• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

https://konami.com/games/corporate/en/news/release/20170919/?cm_sp=01-_-release-_-20170919-e

press release

02.png
03.png

VR screenshots
04.png
05.png

https://www.konami.com/games/zoe_mars/en/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79qbcayOMw

- 4K graphics
- HDR support
- Redone post-processing effects
- Dolby Atmos
- Full VR support
- PSVR
- SteamVR

Conflicted on this. One of my favorite games ever made, yet Konami will profit off this.

Kuraudo

Banned
Hopefully it includes the second game. First one was okay as an early PS2 game, but I couldn't see myself replaying it now. Second Runner was sublime though.

duckroll

Seem like a departure from the norm for Cygames?

I know them from Shadowverse

They make a gazilllion dollars every year from mobile stuff and can't spend it enough so they have been aggressively expanding. They opened a console development studio in Osaka to focus on PS4 titles a while back, they are funding Platinum Games stuff, they are funding Matsuno, they are bankrolling anime, and they even opened their own anime studio last year and the first original project out of that is the upcoming Blade Runner 2022 short film directed by the director of Cowboy Bebop. They are also sponsoring Juventus FC now.

FinalAres

It says complete VR support, is it VR only?

I'd be down for just ZOE2 remastered (for now...) as long as I could play it without VR.

valkyre

Lol being a fan of that game and thinking how it would play in VR....

lmao lets just say this has a high chance of being the champion of vomit comets...

i-Jest

Well if I ever needed a chance to forge a future for ZoE, then this will be day/week 1 purchase for me. I'm not Konami's biggest fan, but I love some of their IP's and will put aside my ego to support ZoE and Suikoden.

Ludens

Banned
Anyway if it's only the second game, I hope it will support normal controls and it won't cost 40€, since it's basically a port with VR support.

Kuraudo

Banned
Boss★Moogle;249292365 said:
Uhh... ANUBIS is the second game.

Haha, I did actually think that but then was like "no that's the Second Runner". Forgot it had a different name in Japan.

CamHostage

The 2nd Runner only I guess. The Japanese title of The 2nd Runner is 'Anubis: Zone of the Enders'.

As it should be; nobody will ever play the first game again if they don't have to, it's a nice relic but just YT the cutscenes rather than slogging through it. I'd rather they took the time saved on not doing ZoE 1 (which they weren't doing either way) to make me that forgotten Vita version of ZoE HD, but that's a wasted wish... at least the VR mode is a nice hack-in effort (though it's bound to make everybody sick.

ZeroD

Again that horrible song... Why can't ZOE just die already?

The last full sequel in this series came out over ten years ago if I recall correctly. And this is just a remaster with VR.

I have no idea why you're acting like this is some sort of yearly franchise.

ffvorax

VR mode? Sold! :O

Love the ZOE series, if the VR mode is good enough I will buy it for sure. I usually don't buy remaster.

Top Bottom