• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

Pastry

Banned
Adored the first game when it came out but never got to play the second. It seems like everyon is saying the first was forgettable, is it just just nostalgia that makes me think it was great?

Will definitely play this!

Guymelef

Adored the first game when it came out but never got to play the second. It seems like everyon is saying the first was forgettable, is it just just nostalgia that makes me think it was great?

ZOE is a 6, ZOE 2 a 10.

Shifty

Fuck Konami regardless, but damn I'm so happy about this. Another GOAT making its way to my favourite platform.

Y'all talking about zero shift

I'm thinking about the Vector Cannon

LIFE RING HAS STARTED REVOLVING

Quick, someone remember the whole thing, it's been too long for me.

Shift to vector cannon mode
All energy lines connected
Landing gear and climbing irons locked
Inner chamber pressure rising normally
Life ring has started revolving

Ready to fire

MMM. It's giving me shivers just thinking about it, seeing that in VR with some sort of sweet-ass holographic HUD is going to be mental.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://konami.com/games/corporate/en/news/release/20170919/?cm_sp=01-_-release-_-20170919-e

press release
KONAMI is proud to announce that it will be releasing “ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS: M∀RS”, a remastered version of “ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS” that supports 4K/VR.

Based on the PlaySation®3 version of “ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS”, this title is a bold remastering of the original game’s graphics and audio, and includes a ton of VR content. The game’s distinctive visual beauty is maintained, while building in 4K resolution for all textures. The audio has also been remastered to conform to next-generation formats, enabling heavy-hitting 3D sound that puts the player in the middle of the action. This title is being developed through a partnership between KONAMI and Cygames.

At Tokyo Game Show 2017, which will be held from September 21 to 24, KONAMI will set up a gaming corner where “ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS: M∀RS” will be available to play ahead of its official release. Players will be able to enjoy the game’s VR mode in a special arcade-style unit that simulates a cockpit. Please visit the game’s official site for more information.

KONAMI will continue its efforts to offer the most entertaining products and services on all manner of devices.

02.png
03.png

VR screenshots
04.png
05.png

Shift to vector cannon mode
All energy lines connected
Landing gear and climbing irons locked
Inner chamber pressure rising normally
Life ring has started revolving

Ready to fire

MMM. It's giving me shivers just thinking about it, seeing that in VR with some sort of sweet-ass holographic HUD is going to be mental.

Yes! Thank you, that took me back. Best game weapon ever. The airships set-piece!

XaosWolf

I'm happy even if it is just 2 cos I didn't get round to playing the second one back in the day despite enjoying ZOE 1.

FinalAres

Never played a ZOE game. Will i be confused with the story if i skip the first one and jump straight to this?

Nope, two separate stories. Man ZoE2 is a legitimate straight up classic. Shame there's no ZoE but tbh I can live with the second one. Hope it sells well so we could get ZoE3!

Someone hold me, first Secret of Mana and now ZoE2 remade and on PC, I can't take this much, whatever cosmic event made this possible, thank you so much! :D

I don't have a VR device nor money to buy one but this won't stop me, I'll still buy and play the hell out of this on PC!

CyGames I truly thank you! Now if you somehow could manage to get Konami to revive the ZoE3 project you would be the greatest people and company of all time. I know Kojima is no more but when I see the CyGames, I trust them that they could make a decent ZoE3!

Shifty

I'm happy even if it is just 2 cos I didn't get round to playing the second one back in the day despite enjoying ZOE 1.

1 is pretty irrelevant imo. My main takeaway from it relative to 2 is "Anubis is bad and super powerful m'kay".
If you enjoyed that then 2 will make the top of your head come off.

It'd be really cool if they redid 1 with the mechanics and systems of 2 though, I'd definitely give it a replay if that were the case.

J-Skee

TIL that the PS4 supports Dolby Atmos. I really need to upgrade my home theater.

Also, can't say I'm mad about the first game not being part of this. I tried to play the remaster, but I fell asleep every single time. Heard the second is MUCH better.

Drakhyrr

And I've just purchased the HD Collection for PS3...

Eh, it's only the second so I will just stay with that for now. Perhaps later in a price drop if I like it as much as GAF seems to.

Shin-Ra

Third manifestation of ZoE2
2013 → 2003
The 2012 (version 1.00) release of the ZOE Collection stood as a monumental example of a shitty remaster, downgrading many of the original PS2 version's visual effects.

And the audio paragraph just cuts off.

CHC

If it's only Zone of the Enders II then I'm kind of relieved that they are calling it something that doesn't end in a number.

I don't know why but unless it's a series like Final Fantasy or something, having only a numbered sequel in my collection gives me, like.... anxiety. I mean, I'm nuts, but just seeing "ZoE II" on Steam without the first next to it would kind of bug me.

MaDKaT

So excited about this. Can finally play the game with proper inverted controls instead of using a custom profile via PCSX2 lol.

Curious to see more VR footage, I wonder if it'll even feel like the same game at all. (The thought of playing regular, full speed & mobility ZoE in VR is hilarious, it'd straight-up kill you.)

Dali

I think youre confusing your impressions of the first one with the feeling you got playing the mgs 2 demo that came with it. The original was pretty forgettable.

robotrock

Banned
Curious to see more VR footage, I wonder if it'll even feel like the same game at all. (The thought of playing regular, full speed & mobility ZoE in VR is hilarious, it'd straight-up kill you.)

I don't think it would kill you. It's a cockpit view, the sense of being still in something that's moving will probably help. Games like Red Out go real fast in VR without too many issues.

Tizoc

2013 → 2003
The 2012 (version 1.00) release of the ZOE Collection stood as a monumental example of a shitty remaster, downgrading many of the original PS2 version's visual effects.

And the audio paragraph just cuts off.
9ca7a3866f33c210e52ce3cc48202a40109d28eb_full.jpg

muteki

ZOE2 is fast.....like really fast. How's that gonna work in VR!? High speed robot action!

If anything Zero Shift will probably make it easier for people. Other games that use teleportation to move around in VR are basically Zero Shifting.

Never played a ZOE game. Will i be confused with the story if i skip the first one and jump straight to this?

There isn't really a whole lot going on in the first game story wise, compared to the second. A summary should be fine.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So is the game acknowledging the fact that the cockpits are located in the crotch of the Frames and not the heads in the VR mode?

daveo42

Banned
Man...I really hope Konami doesn't fuck this up. This could easily end up the same as the Silent Hill HD collection or the ZoE HD Remaster.

Top Bottom