• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Black Ops 2 Wii U Reviews or Impressions?

alterno69

Banned
They don't let you play splitscreen online multiplayer on Xbox 360 and PS3, so I doubt they'd do it with Wii U's splitscreen equivalent.
Don't missinform people please, i played split screen online on PS3 yesterday night without problems, i'm sure it's also possible on the 360.

Huff

Banned
It's nice to see Wii U version looking rather good. Hmm, should I pick up a Wii U?

Also...a lot of douches here. :(

just to play bo2? no

it's pretty obvious that majority of the fanbase is on the 360 and that is the version that is going to be the best to play and get the dlc first.

If you do get a wiiu, I'm sure it's playable

I read it like 'you can't get impressions we don't have codes' which just seemed...IDK, I want to say arrogant but that'll come across as insulting. He was being a bit silly.

I am a bit annoyed at the press for an odd on going trend that somehow they are doing something for us. Were not important and were not somehow important. We are - if they don't have the content their going to be ignored.

I'm still yet to see Polygon's USP compared to other sites. I want them to do well but for the good stuff they do theres a lot of what can only be called incompetence.

Plus the ongoing lack of information and laziness in regards to learning/finding things out.
Am not going to read stuff that isn't informative.

I don't understand most of it but yeah it irritates me. Its a sort of 'were the press' and everyone else is either a negative thing or unimportant.

Some sites are trying to engage more though; and at least pass on information.

It's nice to see Wii U version looking rather good. Hmm, should I pick up a Wii U?

Meh - if other games are calling you and you think you'll buy it in like the next year - might as well. Otherwise get it for another system.

Its a good port and runs very well. On par with 360 but we'll probably get breakdowns later.

Don't missinform people please, i played split screen online on PS3 yesterday night without problems, i'm sure it's also possible on the 360.

Right yeah thanks. I knew it was in COD4 and couldn't remember about MW2.

Played a few Multiplayer matches, seems totally fine. The framerate maybe seems a little less solid than 360, but still good for the most part. But yeah, it is a totally fine version of Black Ops 2.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think he ever claimed *he* doesn't have a Wii U. He said he was too busy and that most of his staff does not yet have Wii U systems.

he just reviewed zombiU. think he probably has a wii u.

And i don't think it's activision's fault that mail is usually not delivered on sundays.

how many people are playing now?

thought there would be tons of people playing, hmmmmmmmm might want to return it to newegg since i have the xbox 360 version but i bought it mainly for dat bed so i hope more people get it :D

beje

Banned
I don't think he ever claimed *he* doesn't have a Wii U. He said he was too busy and that most of his staff does not yet have Wii U systems.

Well the point is, he *does* have a WiiU and he could go out and buy the game for reviewing/livestreaming/whatever yet he'd rather wait for the free stuff from the publisher instead of moving their ass in order of providing his audience with the stuff they want. Way to reboot games """journalism""", behaving exactly like all the dorito'd sites do, then people wonder why we put so many quotation marks over the word.

firen

just to play bo2? no

it's pretty obvious that majority of the fanbase is on the 360 and that is the version that is going to be the best to play and get the dlc first.

If you do get a wiiu, I'm sure it's playable

I guess I was thinking more for my family and I thought that BO2, Mario and Zombie U might be enough for me but I think i'll just hold off. I was just thinking if there's anything else in the near future that I'm excited and willing to buy a $300 console for but can't justify it just yet. Also, seems as though The Verge didn't like it from a hardware quality standpoint.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well the point is, he *does* have a WiiU and he could go out and buy the game for reviewing/livestreaming/whatever yet he'd rather wait for the free stuff from the publisher instead of moving their ass in order of providing his audience with the stuff they want. Way to reboot games """journalism""", behaving exactly like all the dorito'd sites do, then people wonder why we put so many quotation marks over the word.

His comment in this thread was completely unwarranted and came off as arrogant to me, but demanding that he personally go out and purchase the game and livestream it is kind of ridiculous, as is this "gotcha!" stuff with his owning a Wii U system. Going a bit into crazy territory.

