• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

Seiniyta

For me I'm even more happy I've pre-ordered the switch now that I have a job in retail where when heading home I need to wait 1.5 hour at the station/on train to get home. It'll be perfect.

Really the thing to ask yourself is whether you'd have time to play any surprises they announced before Xmas anyway given all the lengthy games in your list.

I can spare time for quick pick up and play games. The new Zelda seems to be the antithesis of that. Since I didn't own a Wii U, it would have been great if they had Mario Kart, and maybe ARMS and Splatoon ready day one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I preordered late, then cancelled, then preordered again. I realise I'll probably only play Zelda for a while, but I sold my wiiU in anticipation so if I want to play Zelda I kind of have no choice.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Crazy that we're getting a first real look at the UI.. not from Nintendo.. but from some lucky random person. I don't understand this company at all.

It was the same with PS4. I won one of those Taco Bell PS4s and got it 2 days before release and there was no in depth menu videos released at that time. I made a few.

qko

Someone had posted in a thread a while back that Switch would have a Day 1 patch. Did you download a patch or anything?

During the Wii U launch, many of those (press) with WiiUs before launch were able to access the system pre- day 1 patch... most of them informed us 2 nights before that the patch went live and was HUGE.

Kureransu

Damn y'all are thirsty.

But yeah, so am I. This will be fun.

LOL. Isn't it like this EVERY console release? heck even when LKD posted the ps4 slim.
2074yu4sw2.gif

Mediking

YO WTF!?

and how are you so casual about it lmao. "yeah no big deal I have a switch 2 weeks early"

The chance this guy actually being someone in the industry is high, in my opinion....

Either he's an employee of Nintendo or something else.

This can't be that random.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If it was purchased legitimately, he hasn't done anything wrong.

Doesnt mean that cant or wont block his system or something...better be safe than sry. Thats why i only asked for a OS video...who knows what happens if he goes online lol.

The best thing about this thread at this very moment: the people who are coming in simply to reply to the title of the thread and are obviously not reading a thing.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Crazy that we're getting a first real look at the UI.. not from Nintendo.. but from some lucky random person. I don't understand this company at all.

Nintendo is probably still working on the operating system until the last minute so they don't want to show it until it's 100% ready, I would imagine.

Jonboy

Agreed. It's hilarious. It's totally their own fault though. They had their chance(s).

Hoo-doo

Banned
People get so adorably paranoid about this stuff.

If he bought it from a retailer, there's nothing anyone can do to 'track him down'. I mean come on, it's just hardware that's been shown extensively over the last weeks.

Thought I'd absolutely be cancelling my preorder but now I am fully hyped and going all in. It's a new Nintendo console that looks great and I just love a launch day.

the_id

I am getting more and more excited about it. There is something about the charm of the Switch games that we've seen so far making it feel exciting.

SFenton

I hate my Wii U and I'm more excited every day for Switch. Hopefully it can fulfill its promises- very excited about a console I can take with me!

Have on pre-order:
- Neon console
- Two neon Joy-Con pairs
- One gray Joy-Con pair
- Three sets of neon straps (so 6 total)
- One Pro controller
- Joy-Con charging dock
- Zelda (never played a Zelda game!)
- 1/2 Switch
- Just Dance 2017 (haven't played a dance game in years since Kinect died!)

I'll also get Fast RMX soon as it's available. Very, very excited for the console- doesn't mean I don't acknowledge some of its stupid shortcomings (no Netflix? No browser?) or Nintendo's ridiculously bad messaging (where is VC? Online? Come on now), but it's gonna be a fun launch!

OCD Guy

Need a new thread with all info on first post. I'm NEVER going to be able to find the link to the video if I go away from this thread for 10 minutes....

If he bought it from a retailer, there's nothing anyone can do to 'track him down'. I mean come on, it's just hardware that's been shown extensively over the last weeks.

Yeah but the retailer could get in trouble, and the poster specifically said he didn't want to get them in trouble.

Need a new thread with all info on first post. I'm NEVER going to be able to find the link to the video if I go away from this thread for 10 minutes....

Let's make sure this is legit first.

I am fairly certain I remember identical situations happening on other recent consoles and people getting their consoles banned.

Neoweee

I hate my Wii U and I'm more excited every day for Switch. Hopefully it can fulfill its promises- very excited about a console I can take with me!

Have on pre-order:
- Neon console
- Two neon Joy-Con pairs
- One gray Joy-Con pair
- Three sets of neon straps (so 6 total)
- One Pro controller
- Joy-Con charging dock
- Zelda (never played a Zelda game!)
- 1/2 Switch
- Just Dance 2017 (haven't played a dance game in years since Kinect died!)

I'll also get Fast RMX soon as it's available. Very, very excited for the console- doesn't mean I don't acknowledge some of its stupid shortcomings (no Netflix? No browser?) or Nintendo's ridiculously bad messaging (where is VC? Online? Come on now), but it's gonna be a fun launch!

What games do you expect will even be able to play 4 sets of Joycons? Do any announced games support that so far? At most so far you're looking at Mario Kart, which would be 3 sets + Pro.

Top Bottom