• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, realistically what will the rest of this tease bring to the big 3?

With the recent rumors of a Switch 2 delay, PlayStation drought until 2025, and possible Xbox (avowed, Indians jones) delays.

Not a whole lot is already announced for the rest of 2024. What are you expecting? Any guesses to big sellers other than COD, Palword (haha), and EAFC?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
"PlayStation drought until 2025"

I thought this is for blockbuster IP sequels.

New IP will still be coming this year?

Is 'tease' a typo in the title?

Nothing could come out the rest of the year (except Erdtree, need that) and I'd have more than enough to play from recent releases. We're not exactly hurting for good games lately...

Last edited:
I think people are expecting too much of Nintendo and they will pivot and have a VERY quiet year and have far fewer 1st party releases and be ready for a big 2025! Both for Switch 2 and cross gen titles for Switch 1 to usher in the end life and pass ps2!

I still wonder if somehow, if Sony quality greenlit HD remasters of sly cooper or jak and Daxter.

The big hit I think is going to be College Football in America. Seems to be low key hype everywhere.

Last edited:
There’s plenty of games coming.
Stellar Blade and Ronin are set to release, we just got Helldivers 2 on PS
Xbox’s got shit coming throughout the year and this is Switch’s twilight year.

The second half of the year is anyones guess, gamings never been better. Relax, it’s all good.
That title though, my brain lol

Give me the new Test Drive some time this year and GTA VI next year and everything is fine.
Ah, and Baby Steps on PS5, that one looked greatly weird :D

eerik9000

"PlayStation drought until 2025"

I thought this is for blockbuster IP sequels.

New IP will still be coming this year?
Yep, it was about no sequels in major first-party franchises releasing in the next fiscal year (April 24 - March 25).

StereoVsn

In no particular order: Infinite Wealth, P3, Tekken 8, DDR2, Unicorn Overlord, Eiyuden Chronicles, FFVII Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Palworld, Rise of the Ronin, and I am not including some of the more interesting Indie/AA games, strategy games/DLC, and forgetting a whole bunch of stuff.

The above is just through April. Frankly who cares what the “Big 3” have at this juncture.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
We'll just play Balatro for a year, it's fine.

But which studio could make these? Insomniac are busy with capeshit, Sucker Punch are busy with GoT2 and I wouldn't trust Naughty Dog to make a good Jak & Daxter game.
I assume it would be outsourced.

For all the Studios Sony has acquired, if you now factor in the ones that are closed or reassigned, they truly don’t have enough first party studios.

Last edited:

Crayon

Tekken and rebirth will have me tied up for a minute. I haven't got to play rebirth yet. :< very little time and I've been using it to try to stay brushed up on Tekken because I let my skills rot for too long before it came out.

Then stellar blade and dd2 will have been out for a minute but the time I get to them.

Idk. At this point it seems like I have enough of a game collection to ruin the rest of my life so I don't spend much time worrying for what's ahead.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It feels like this year was really front-loaded.
There's still plenty to look forward to though:

1. I plan to just keep my base PS5 but if a Pro comes out then many people will upgrade to that
2. Nvidia RTX 5000 series coming out later this year
3. Intel 15th gen cpus and AMD new cpus coming out this fall
4. FF14 Dawntrail coming out this summer
5. The PC version of FF16 later this year
etc...

Varteras

Gold Member
I love how in order to claim a drought in advance for PS, you have to get very specific. "Sony won't be releasing another sequel to one of 7 current major franchises, made by a first-party studio, at $70, releasing on a third Tuesday, featuring a humanoid protagonist, over the next 12 months".

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm already getting crazy amount of quality games this year.....

We are still not done yet.
in-case-you-didnt-know-stellar-blade-is-in-development-by-v0-s031d8uwqwob1.jpg
9c7fa70aa6adb60bb01ab621c331fa18
1708595447-5257-jaquette-avant.jpeg
Game-Page-Box-Art_Shin-Megami-Tensei-5-Vengeance-320x480.jpg

Top Bottom