• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

Rymuth

We need to establish what constitutes a "megaton" around here...

How is this a "megaton"?? Its a 16 year old release... it was 2001 and 2003... and its just a remastered version of an already remastered 2012 version...barely news to most people.
Megatons tend to be something so far out of left field that nobody would've considered it.

Seaman port that's XBO exclusive could be labeled as a megaton.

valkyre

Because he think its one?Whats the problem here.

There is no "problem" its just an observation. I see that megaton word being thrown around a lot lately.

Of course and everyone can think its a megaton and consequently I can make an observation that I find it a bit too much.

Carry on.

Megatons tend to be something so far out of left field that nobody would've considered it.

I dont think I agree with this. Bringing over a 16 year old franchise (that has already been remastered recently) or for that matter a feature can barely be considered Megaton. If you bring say Spiderman on XBOX or Gears 4 on PS4, then yeah that indeed is megaton.

As I see it Megaton should be something a ton of people salivate about. Those 16 year old re releases dont mean much to 99% of gamers out there.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

How is this a "megaton"?? Its a 16 year old release... it was 2001 and 2003... and its just a remastered version of an already remastered 2012 version...barely news to most people.
It's a megaton to me. I love some of the Enders 2

That would be a console seller for me.

ZoE2 remake!

But.. Konami...

But 4K60, VR and on PC!

But Cygames has only ever done Gatcha and Card Games...

I feel so conflicted!!

I feel the same way. Especially knowing how they treated their employees.

Jarmel

Banned
That VR mode seems like a super easy way to get motion sickness.

Is this a complete remake or something like just upgrading textures sort of remake?

It's worth remembering that the original "megaton" was Naruto for the Gamecube.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wait it's coming to Steam too? OMG YES! I'm so happy. ;_;

Edit: Wait, does it have VR support on PC? If not then I take that back. Still might pick it up eventually though.

If it's not a cheap, rushed hack job like Konami are known for with, remasters, and it get a physical release so I can pick it up second hand and not give those cunts anymore money, I'll be getting this.

sensui-tomo

I think I need this image fixed to be in 4k
2686594-0885355779-ZoE-J.jpg

Loudninja

Some details
A virtual reality version of Konami's Zone of the Enders is on the way. Announced during Sony's Tokyo Game Show briefing, as reported by Japanese gaming outlet Famitsu, Anubis Zone of the Enders Mars is a remake of Zone of the Enders 2 that will have "enhanced graphics," support for 4K resolution, and is playable in VR.

It also has new sound design, including "next-gen surround sound" and Konami describes it as a way to "relive the odyssey from a new perspective." Players can also look forward to "brand new features," though these were not specifically detailed detailed.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/zone-of-the-enders-vr-announced-for-ps4-and-pc-inc/1100-6453424/

I'm down with this. I could never get myself to commit to spending so much on the PS3 remake when I had the original ps2 version and could just emulate it on my PC. It didn't feel like a worthwhile upgrade. There's no way they can botch it with the power of the PS4

BasilZero

Awesome news, they should remaster the first one...(I know they did last gen but come on, it wasnt that good from what I heard).

CEJames

Hahaha...I just bought the PS3 HD Collection a little while ago and blew through that. I could live without the 4k edition(maybe.....) but VR? Guess I'm triple dipping. Oh God.

Top Bottom