• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another delay possible for Ubisofts COD killer, Xdefiant?

havoc00

66fU1rA.png

Puscifer

No idea why companies keep trying to "kill cod" you have to go the battlefield route and offer a new alternative altogether. You aren't beating nearly 20 years of refinement, you just aren't.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Every time this "COD killer" or "Halo killer" they always end up killing themselves.

Haze on PS3 suppose to be "Halo killer" and look how that game turned out. Another one is LawBreakers was suppose "Overwatch killer" met the same fate.

Maybe or just maybe just focus on making good game instead of focusing on killing another series?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
The core gunplay and movement in Modern Warfare 3 is brilliant. The map variety is very good as well. This game has no chance to compete with it, but perhaps it’ll find a niche audience.

Yep. COD's in a decent place just now, regardless of what you read on the internet.

havoc00

Loving season 2 so far. Staggering amount of content added. This game doesn't stand a chance.
Yea they fumbled the bag, they should have put this out in like August when people were saying how mw3 was gonna suck, just dlc etc.... MW3 has killed it and doesn't seem to be stopping.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Every time this "COD killer" or "Halo killer" they always end up killing themselves.

Haze on PS3 suppose to be "Halo killer" and look how that game turned out. Another one is LawBreakers was suppose "Overwatch killer" met the same fate.

Maybe or just maybe just focus on making good game instead of focusing on killing another series?
giphy.gif
Resistance and especially Killzone were also Halo killers.

I feel like they've missed their chance with this now. It had a bunch of hype at the tail end of last year and now other games have come out and people are looking forward to other things.

They should have dropped this game around the same time as MWIII, I'm sure it would have been the preferred title and it being free to play would have really helped.

AzekZero

Neo Member
The core gunplay and movement in Modern Warfare 3 is brilliant. The map variety is very good as well. This game has no chance to compete with it, but perhaps it’ll find a niche audience.
I agree! Game might be 13 years old but I have fond memories of MW3 Survival.

I remember the Delta Force AI-squadmates in that mode having great animations and voice acting. Maybe I'll watch a vod and see how it holds up.

havoc00

I feel like they've missed their chance with this now. It had a bunch of hype at the tail end of last year and now other games have come out and people are looking forward to other things.

They should have dropped this game around the same time as MWIII, I'm sure it would have been the preferred title and it being free to play would have really helped.
agreed

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you look at all the big shooter franchises, they all got their own focus.... setting, gameplay style, BR focus or traditional MP modes etc.... I might be missing some, but off the top of my head.....

- COD
- Fortnite
- PUBG
- Apex
- CS
- Overwatch
- Destiny
- RS: Siege

If any shooter game wants to break in, you got to be something different, something people want and high quality. On that list, I only care about COD, but I can respect all the things in other games which are enjoyed by other gamers.

Whats the big differentiator about Xdefinat?

Last edited:
If you look at all the big shooter franchises, they all got their own focus.... setting, gameplay style, BR focus or traditional MP modes etc.... I might be missing some, but off the top of my head.....

- COD
- Fortnite
- PUBG
- Apex
- CS
- Overwatch
- Destiny
- RS: Siege

If any shooter game wants to break in, you got to be something different, something people want and high quality. On that list, I only care about COD, but I can respect all the things in other games which are enjoyed by other gamers.

Whats the big differentiator about Xdefinat?

Cod is shit for competitive arena shooting. I used to love cod just for being chill but not complete bullshit. In the last 6 years the game has turned into an absolute joke in terms of just being an enjoyable mp shooter. I played a few of the betas and had way more fun with xdefiant than I had with a cod since black ops 4.

It basically wants to eat cods lunch from a esports perspective. Cod esports is in a dire situation right now. They have a chance but its slim.

Top Bottom