I don't care what he or Polygon choose to do. The only thing that bothered me is that the guy seemed to think that we should care about his site and that we shouldn't expect coverage of a released game until the publisher's PR department decides to give out free copies to gaming sites.

I've seen more of multi than singleplayer, but SP ran pretty well too, for what I saw.

Finding a match was quick too, seems there's a community on Wii U.

Awesome thanks for the impressions.
Pretty much everything needed for WiiU to be a valid platform for that game.

Lingitiz

His comment in this thread was completely unwarranted and came off as arrogant to me, but demanding that he personally go out and purchase the game and livestream it is kind of ridiculous, as is this "gotcha!" stuff with his owning a Wii U system. Going a bit into crazy territory.

I don't care what he or Polygon choose to do. The only thing that bothered me is that the guy seemed to think that we should care about his site and that we shouldn't expect coverage of a released game until the publisher's PR department decides to give out free copies to gaming sites.
Agreed. Yeah it reflects poorly on them, but I think it's understandable that they would wait for a review copy for a game that's already been released on multiple platforms. I personally like how Giant Bomb goes out and picks stuff up on release day if they don't get sent stuff, but sites do things differently, for better or worse.

I know people like to pile on games media lately, but cmon.

Huff

Banned
Awesome thanks for the impressions.
Pretty much everything needed for WiiU to be a valid platform for that game.

The wii was a valid platform for these games and perfectly playable (possibly a better control method depending on opinions).

The wiiu will be a perfectly valid way to play this game with most likely a decent community.

the 360 version and then the 720 will always be the best version however.

Margalis

Banned

Why wouldn't Polygon foot the whopping $60 bill?

I don't understand. If you have a job and need tools to do the job either you or your employer should provide them.

If your job is to write for a video game site you should probably not have less access to games than a normal consumer...

DigitalOp

Banned

Actually I was reading this thread earlier and then found my self watching the Giantbomb stream (still watching actually)

I just so happened to catch his username on the friends list, and his mii had a bald head which confirmed it...
I wasn't looking for it but it just so happened to be right in my face as coincidence lol

It was one of those "ohoho I gotta post this on GAF" moments lol ha

I do realize I contributed to ruining this thread tho, Ill take some blame :/ :p

BrettHD

Banned
I've played all the COD games on 360.
Going from the stick/face button layout of
the 360's pad to the Wii U pad or Pro controller
is awkward as hell.
I will get used to it eventually but right now
it feels clumsy playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U.

I've played all the COD games on 360.
Going from the stick/face button layout of
the 360's pad to the Wii U pad or Pro controller
is awkward as hell.
I will get used to it eventually but right now
it feels clumsy playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U.

thats what i am worried about.

do you feel playing with the gamepad will be good in the end?

I have heard the wiimote controls are good on COD.

netBuff

Why wouldn't Polygon foot the whopping $60 bill?

I don't understand. If you have a job and need tools to do the job either you or your employer should provide them.

If your job is to write for a video game site you should probably not have less access to games than a normal consumer...

I'm sorry: Are you honestly expecting them to get out early on a Sunday (their day off), buy Black Ops 2 for Wii U (a probably not all that impressive port of game that has been out for a week now) and then proceed to review it on the same day? Your expectations are completely unreasonable. Who honestly cares about that? You can get your impressions on plenty of other sites - and if you want reasonable technical analysis, wait for Eurogamer's DigitalFoundry to spring into action.

Just played right now using the gamepad. Only 275 on right now, but my NAT is moderate and not sure how to fix that for the Wii U.

Buttons are so screwy, 360 duck button is weapon swap etc etc. also need to change sensitivity.

Still happy, just hope more people hop on.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm sorry: Are you honestly expecting them to get out early on Sunday (their day off), buy Black Ops 2 for Wii U (a probably not all that impressive port of game that has been out for a week now) and then proceed to review it on the same day? Your expectations are completely unreasonable. Who cares, you can get your impressions on plenty of other sites - and if you want reasonable technical analysis, wait for Eurogamer's DigitalFoundry to spring into action.

