• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Weiner sexted with 15 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
ctrl+f "Democrat"- no results

I knew he was a democrat because If he were a republican this thread's posters would definitely be bringing that up.

Republicans are typically anti-reason, not accused ephebophiles with repeat offenses at sexting.

Why would political party play a role here?

acohrs

fucked your life up once? Dust yourself off and try again.
fucked your life up twice? A bit harder but you can still maybe make something of your life.
fucked your life up thrice? Move to Alaska and live with the bears.

BouncyFrag

book-special-hell.png

acohrs

Or maybe he's just that much of a shithead. Not everything needs to be pathologized.

dunno, might have been a little shithead like Georgie Peorgie in that nursery rhyme:

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie,
kissed the girls and made them cry,
when the boys came out to play,
georgie porgie, ran away.

now a version I made for anthony:

Anthony Wanthony, idiot guy
took his mickey out and made the girls cry
when the police came to arrest,
anthony wanthony, took his mickey out again in protest!

*Splinter

I knew he was a democrat because If he were a republican this thread's posters would definitely be bringing that up.
So surely you should have searched "Republican"? ;)

Of course, I'm being facetious because your post is shit. You came into a thread about a public figure (a Democrat public figure) grooming a minor, and felt the need to complain about Republicans being "victimised" in other threads.

Life imitates art. There was a Law and Order SVU episode a few seasons ago that played on Weiner but added the twist where the Weiner-analog was sexting a 15 year old girl...

BriGuy

He hasn't served for years and got smacked down pretty soundly the last time he tried to run. His political affiliation at this point is about as relevant as the political affiliations of the pedophiles who live in tent cities outside the borders of civilization (where he should be moving soon).

Breads

Banned
Yeah that whole schtick about his name isn't going to soften the landing for him. This is no longer a fucking joke. Investigate his ass and if this is true he needs to be removed from society at large or at the very least the internet. He is a disgusting creep.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The Weiner documentary is pretty good. He's a man completely beholden to his urges. For better or worse. Mostly worse. There are some parts where you see him basically realising his problem (and I don't mean his crocodile tears over the sexting) and possessing the self-awareness to know where to improve. But he just can't do it. Part of what made him so well liked as a politician and what he appeared to enjoy most about politics was part and parcel with this indulgence.

I think the defeat in the mayoral primary and the loss of his amazing wife has left him with nothing to hold back his urges.

TheContact

This guy is a mess. Has zero concern for his family or that girl. His apology was bs too. He's sorry he got caught again.

Foffy

Banned
The Weiner documentary is pretty good. He's a man completely beholden to his urges. For better or worse. Mostly worse. There are some parts where you see him basically realising his problem (and I don't mean his crocodile tears over the sexting) and possessing the self-awareness to know where to improve. But he just can't do it. Part of what made him so well liked as a politician and what he appeared to enjoy most about politics was part and parcel with this indulgence.

I think the defeat in the mayoral primary and the loss of his amazing wife has left him with nothing to hold back his urges.

Did he admit he needed help in the documentary? I know our culture has a sickness with rugged individualism, but it's awfully clear to see the man has vices that have ruined his life. Especially with being a repeat offender for what's essentially the exact same thing on more than one occasion.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Did he admit he needed help in the documentary? I know our culture has a sickness with rugged individualism, but it's awfully clear to see the man has vices that have ruined his life. Especially with being a repeat offender for what's essentially the exact same thing on more than one occasion.

IIRC he explicitly denies having an addiction but implicitly admits that he can't control his urges (not just sexual urges). Basically he's too weak to try and help himself.

15 is legal in many/most European nations (Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, etc), so that's not really that distressing to me.

The rape fantasies, however, are much more unsettling. I don't think he needs jail time, but a good shrink would go a long way.

15 is legal in many/most European nations (Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, etc), so that's not really that distressing to me.

The rape fantasies, however, are much more unsettling. I don't think he needs jail time, but a good shrink would go a long way.

Even if 15 is legal the fact there's a 37 year old difference should be distressing to anybody. Particularly when one of them is still a decade until their full mental capacities are developed.

Those age of consent laws are created so as not to criminalise two 15 year olds going at it. I think you would find that citizens in those countries listed would be distressed over the idea of a 51 year old man trying to have sex with a 15 year old.

I used to think he was just a horny idiot who threw away his career for no reason, but at this point it seems like he actually has some kind of frontal lobe deficit.

CHC

Gah, Weiner, get it together man.

Recently watched the documentary. It's actually pretty sad how he has this side to him and it has sunk him so badly. Watching him campaign and interact with people is pretty enjoyable - he has a certain charisma and cutting wit that a lot of politicians don't. He seems like he could actually be a cool guy but he just has no impulse control whatsoever. It's disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom