shines a lot.
Making it
, in fact, one of the best Final Fantasy ever created.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

Anyway, all the elements of the story of Final Fantasy XV are really very well taken care of, very good, and really incredible.

All the characters play an important role. They are really very well characterized and well cared for, even in many special aspects.
And it's beautiful.

And even in this the plot of Final Fantasy XV really shines a lot.
Making it
, in fact, one of the best Final Fantasy ever created.
Sorry OP, but... do you need help? I understand someone feeling a bit attached to the game, it does have some cool stuff, but you are going beyond that, you are being delusional about the quality of this game. I'd say it's better than XIII and XIII-2 and X-2, but still in the list of the worst main entry games. You are just ignoring the numerous flaws of the game, wich are many, and painting this image that the game is perfect, when it's so far from it. I had fun with the game, but it was one of the worst rpg's that i played in the last few years when it comes to storytelling, and even some of the gameplay bits, like how driving was just so automatic and slow, and so, boring. The side quests were also something in wich the game failed, it was basically just fetch quests for the most part, and boring ones at that.

If you think it's ok to neglect all the flaws and try to convince everyone that this is some masterpiece, then it's also ok for me to do the opposite, because in my opinion, no matter what you feel about the game, it fails at most of the things it tries to do

D.Final

Banned
Sorry OP, but... do you need help? I understand someone feeling a bit attached to the game, it does have some cool stuff, but you are going beyond that, you are being delusional about the quality of this game. I'd say it's better than XIII and XIII-2 and X-2, but still in the list of the worst main entry games. You are just ignoring the numerous flaws of the game, wich are many, and painting this image that the game is perfect, when it's so far from it. I had fun with the game, but it was one of the worst rpg's that i played in the last few years when it comes to storytelling, and even some of the gameplay bits, like how driving was just so automatic and slow, and so, boring. The side quests were also something in wich the game failed, it was basically just fetch quests for the most part, and boring ones at that.

If you think it's ok to neglect all the flaws and try to convince everyone that this is some masterpiece, then it's also ok for me to do the opposite, because in my opinion, no matter what you feel about the game, it fails at most of the things it tries to do

I'm not ignoring anything, actually.

I'm just expressing my opinion.

And, for me, Final Fantasy XV is overall one of the best Final Fantasy along with Final Fantasy VI and IX.
(and I have played all the games of the Final Fantasy saga)

Maybe it will not be perfect, but no game is.
Not even a game like, for example, TW3 is perfect.
But, for me, Final Fantasy XV (with its narrative universe) is an overall better experience than a TW3.
(FFXV>>>TW3)

And this is enough for me for consider it one of the masterpiece of this generation.

And it is absolutely not my intention to change the opinions of others.
Everyone has his own, and that's right.

Last edited:

royox

Is this a good moment to remind my fellow FF fans that on April FINALLY Noctis will be on a good Final Fantasy Game??

b0cc213d34946a465a280a7eabadb9ac088bbcbc.png

And will also meet a good Final Fantasy character for the first time!!!!!
BoilingDependableKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom