• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

another nail in the coffin for a joint Microsoft-Nintendo console

GigaDrive

Banned
I think the latest update from IGN on Xbox 2 and Revolution shows us that a joint Microsoft-Nintendo console is not happening. I'd say it's another nail in the coffin for such a thing.

HAHA

:)

Chrono

Banned
Society said:
J Allard seems to be pimping the DS more than Iwata.

Not out of love. Poor man has to. Or else...

reggie_hulk.jpg

reggie will kick his ass and take his name!

THE REGGIELUTION-- NEVER FORGET!

arter_2

honestly i could see the DS being up microsofst ally. imagine a cartridge add on that has window pocket pc edition on it turning ur DS into a true Pocket pc. lol

Chrono

Banned
arter_2 said:
honestly i could see the DS being up microsofst ally. imagine a cartridge add on that has window pocket pc edition on it turning ur DS into a true Pocket pc. lol

Microsoft is planning world domination. or something like that. I don't think they want to support the DS "too much" if xbox 2 is successfull and they start planning a hand held of their own.

arter_2

Chrono said:
Microsoft is planning world domination. or something like that. I don't think they want to support the DS "too much" if xbox 2 is successfull and they start planning a hand held of their own.

they may want to own the world, but all they really want is to have a full strong hold on the os market hell the xbox wouldnt have been around if nintendo just allowed the gamecube to run off a microsoft OS like the dreamcast

Kon Tiki

Banned
No need. Nintendo propriety OS is more stable than any version of windows. Which is what specialized software/os should be.

Society said:
No need. Nintendo propriety OS is more stable than any version of windows. Which is what specialized software/os should be.

Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.

Kon Tiki

Banned
God's Hand said:
Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.

If you stop thinking about yesterday and focus on my post, maybe it will make sense.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Giga/cellapu, you've really gone out of your way to rain on the joint MS-Nintendo console angle, yet had this to say in a recent thread:

GigaDrive said:
yeah, I would go with a Microsoft standard over a Sony standard any fucking day. standard ethernet, good graphics quality, awesome audio, 4 controller ports.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a MS standard basically mean that the likes of Nintendo would be making games for that hardware standard, arriving at the same outcome you've done so much to debunk elsewhere ?

Wanna try and keep your story straight? Thanks. :)

jarrod

Banned
kaching said:
Giga/cellapu, you've really gone out of your way to rain on the joint MS-Nintendo console angle, yet had this to say in a recent thread:

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a MS standard basically mean that the likes of Nintendo would be making games for that hardware standard, arriving at the same outcome you've done so much to debunk elsewhere ?

Wanna try and keep your story straight? Thanks. :)
Who's to say Nintendo would commit to a Microsoft standard though (or a Sony one for that matter) rather than drop out of consoles entirely? Besides, stop picking on Cellapu... he's one of the best posters around here. :)

Azih

God's Hand said:
Gahaha, that was A+.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm sure cellapu thanks you for sorting out his story for him, jarrod. :)

He used to be one of my favorite posters around here too, but he's been getting erratic of late.

GigaDrive

Banned
kaching, I was speaking of a Sony standard vs a Microsoft standard, thinking far into the future, if we ever have a standard console. I merely thought Microsoft would provide a better quality standard for software development and software applications (besides gaming) than Sony. yes, I suppose Nintendo would develop for that standard too.

that is to say nothing of the upcoming generation, in which it is much better to have 3 competitors than 2. the idea of a Nintendo-Microsoft console is just silly, not to mention disturbing. of course it is not going to happen.

I am sorry if you think I contradicted myself. I don't think I did. :)

Top Bottom