• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple AirPods | OT | Try not to lose them

So My Apple Watch can control next song and stuff right? So I really dont have to worry about the tapping stuff?

I really just need them for watching movies in bed, while I’m running. One in my ear at work etc.

Vuze

So My Apple Watch can control next song and stuff right? So I really dont have to worry about the tapping stuff?

I really just need them for watching movies in bed, while I’m running. One in my ear at work etc.
Yeah. I just have them set to next song and start/stop for when it's more handy to use them than the watch.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Considering the wireless case is going to be the exact same price as the standard case ($60), are we all assuming that AirPods will start shipping with the wireless case included in the near future?

Vuze

Considering the wireless case is going to be the exact same price as the standard case ($60), are we all assuming that AirPods will start shipping with the wireless case included in the near future?
Just like how Apple included faster charging accessories with their new 1000$ phone? 😜

I like programming one for Siri and one for song skip - taking one out of an ear handles play/pause too. But yeah, the WatchOS 4 automatic ‘now playing’ thing is really, really great, even if I suspect it’s draining my Series 0 battery faster (I still make it to the end of the day so whatever).

Yeah, you can set up how you want the AirPods to control your music. I actually have one set to Play/Pause, which is handy when I don't want to take them out of my ears, and the other is set to Siri. This comes in handy because I can tell her to adjust volume, read my texts, and do a host of other nice things without picking up my phone. Really great when I'm running.

killroy87

I was hesitant at first but Airpods have become one of my favorite products Apple has introduced in recent years. So convenient, comfortable, and the sound quality is actually decent enough as well.

The Cowboy

So tempting at £129, but I just want these in black - I just can't believe Apple hasn't done this.

I'm just not willing to pay the premium for painted one.

I was hesitant at first but Airpods have become one of my favorite products Apple has introduced in recent years. So convenient, comfortable, and the sound quality is actually decent enough as well.

Completely agree with this. When they were released, I thought they looked nice, but wasn't all that interested. Bought my wife a pair as an anniversary present, and we both fell in love. Now, we both use them every day. They sound great to me and they stay in my ears surprisingly well, even while running.

SuperPac

Completely agree with this. When they were released, I thought they looked nice, but wasn't all that interested. Bought my wife a pair as an anniversary present, and we both fell in love. Now, we both use them every day. They sound great to me and they stay in my ears surprisingly well, even while running.

When they were first announced I laughed at the price. I thought there was no way they'd actually be any good because my experience with BT headphones to that point was horrid and also figured they'd easily slip out of my ears.

When people started getting the final production units and talking up the sound quality and ease of use, I picked up a pair after finding stock at a local Target. It's been transformative to how I listen to music, audiobooks, podcasts, etc. I just wish the PS4/Switch allowed bluetooth headsets to pair because that would elevate these even more.

mrkgoo

When they were first announced I laughed at the price. I thought there was no way they'd actually be any good because my experience with BT headphones to that point was horrid and also figured they'd easily slip out of my ears.

When people started getting the final production units and talking up the sound quality and ease of use, I picked up a pair after finding stock at a local Target. It's been transformative to how I listen to music, audiobooks, podcasts, etc. I just wish the PS4/Switch allowed bluetooth headsets to pair because that would elevate these even more.
I "only" have the beatsX but it's really quite something to be wireless from your playback device.

Like just having your phone in your pocket and being free while listening is quite liberating.

killroy87

I have the BeatsX and I like them a lot. My only beef is that the ear tips don’t fit quite right. The medium are just a hair too big, and the small are way small. I can do the medium, but I have to readjust every few minutes, stick them back in. If it weren’t for that, they’d be a damn near perfect product.

Skelter

Banned

I'm no audiophile but can anyone who cares about sound quality tell me what they about these? I know, they're wireless but I am tempted to get a pair for myself when I eventually get my iPhone X/Apple Watch.

mrkgoo

I have the BeatsX and I like them a lot. My only beef is that the ear tips don’t fit quite right. The medium are just a hair too big, and the small are way small. I can do the medium, but I have to readjust every few minutes, stick them back in. If it weren’t for that, they’d be a damn near perfect product.

I usually use the small, but the small are nearly non-existent lol. I just used the default ones.

i lose things pretty often so i decided to get BeatsXs until airpods and (completely) wireless earbuds have find features and beepers installed in them so we’ll never lose them.

Quick

Banned
i lose things pretty often so i decided to get BeatsXs until airpods and (completely) wireless earbuds have find features and beepers installed in them so we’ll never lose them.