The problem is that Polygon dude came into this thread on his own, before Polygon was ever mentioned, and said that nobody gets code until tomorrow. That is moronic, since it is available in stores.

netBuff

The problem is that Polygon dude came into this thread on his own, before Polygon was ever mentioned, and said that nobody gets code until tomorrow. That is moronic, since it is available in stores.

And why is Arthur Gies not entitled to come into a thread "on his own"? As far as I see, he's a Member of this forum like the rest of us. But maybe next time he'll PM you first, asking for your permission.

Today is not a work day, for all intents and purposes, most reviewers are getting the code tomorrow. And even GiantBomb, which bought a copy for their live stream, isn't reviewing the game today. Polygon doesn't have to review this game, they are under no obligation to buy the game themselves and review it on a Sunday or any other day.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
Anyone playing with the pro controller?

Also as far as the game pad how are the alternate control schemes. I'm actually kinda curious to try the Wii mote with 60 FPS.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
And why is Arthur Gies not entitled to come into a thread "on his own"? As far as I see, he's a Member of this forum like the rest of us. But maybe next time he'll PM you first, asking for your permission.

Today is not a work day, for all intents and purposes, most reviewers are getting the code tomorrow. And even GiantBomb, which bought a copy for their live stream, isn't reviewing the game today.

Please read the first two posts in this thread again and take your indignation elsewhere.

Dude asked for impressions.

Polygon dude said that nobody will get code until tomorrow. As if nobody could possibly have impressions because nobody could possibly have the game.

Polygon dude brought the Polygon shitting on himself by coming in here and saying that.

netBuff

Please read the first two posts in this thread again and take your indignation elsewhere.

Dude asked for impressions.

Polygon dude said that nobody will get code until tomorrow. As if nobody could possibly have impressions because nobody could possibly have the game.

Polygon dude brought the Polygon shitting on himself by coming in here and saying that.

And because Arthur Gies wrote that reviewers mostly aren't getting their review copies until Monday, three pages of people whining about the fact that Polygon didn't go out on a Sunday and buy the themselves game were reasonable? As I wrote before, Polygon is under no obligation to review the game now or ever.

People getting bent out of shape about every insignificant detail of Polygons operations in every thread is getting extremely tiresome.

Maybe you should read the first post: I don't think the Op asked for people's impressions on reviewers not buying late ports on day one

are there any features missing the Wii U version? They only one I heard was the youtube commentary.

Nuketown (Nintendo is patching in Wii U DLC support in December, Activision may decide to post the map subsequently) as well as CoD Elite access (Stats-Website).
It also seems likely that performance isn't too hot, with Activision not supplying reviewers with early copies - but that's just speculation on my part.

ohlawd

heh I assumed that the most, if not all people who picked up Black Ops II are running with the pointer controls.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
He said something stupid and got called out on it, meh.

I'd say it was fine off him to let us know press outlets wouldn't have copies until tomorrow. Helps me know when reviews are coming. He never said no one has it, he was just letting us know that official outlets wouldn't have impressions yet.

So, relax.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say it was fine off him to let us know press outlets wouldn't have copies until tomorrow. Helps me know when reviews are coming. He never said no one has it, he was just letting us know that official outlets wouldn't have impressions yet.

So, relax.

Polygon makes it very easy to hate with all of their arrogance and self-important talk.

Listen, I don't know about you, but I felt that "No one is getting code until tomorrow." was a bullshit response to a simple "Any impressions out there?" question. It's pretty much implying that the OP shouldn't look for impressions unless they come from a dedicated games site of the kind that would receive review code. It's also implying that no one in the games journalism world will (nor should) provide coverage for the game until they receive a free copy from the PR department. It's just ludicrous, especially when it comes from a site that claims they're going to shake things up in games journalism or whatever.

guek

Banned
Played the first mission. Game looks good. Not standout great but good. Reminds me a lot of what it felt like playing CoD2 on 360. Not visually, just kind of the nostalgia of playing a new CoD on a new console. last one I really played was CoD4 and that was on PC

Top Bottom