• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any sites with extensive streams of new games which are balanced and unbiased?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I was watching a bit of the Kinda Funny Podcast's early-access stream last night (there was a 4 hour stream) and I was expecting some hot takes, but there didn't seem to be any. They then mentioned that they got the codes from WB. It all seemed a bit shady as they did not mention any bugs, odd design choices, UI issues or any other negative things. In fact one guy shouted out that he can't wait to play more and will play it all night. I get that they may like the game, but it was leaning so much in the glowing, positive territory that it seemed almost comical. Especially when almost all previews were terrible.

Are there any good streamers who do extensive previews and 'let's play's' which are balanced and offer plenty of criticism as well as praise for the good things? I am so tired of seeing streams and podcasts where is is very obvious that they were told not to say anything negative. Looking at you KFG. Maybe they did mention a lot of negative stuff later, as I didn't watch the whole 4 hours but it was pretty obvious what was going on there.

Kenpachii

Twitch, anybody paid for any game has to have sponsored in the title or they get perm banned by twitch.

U can see people play through games and basically tell u whats up as they buy the games themselves and play it.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Previews will usually be structured in a way to not piss off the publisher. So don't pay too close attention to those. Reviews and post release is where you need to be paying attention.

I generally like Skill Up and ACG. From there, look at people who are experts at a particular game genre.

salva

I always come to Neogaf for balanced and unbiased reviews

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Previews will usually be structured in a way to not piss off the publisher. So don't pay too close attention to those. Reviews and post release is where you need to be paying attention.

I generally like Skill Up and ACG. From there, look at people who are experts at a particular game genre.
Well the KFG stream wasn't a preview but the early-access period. I believe it is the 3 day early start that comes with the deluxe version (yeah that stupid trend).

Dr_Ifto

Some people may genuinely like it, and some people may hate it on principle. You can never tell which that people are. Just cause they go against consensus doesnt mean a shill. Kinda Funny tends to lean towards not pissing off the publisher, and just give an opinion. If they gave a mid-opinion, that usually means they didnt like it.

buenoblue

I'm not paying $70 without getting some unbiased opinions first. That's the point of watching these. And quit yelling!
Haha I'm just playing. I tend to look for a few different options before buying but everyone has some bias. You can kind of infer what most games are nowadays anyway.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Well the KFG stream wasn't a preview but the early-access period. I believe it is the 3 day early start that comes with the deluxe version (yeah that stupid trend).
I used to like KFG when it was 4 guys at a kitchen table. There's nothing wrong with what they are now, but to have the access they do, they need to play nice, and that means only being critical about games AFTER everyone else is.

Top Bottom