• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Call of Duty 2014 teaser: no one man should have all that power

kuYuri

Yeah, I haven't heard many good things about the competitive side. But it's free and I know not to judge the overall multiplayer experience off of it. Plus i've heard good things about Extinction.

Yeah, Extinction is great co-op with friends, I vastly prefer it over Zombies. But yeah, the competitive MP is going to be rough for MP newbies.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Anyone whose first CoD will be this one, should know that after the first month, if you go online, mute all mics. Trust me. The experience will be so much better.

Not to burn out the hype, but I get sick of seeing young people wearing CoD clothing. Like every parent buys their kid cod for Christmas. They hog multiplayer, so I just mute chat altogether. It's become the worst part of the FPS MP scene in the last decade. It's an M rated game. Why can't Mature people enjoy it? Without this?

This genre has made me realize that I'm never going to allow my son (if I ever have one) to play this until he's mature enough to play the game.

I'm really surprised by the reaction in this thread. I'm a huge Spacey fan, but I didn't know that a 10 second promo with a celebrity would change COD from 'everything thats wrong with gaming' to 'Day fucking one'. Personally I've never really loved or hated COD, it's just kinda there and it's not going to go away. But people seem to be putting a lot of faith into the story this time, when it was my understanding people only played COD for the multiplayer?

Or I'm reading way too much into this and its just good old fashioned gaming hype.

Anyone whose first CoD will be this one, should know that after the first month, if you go online, mute all mics. Trust me. The experience will be so much better.

Not to burn out the hype, but I get sick of seeing young people wearing CoD clothing. Like every parent buys their kid cod for Christmas. They hog multiplayer, so I just mute chat altogether. It's become the worst part of the FPS MP scene in the last decade. It's an M rated game. Why can't Mature people enjoy it? Without this?

This genre has made me realize that I'm never going to allow my son (if I ever have one) to play this until he's mature enough to play the game.

Uh, it sounds more like you have a thing against kids than them actually playing M rated games. COD is definitely one of the more tamer M rated games out there, especially outside of the singleplayer (which most skip). TBH I find this whole foul mouthed brat stereotype that people buy into kinda weird. Almost no one talks (at least on the Xbox) anymore because there in parties so I think the need to mute everyone is kinda crazy.

The CoD clothing thing I agree on. That always makes me lol.

I'm really surprised by the reaction in this thread. I'm a huge Spacey fan, but I didn't know that a 10 second promo with a celebrity would change COD from 'everything thats wrong with gaming' to 'Day fucking one'. Personally I've never really loved or hated COD, it's just kinda there and it's not going to go away. But people seem to be putting a lot of faith into the story this time, when it was my understanding people only played COD for the multiplayer?

Or I'm reading way too much into this and its just good old fashioned gaming hype.

Pretty sure it's the hype talking making some not so huge improvements look amazing. It looks like any other CoD reveal trailer. All quick cuts, ominous dialogue, and fancy scripted or on rails sequences. And Spacey ain't even that big a deal. Would probably be way more hyped had it did turn out Blacksmith was Idris Elba.

I stopped playing the CoD games after MW3. Not because I didn't like them but because I got burned out on them and they just didn't entertain me anymore. Everything released so far about this game is surprisingly refreshing and has me interested. I will for the first time, in a long time, keep my eyes on CoD.

Dire

I think the reality is that many people are looking for something - anything - to desire. Though the numbers are in decline there are a decent chunk of people that seem content go in a pattern of "Omg... trailer. Day1!!" "Crap this game sucks." "Omg DLC.. Day 1." "Meh..." Omg... trailer for a new version. It fixes everything. Day 1!!"... repeat. CoD could release nothing but a green box as their reveal and at least some percent of people would go ape shit simply because of the mystery of it. This title looks painfully uncreative.

What in the world should we do? We need to make another sequel in 2 years and we've got nothing.
Uhhh.. House of Cards is popular.
Brilliant!!!

I assume Activision expected Titanfall to sell much better and so hopped on the same style before it became a thing. So we end up with the ironic, though I suppose mathematically appropriate scenario of going from Titanfall = Cod + Mechs to Cod = Titanfall - Mechs.

disclaimer - drunk Dire

Top Bottom