• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

I dunno its only been that way for 30 years.

You'd assume the Playstation would have been the same then? Regardless I'd like to have the ability to remap or change layout then. It's always bothered me. I'm sure just like it bothers them to have the bottom button be the confirm button when playing western games. Seems easy enough to do at a hardware level.

My hype was obliterated by the conference. Same old Nintendo, not making the mistake of trusting them again.

I'll play BotW on my PS5.

Nintendo-PS4.png

I wouldn't hold my breath
of the wild

I want the system itself so badly and the Neon looks sexy as hell, but at the end of the day it's just not smart for me to get one at launch. There'll be better deals and bundles by the holidays, I can play Zelda on my Wii U, and I have plenty of other games to last me through the year. So as tempted as I am sometimes, I'm sticking with my non-preorder.

I don't see any built in function to record gameplay, take screen shots, friend lists, send messages, manage alert notifications.

There is a dedicated screenshot button the left joycon and in the video you see him go to the screenshot album that explains it. You can also see a notification in the video that says that Friend functions are only enabled when the Switch is brought online and the Switch in the video has not gone online yet.

schopaia

No
Still super conflicted

If I believed Mario odyssey would be out this year I would get it instantly without hesitation but I really don't trust Nintendo

I want it for Zelda but I could just get it on Wii U
There is a very good chance that would be the only switch game I played all year and that would make me sad

Development is basically wrapped on Odyssey - they said they're holding it for the holidays.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I mean, I haven't cancelled it because I want to play 2P on an airplane and I am hopeful that within the year it'll have good enough games.

That said, the battery life and lack of easy charge while in kickstand mode have me worried about its usefulness as a portable system

Krakatoa

There is a dedicated screenshot button the left joycon and in the video you see him go to the screenshot album that explains it. You can also see a notification in the video that says that Friend functions are only enabled when the Switch is brought online and the Switch in the video has not gone online yet.

Ok, so maybe because it was offline it seemed so sterile. I'll wait for more videos showing the console online.

Mortemis

Banned
Gonna end up cancelling mine. It's not that I don't want it, just that there's a change in my money situation so I'm gonna wait until the summer or probably after.

For sure in the fall for Pokémon if it comes.

No, but I'm an outlier, because I just really like Nintendo games a lot. There was never any question about whether or not I was going to buy Nintendo's next console, because I always will, unless they just completely stop making games or something.

The HW is incredibly sexy and I want one for that alone. I don't feel bad about not pre ordering though. It's never necessary in Australia and I can wait for more game announcements. If the hype gets to me I'll just jump on board then. At the moment though I'll probably wait a bit longer.

I know this is off topic, but I can't unsee Dominos pizza when I see the Switch logo and the Blue/Red joycon combo. They should do a tie-in.

bumpkin

I only feel differently in that I wish I had preordered it from the place the GAF'er who has one right now got it from. lol.

EraErr0r1

Love the startup animation and tune. Interface looks very responsive. (especially compared to WiiU)

Quite impressed from what we've seen at this stage!

I'm curious about this too, even more strange is the fact that's the only option other than automatic.

Maybe if you can manage to get it hooked up to an old TV or one that somehow doesn't support automatic resolution stuff, it's there as your ultimate backup option. Can always go manual 480p if something goes wrong.

TankRizzo

Banned
Good point, I guess the Switch really is totally irrelevant to me then :)

Lol at the "oooh oh snap!", Nintendo fans are another level of cringe.
It's more cringeworthy to be bitching and moaning in a thread about a system and game that you don't care about. It's even worse that you write PARAGRAPHS on it.

Top Bottom