• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

M∀RS, eh?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just yesterday morning I was thinking about how terrible the dub for ZOE2 is. It would be nice if they included the Japanese VA in this.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
https://konami.com/games/corporate/en/news/release/20170919/?cm_sp=01-_-release-_-20170919-e

press release

02.png
03.png

VR screenshots
04.png
05.png

Ew. Looks like they ran everything through a sharpening filter

gcubed

I can't imagine how you can make a ZoE in VR without having people vomit.

That being said, I'll have a trash can next to me to play this.

Tain

If I remember right, ZoE2 was framerate-locked. It ran at 60fps, but framerate drops were handled by the game going into slow motion.

I'm expecting the VR implementation of this on PC to be similar to Rez, where most of the objects in the world update at 60hz but the game renders at 90hz. I hope I'm wrong and they make the game run at arbitrary framerates.

Izuna

Banned
If I remember right, ZoE2 was framerate-locked. It ran at 60fps, but framerate drops were handled by the game going into slow motion.

I'm expecting the VR implementation of this on PC to be similar to Rez, where most of the objects in the world update at 60hz but the game renders at 90hz. I hope I'm wrong and they make the game run at arbitrary framerates.

Man Rez at 60 was almost unplayable for me

FiveSide

Banned
This is unexpected but awesome! 2nd Runner is one of the best mecha games of all time, and in VR?! This is going to be the new killer app for me now that I've finished RE7.

Some other nice announcements coming out of TGS, but this is the megaton for me. Can't wait!

Kysen

Gonna be weird when Jehuty does all those acrobatics(grab spin attack/zero shift) while you sit in a static cockpit. Either they allow you to move along with the mech or they have to limit it.

Y'all talking about zero shift

I'm thinking about the Vector Cannon

LIFE RING HAS STARTED REVOLVING

Quick, someone remember the whole thing, it's been too long for me.

You need to forget now , so that when you'll play it again you'll be ... "oh wait ..this feelign of bliss "

∀ Narayan;249311397 said:
M∀RS, eh?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just yesterday morning I was thinking about how terrible the dub for ZOE2 is. It would be nice if they included the Japanese VA in this.

I was hoping it would get relocaized and with a new dub. Oh well.

I don't see how ZOE will play well in VR. It'll either be too fast and make people barf or they'll slow it down and ruin it. The first person view seems like a bad idea too. Jehuty's cockpit swings and flops around all over the place when you're fighting.

They make a gazilllion dollars every year from mobile stuff and can't spend it enough so they have been aggressively expanding. They opened a console development studio in Osaka to focus on PS4 titles a while back, they are funding Platinum Games stuff, they are funding Matsuno, they are bankrolling anime, and they even opened their own anime studio last year and the first original project out of that is the upcoming Blade Runner 2022 short film directed by the director of Cowboy Bebop. They are also sponsoring Juventus FC now.
Damn theyre theyre funding Plat and the BD short? I mean i already knew about Juve but this is new stuff for me. Hope they can build a good animation team and a good PS4 team.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This is actually one of the coolest ideas for a remaster ive seen yet. ZOE2 had rather simplistic gameplay wrapped up in a bunch of awesome animations and flashy scenarios.

This should be bad ass.

muteki

This is sort of the "<blank> in VR" idea that got me excited about the technology in the first place, that we also haven't seen much of (or just half steps and non-committals) before. Hope it is awesome, does well, and we see some other titles get the same treatment.

Mikey Jr.

Jesus, it looks so....clean.

Never played ZOE 1 or 2.

I am definitely in.

Do I have to play 1 first though? How does that work?

grendelrt

Is this the first Dolby Atmos game on consoles? I know BF1 and Battlefront had Atmos on PC, but I dont remember seeing a console game with Atmos support.

Top Bottom