• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Century's Episode R screens

Bebpo

Banned
Shouta said:
ACE2 didn't take that long as I recall, maybe ACE1? ACE3 definitely played the best of the original three to me.

Plus, shorter route times makes it easier to play on hard mode a second time.

IIRC ACE1 was about 40 hours, ACE2 around 30, ACE3 was 2 branching paths that were ~12 hours each.

ACE3 definitely played the best, but whereas ACE1/2 were one long complete storyline, ACE3 was like "play the greatest hits episodes from your favorite anime!" where each anime got like 2-3 missions and then the game was over. I did all the paths and got all 50 units and I felt unsatisfied by the amount of content.

Then again since ACE:R looks to be an original story and not just playing out eps from the shows (outside mission 1 of the game), maybe the story will be complete and satisfying even at 12 hour length. Probably about 25-30 missions per route.

Shouta

Well, ACE3 is more of an SRW game in it's approach to the storyline, i.e. mesh up the storylines and add the original on top. I will agree ACE2 was a longer story but honestly, it's a blur because of how long it was and I can't even really recall if the originals in that had a story itself either. :lol

TreIII

The nerve of Play-Asia. They go ahead and delay my Sengoku BASARA 3 order thanks to back-shipping, which then made it impossible for me to place an order for ACE:R under its original price with my 5 dollar coupon! :lol

Ah well, guess that means Yes-Asia (who has the Asian version of ACE:R set at a decent price) will be the way this time around...

TreIII said:
The nerve of Play-Asia. They go ahead and delay my Sengoku BASARA 3 order thanks to back-shipping, which then made it impossible for me to place an order for ACE:R under its original price with my 5 dollar coupon! :lol

I preordered my copy back in late May with NCSX (which is available at their original $86.90 price). I'll have it on Saturday the 21st with USPS priority. I always have bad luck with Play Asia and shipping, which is why I went with NCSX.

Ah well, guess that means Yes-Asia (who has the Asian version of ACE:R set at a decent price) will be the way this time around...

There's an Asian version? I hadn't seen it solicited anywhere.

edit: There it is!
http://www.yesasia.com/us/another-centurys-episode-r-asian-version/1023016789-0-0-0-en/info.html

matmanx1

Ooh so if we paid off our order at the old price we're still locked in for that? I pre-ordered and paid like the day it went up so I should be good, right?

KTallguy

Banned
Shouta said:
Well, ACE3 is more of an SRW game in it's approach to the storyline, i.e. mesh up the storylines and add the original on top. I will agree ACE2 was a longer story but honestly, it's a blur because of how long it was and I can't even really recall if the originals in that had a story itself either. :lol

I'm actually much happier with the story being focused on the individual series instead of the SRW style. Makes you more focused and allows them to design the scenarios around the strengths and weaknesses of each machine.

Vhalyar

Bebpo said:
This is especially weird, since from the start the producer said the amount of content would be a step back from the PS2 games since they were starting fresh. I wonder what they mean here.
Volume as in sound and not as a quantity, I imagine. Better and more sound effects, from guns to enemies to whatever else.

Top Bottom