• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANUBIS Zone of the Enders: MRS announced for PS4/Steam (CyGames ZoE2 remake, 4K, VR)

Anyone know if Hexadrive is involved again? or is this a different port of "older" the ps3 version

Nothing yet indicates they are.

Fine with that tho. Rez Infinite turned out fine without Hexadrive (who developed Rez HD), so hopefully there's a similar success story here.

majik13

I think of the crazy rotations the Jeuthy does during the melee fights, and can't think how could I possibly survive seeing that from inside the cockpit. That, the dashes, and most of all the damn zero shift.

Id guess that they would alter this stuff for VR, maybe slow things down, remove spins from certain attacks, etc. Unless they have already shown or said otherwise. Basically how RE7 handles this stuff for VR

emiliano

Id guess that they would alter this stuff for VR, maybe slow things down, remove spins from certain attacks, etc. Unless they have already shown or said otherwise. Basically how RE7 handles this stuff for VR

I think that the game would be great even in VR using the 3rd view perspective, the furious speed of the gameplay would remain 100% intact in this way, if not better. If the developer considers to add the option, that would be great.

RevenWolf

giphy.gif

ZOE2 is probably my favourite ps2 game of all time, the fact this is coming and has VR support is amazing.

I do wonder how VR controls will work though. Jehuty moves really fast especially with the melee swings and tosses.

If this is not Native 4K on PS4 Pro then I will be really disappointed. It is still a PS2 game whiel PS4 Pro can run Remastered PS3 games in native 4K and even current-gen AAA.
More disappointment if they don't include both games.

So Konami without Kojima is recycling his old games, MGS3 Pachinko, ZOE, MGS Survive or using his Fox Engine for PES. So basically Kojima made Konami and Konami is still living on his achievements.

FinalAres

So Konami without Kojima is recycling his old games, MGS3 Pachinko, ZOE, MGS Survive or using his Fox Engine for PES. So basically Kojima made Konami and Konami is still living on his achievements.
I mean re releases are just a thing. And far be it for me to defend Konami, but it's not as if Kojima made these games on his own. He's the vision but not the graft.

I mean re releases are just a thing. And far be it for me to defend Konami, but it's not as if Kojima made these games on his own. He's the vision but not the graft.

ZoE really isn't even his vision. The original games concept came from Noriaki Okamura (he also directed it). ZoE2 is Shuyo Murata's vision. He'd later basically become Kojima's right-hand man at KojiPro, but he's seemingly vanished after Kojima's firing. The last activity on his account was a Kojima retweet in 2015.

I mean Kojima Productions as a whole not just him. Him and his team that left Konami and works with him now.

SomTervo

Lol being a fan of that game and thinking how it would play in VR....

lmao lets just say this has a high chance of being the champion of vomit comets...

If you're in a cockpit (lol) there is no motion sickness whatsoever in VR. It'll be fine.

poodaddy

Fuck me is this bought!

FUCK ME IS THIS BOUGHT!!!!

It's fucking bought though seriously. I'm more than a bit excited.

Mathieran

Banned
I'll keep my eye on this, interested for psvr. Never played ZoE before but I am aware of its reputation. Sounds good though. I would love to see more older games getting remade for VR.

Top Bottom