• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody own or planning to own more than one Ps4/Xbone/Switch?

JimiNutz

Banned
I nearly bought an Xbox One S but decided that I didn't actually need it that badly and will wait for Scorpio.

I do definitely intend on buying a Pro at some point this year though and will be keeping the PS4 so that my girlfriend and I can play Overwatch together.

I'm not even sure that I'm buying a Switch but if I do then a second one looks like a good idea also for that local multiplayer without split screen.

BraXzy

I currently have the PS4 Pro, to make the most of my 4K TV and to make all the upcoming Sony exclusives look even better. I own an Xbox One but it's no longer in use since the only games coming to it I will want to play are usable on PC.. which I have. I own the Wii U and 3DS but will be selling both prior to the Switch coming out so will essentially have all "next gen" home consoles.

As for buying stuff, if you can afford to do so and you want it, why not? If not... wait. The library of games for it won't be going anywhere, it'll only be growing for the time when you're in a place that you can grab one. Do you have a backlog of games? If yes, you don't need anything new yet.

I personally wouldn't pick up an Xbox One S. Ask yourself what exclusives are coming to it / are already on it that you really want. If a lot stands out, then maybe it's for you. The only other thing that's worth considering for me is the 4K Blu-Ray playback.

ChrisD

Idk what to say on your problem... But I'll probably end up with two Switches in the house. One that's mine, one the family's. It'll be a while until the second comes into play, though.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No. I only game in my mancave, so no need for multiples. I sell consoles after I'm done with them as well as I don't collect or replay things.

Just have a PS4 Pro and Gaming PC currently. Oh, still have a Wii U too, but that's in the media room rather than the mancave as it really only gets used for Wii Fit (mostly by my fiance). Will be getting a Switch Day 1 to add to the mancave set up (and use as a console 99% of the time).

I traded in my original PS4 after getting the Pro, and sold off an X1 after they announced the Play Anywhere stuff and I got a gaming PC.

tariniel

I have the white Destiny: Taken King edition PS4, and I've been considering getting a Pro lately for the enhancements to some games and so I can put in a full-fledged SSD in there.

Rather than selling my Destiny one I might keep it and move it to the other room. Some recent posts have turned me off of selling it on eBay, although I might considering selling on craigslist or trading it in somewhere if the price is right.

No idea what I'll do yet, I need to do more research on what games will have Pro enhancements. Right now I like the idea of a Pro for eventual replays of FFXV, as well as when Nioh comes out next week. The only other game I am for sure buying this year is Persona 5 and I have no idea if it has any pro enhancements. Anyone know?

Got 3 Xbones and 2 PS4's. I gave my brother one of my xbones and set the oldest xbone as the family room media player. The 3rd is a xbox one S which is mine. My launch ps4 has been given to my parents so they can watch netflix. The PS4 pro is mine.

As for the switch, I plan to just have one as i'm going purely digital and we all now how great Nintendo's digital policy is.

ironmang

If I couldnt pay you I would have at least returned you the console. At thw very least this isnt an honest person.

This is why I don't sell things to friends unless they pay me soon as they show interest. Rather take a few dollars less or drive 10 miles to meet someone on craigslist than have to chase down a friend for months.

joecanada

Beat up the person, take the ps4 back and the money and say it's a rental fee.

Oh wait sorry I saw your avatar and got carried away there . Obvious joke.

I've been tempted to pick up another XBone, but it would be a serious waste of money. When Mass Effect Andromeda comes out I'd like to play the multiplayer with my wife, since she's a huge Mass Effect fan. But she's pretty much exclusively a PC gamer, so I'd have to get her a mouse and keyboard hookup for the Xbone and stuff for that to happen.

To be fair, I'm also a PC gamer, but when it comes to big games like Mass Effect I want to be on my big comfy couch. I'm sure my computer could run Andromeda, but I don't want to get it all installed and then be having issues with getting it to run or my computer getting cranky. The Xbone will just work.

So I'm kicking it around still. In the end, I think it'll be cheaper for me to wait for Andromeda to go on sale a few months down the road on the PC and picking it up on the PC as well just for the multiplayer. If it is anything like ME3 I'm gonna be pumping a ton of hours into it.

1 S
1 Elite
1 Pro
1 White PS4
1 Zelda Wii U
And soon two Switch's

My son(8) gets my hand down console when finances allow me to upgrade.

Wil348

I would buy the Switch over the Xbone. While the XB1 is by no means a bad system, it has way too many parallels with the PS4 for me, and while it does have some good first party games, I'm not sure it's enough to differentiate it. Backwards compatibility is super neat though.

As for the Switch, it's going to have quite a lot for its first year (Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Xenoblade, Mario Oddysey and probably even more announced at E3), and the portability really sets it apart from the other two consoles. I would get Switch in March and maybe wait for Scorpio for Xbox stuff. :)

I have:

1 PS4
1 XB1 S
And soon 1 Switch.

Sargon

I wouldn't typically have more than one of the same system (except for NES, which I have about 5 variations). I may eventually want a 2nd dock and extra joycons for the Switch though, at which point it may make sense just to buy another complete system and have an extra console that my son can use when he gets a little older.

grizzelye

When Scorpio releases, I'll put that with the PS4 Pro/Switch in the bed room, and the Xbox One S in the living room.

But that depends if the Scorpio comes with HDMI 2.1 ... then my plans may change.

Weiss

Banned
I thought for sure I'd get a Switch ASAP but damn did that presentation prove me wrong.

I'm fine with my PS4.

morpix

PS4 Pro, PC and XBone S, last of which I'll probably upgrade to Scorpio later in the year.
The Switch doesn't have enough in the first year. 2018, maybe.

____

I have a Pro and never sold my OG PS4.

It's stuffed in a drawer somewhere, but I should get around to selling it.

PetrCobra

I never sold my old 3DS when I bought the New one, planned to pass it on to my sister (and her two daughters) but never actually did.

I can see myself doing something similar whenever a Switch revision comes out, just to have whatever it improves on, like slightly more power or whatever. Or if a new long time GF appears in my life during the console's lifetime and she's interested in playing MP with me, I may buy a Switch for her but that's about it.

chippy13

I have 2 PS4's and a pro. Bought the original at launch, got the 20th anniversary one when it was made available in Canada and then got a pro. My son uses the original in the basement and my anniversary edition is at the office. Mainly game on the Pro now. My wife says I have a problem. :)

Philia

My husband and I are both avid gamers and we find having two PS4s is a worthy investment considering I like to netflix as well as game too.

Honestly, playstations we would double dip often. 360 was the only other system we've double dipped outside of that.

RobotVM

I currently have 2 Switches Pre-ordered. My sons Wii U just broke so I am considering just keeping both pre-orders and giving him one.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I plan on getting more than 1 Switch for me and the kids.

We had two 3DSs, one 2DS and a Vita.

I thought about more than one PS4 and XBO just to play online MP with them but it's overkill IMO.

Who knows I might just do that for the games that don't come to Switch.

Top Bottom