• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antichamber: A reason to say 'non-euclidean'

antichamber-logo1.png

Anti-chamber website

Giant Bomb Quick Look

It's out! $15 on Steam.

Antichamber is a game where you look at stuff and you think it's stuff but then you try to do stuff with it and realize it's actually different stuff.

Destructoid - 8.5

Polygon - 9

Gamespot - 8.5

I think it could possibly melt faces and minds. Can't wait to play this tomorrow, has been a LONG time coming.
Asked on the steam thread if someone was starting an OT, no one replied.

Misguided

Banned
Hyped as fuck, but don't watch the Quick look, as I hear it spoils a lot of the puzzles, and that's the point of the game.

gbrewski

I played this at PAX last year for like half an hour. Totally mind-bending and the developer was completely zany but super nice. He wore a pink suit, and made me solve a riddle before I left. Really looking forward to this!

pyrandes

Looking forward to wrapping my brain around these puzzles. Ive been awaiting its release since the past few times Ive saw it at PAXs and love the style being presented.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Looking forward to playing this at last, it's been so many years since it was announced that it was one of those games I ended up completely forgetting.

Gonna tag team this one with Proteus over the weekend. Antichamber until it drives me insane, and then Proteus as a tranquilizer.

Wok

I think it could possibly melt faces and minds. Can't wait to play this tomorrow, has been a LONG time coming.
Asked on the steam thread if someone was starting an OT, no one replied.

I answered. The thing is to make an OT, you need to spend some time with the artworks first.

As a maths nerd I've been interested in this for a while. Do we know the price?

My guess is $20.

Aleph

For anyone who is interested: there's a demo version of this game (back when it was called Hazard: The Journey of Life) which features one of the puzzles shown on the last trailer (and more). You can get it here.

Played this game at PAX and to be honest... the puzzles were good.

But the whole moral line spewing platitudes the game forces on me made me want to die.
Perhaps I am alone in this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wut? steam says this unlocks in 5 hours and i see no price tag!? Is it free?

Zia

Alexander Bruce has worked on this for a very long time, and has a very high estimation of it. I think the price isn't announced yet because it's going to be kind of high (I'm guessing $15).

$15 would be the sweet spot for me. No idea how long it is though, any higher I'd need a demo.

|OT|s for indie games seem kinda silly when there is already discussion happening here, might as well use this thread given that the only different is "|OT|" and a bunch of wikipedia copy/paste

Super biased since I work w/ Indie Fund and we put a bit of money behind it... but this game is really worth a download.

I think it's an amazing piece of creative and technical work... plus it's the best kind of mindfuck you could ask for.

Just don't try to play it right after you wake up. Or on acid.

Haunted

$15 would be the sweet spot for me. No idea how long it is though, any higher I'd need a demo.

|OT|s for indie games seem kinda silly when there is already discussion happening here, might as well use this thread given that the only different is "|OT|" and a bunch of wikipedia copy/paste
This is the OT as far as I'm concerned.

Has all the relevant information: name, banner, media, release date.

atomsk

Party Pooper
it's odd that even the twitter/fb won't say anything about the price

Steam will say the price when it goes live in a few hours

There are reasons that it was held off, and it's not just because "shhhh it's a secret!". But, like the many decisions that go into making a game, it is what it is at this stage.

I'm aware that it frustrated some people, but at the same time, people will find out what it ends up costing in only a few hours and can then make their purchase decision then.

about an hour till we find out I guess

Top Bottom