They do.

If you go in Find My iPhone, you can set the AirPods to make a beeping sound.

Quick

Banned
Doesn't it only work if it's connected though? I mean like if they maybe legit get lost. I wonder if Apple will ever make these tinier. Like the earbuds in Her style.

Just tested it out with Bluetooth turned off (from the settings) and it worked.

It doesn't work if it's in the case.

Hamoody

I have been experiencing this issue with my Air pods, where one works and the other doesn't (when examining them on the iPhone screen (the one that is not functioning properly has a red exclamation mark).

I tried charging the case thinking maybe it's battery was low, but to no avail.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

w0mbat

Neo Member
I have been experiencing this issue with my Air pods, where one works and the other doesn't (when examining them on the iPhone screen (the one that is not functioning properly has a red exclamation mark).

I tried charging the case thinking maybe it's battery was low, but to no avail.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I had a similar issue and it was just a small bit of dirt in the charging area for the airpod that wouldn't charge. Once I had blown it out, it started to charge again.

Hope it's that simple for you too.

Ever since iOS 11, every time I open the case the AirPods are connected to audio before I can take them out. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, I’m having more issues where one AirPod will be connected to one device another one will be connected to a different device. Basically, iOS 11 is seemingly adding a lot of bugs do my AirPods. Has anyone had any more bugs since upgrading?

Ever since iOS 11, every time I open the case the AirPods are connected to audio before I can take them out. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, I’m having more issues where one AirPod will be connected to one device another one will be connected to a different device. Basically, iOS 11 is seemingly adding a lot of bugs do my AirPods. Has anyone had any more bugs since upgrading?

Yep! Not those specifically, though the audio in the case has happened. I just feel like it takes significantly longer to switch between devices than it did on iOS 10. This is true of my AirPods and my Studio 3’s

Yep! Not those specifically, though the audio in the case has happened. I just feel like it takes significantly longer to switch between devices than it did on iOS 10. This is true of my AirPods and my Studio 3’s

Did the AirPods firmware update with iOS 11 as well? Takes longer for me to switch as well, and sometimes it fails and I have to do it again. I'm also having problems where connections just drop now even when I'm within a few feet of a device or computer or Apple TV; it can happen for a second or upwards of 15.

Giolon

Did the AirPods firmware update with iOS 11 as well? Takes longer for me to switch as well, and sometimes it fails and I have to do it again. I'm also having problems where connections just drop now even when I'm within a few feet of a device or computer or Apple TV; it can happen for a second or upwards of 15.

The last firmware update was in May, 3.7.2. That's the version my airpods still have, and they update automatically anytime they're connected to the phone.

Vuci

Got a Bluetooth adapter on Amazon so I can finally use my Airpods with Switch and 3DS. Bliss. The Airpods are my favorite Apple product in a while.

Guess Who

Banned
Got a Bluetooth adapter on Amazon so I can finally use my Airpods with Switch and 3DS. Bliss. The Airpods are my favorite Apple product in a while.

The Airpods are okay for gaming in a pinch, but the latency is too high for anything where the sound matters unfortunately.

Vuze

Yup, these definitely aren’t a rarity here in Austria anymore. I’ve seen atleast one or two pairs for every day the past weeks without even looking for them. Long delivery times must’ve been one reason for scarcity.

I’m sure this has been brought up before but now that they’ve been out for a while, I think I can get some more in depth responses. The regular Apple headphones just fit great. The left ear is okay but it always slips out of my right ear, VERY easily. I really want these so am I going to have the same issues with my ears?

I’m sure this has been brought up before but now that they’ve been out for a while, I think I can get some more in depth responses. The regular Apple headphones just fit great. The left ear is okay but it always slips out of my right ear, VERY easily. I really want these so am I going to have the same issues with my ears?

They feel almost exactly the same except there's no cable to tug on them so it might be a little bit better.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Finally managed to get a pair of these through a friend who's coming back from Japan this week. Can't wait.

My problem was never availability, but price: they're sold in Brazil for $400. LMFAO.

mrkgoo

Finally managed to get a pair of these through a friend who's coming back from Japan this week. Can't wait.

My problem was never availability, but price: they're sold in Brazil for $400. LMFAO.

Does anyone actually buy this kind of thing in Brazil? Official electronics are so pricey.

sangreal

You’ll probably have the same problem. I certainly do

Love everything else about the AirPods though. You can try those silicone tips

Top Bottom