• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anything is possible if you believe in it; RE2 remake possible

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'd rather they just used the REmake engine period.

Aaaaand there we go, RE2 Rebirth for 3DS confirmed! XD
Seriously, they probably know lots of fan want it, they just want a confirmation. And if it happens, let's all hope they obtain to not ruin it.

RPGCrazied

Obviously RE isn't that big in America. Just look what Japan got for the series:

resident+evil.JPG

Now look what America got:

7508945992_4a14f6007f.jpg

alf717

At this point I think there are just too many things that would go wrong that would ruin the original RE2 experience. It should of happened back on the Game Cube along with RE3 and it didn't.

Who would do it, though? The same folks bringing us RE6? Or the fine gents over at Spark Unlimited? Because I'd rather no have it at all of that's who they would pic to do the job.

Salsa

RE2 aged great.

I dont want this because knowing cacpcom there's no way it'll match the quality of REmake

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A remake from the people who made 5 and 6?

hohohohoho

no

Verendus

Banned
Unncessary. Not every fucking memorable game needs to be remade. They should focus on creating new RE games that are great instead of wasting time remaking an old one. Or hell, just spend that effort on a completely new project.

Yuterald

There's no one left at Capcom who can make a decent Resident Evil game. The talent is gone, just let certain games rest in peace. I also couldn't care less if they decided to resurrect franchises because they'll just outsource it to the shittiest bidder. After reading about that Spark Unlimited/Onimusha rumor...Jesus Christ, I'm so over it. Capcom can still produce some pretty decent games, but it's extremely rare. I've moved on from them, but I guess certain fans can't let go. Please, just let Resident Evil 2 rest in peace.

Unncessary. Not every fucking memorable game needs to be remade. They should focus on creating new RE games that are great instead of wasting time remaking an old one. Or hell, just spend that effort on a completely new project.

The Gamecube REmake is so different from Resident Evil 1... it's a completely new game, yet... it's still a remake of RE1.

You can't miss any of those, like you can miss, say the Metal Gear HD remakes if you played the originals.

Verendus

Banned
They certainly aren't doing that either.
Let them fail until they get it right, I guess. Or just create new projects. Anything is better than treading old ground. RE2 is still there for us fans to play. It's not like it was lost to the annals of time.

The Gamecube REmake is so different from Resident Evil 1... it's a completely new game, yet... it's still a remake of RE1. You can't miss any of those, like you can miss, say the Metal Gear HD remakes if you played the originals.
Yes. Played it. Enjoyed it. It was great. Still don't care for a remake of RE2, or any RE for that matter.

Muffdraul

I'd rather they just used the REmake engine period.

I'm about as big of a Classic RE fanboy as they come, and even I don't want to go back to tank controls and static pre-rendered backgrounds. IMO that's not what made classic RE what it was.

At least there's a chance of them using the current engine to remake RE2. There is literally *NO* chance they would do another REmake style. No point in even wishing for that to happen.

WHAT

THE

FUCK....

IS

THAT.

Top down shooter/Co-op version of Silent Hill (Book of Memories for PS Vita). It will probably be what Capcom decides RE2make to be if their evil and it will be digital only. MUhahahahaha!

EDIT: Oh and forgot...It will be farmed out to crappy unknown Western Dev.

EDIT2: I wasn't refering to Wayforward as crappy.

AHA-Lambda

My immediate thought was "Hell f*cking yes!"

Then I realised it would almost certainly be moulded around the design of RE5/6, so.... hell f*cking NO!!!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Top down shooter/Co-op version of Silent Hill (Book of Memories for PS Vita). It will probably be what Capcom decides RE2make to be if their evil and it will be digital only. MUhahahahaha!

EDIT: Oh and forgot...It will be farmed out to crappy unknown Western Dev.

...Ok that it seems crappy, but Wayforward a crappy unknown Western Dev.? Seriously?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Oh my god just stop asking Capcom about sequels and remakes and localizations.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
haha, if they did I bet you they'd make it a Wii U exclusive lol

Top Bottom