• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently the offline roster update for ESPN NFL is out...

ShadowRed

Banned
Ramirez said:
You play this crap offline? :p

My thoughts exactly. Alos why do you need two rosters one for online and one for online. Wouldn't you update them at the same time and then validate it online to see if you and your opponet are in synch? That way of doing it would make more since than having two new rosters updates a week apart. Oh shit I forgot this is SEGA we are talking about. They still haven't figured out networking and decent DB AI algorithims much less a straght shot roster updating plan.

Cloudy

Banned
Microsoft has to approve any XBL downloads so the offline update has to be a week apart for xbox. Ps2 players had theirs last week along with the online update.

Having two seperate ones ensures that there is no incompatibilty problem for folks like you guys who scoff at playing the game offline. If you're online, you have the same roster as everyone else online. No worries about verifying anything :p

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:
Well how does EA have rosters ready to download the day the game comes out?

I don't know but that is the reason VC gave and why would they make it up? Ps2 players have been getting their updates earlier since 2k3 with the same explanation so it's not like they just pulled it out of their ass...

ShadowRed

Banned
Cloudy said:
Microsoft has to approve any XBL downloads so the offline update has to be a week apart for xbox. Ps2 players had theirs last week along with the online update.

Having two seperate ones ensures that there is no incompatibilty problem for folks like you guys who scoff at playing the game offline. If you're online, you have the same roster as everyone else online. No worries about verifying anything :p

It still doesnt answer my question of why do you need two updates. It's same damn roster all you should need to do is DL it once then when you play online the update becomes the default roster. Then if you feel like going online the same roster you DLed last week should be varified and then you play online. Makes no sense to have to DL the same thing twice. Sounds to me more like dumbass programing rather than big bad MS trying to make SEGA jump through it's hoops.

Cloudy

Banned
You don't DL the same thing twice. The online update file contains other things besides the info for the current roster. Or do you wanna risk fucking with that while managing your roster offline?

And it's not like the DL even takes more than a few seconds. You folks will bitch about anything :D

Top Bottom