• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPad Pro |OT|

PFD

Reviews came out this morning. MacRumors has a round-up

Just ordered one. $1,026.95

10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 256GB - Space Gray
Logitech Slim Combo with detachable keyboard for 10.5-inch iPad Pro - Black
Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
3-Year AppleCare+ for iPad

Been using an original iPad Air for four years.

Same, i'm also upgrading from an Air 1. Can't wait to receive mine tomorrow!

A7 -> A10X
1GB -> 4GB RAM
60Hz -> 120Hz
+True Tone, Anti-reflective coating, laminated screen, brighter and 20% bigger display, etc etc

Why buy one now when iOS11 isn't available yet?

What smart keyboard case do you recommend? I'm looking for something that can hold the Apple Pencil.

How do you all carry Apple Pencil with you?

Deku Tree

Why buy one now when iOS11 isn't available yet?

What smart keyboard case do you recommend? I'm looking for something that can hold the Apple Pencil.

How do you all carry Apple Pencil with you?

HL782_AV1

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/p...4bf42771c2a6d6ea6d3b262c15ed3c05fa61b4bedbef5

//ARCANUM

Anyone else order a 10.5 from Best Buy? I did and it still shows delivery tmrw/today (Tuesday), but it hasn't shipped yet.... says preparing. I'm not getting this today am I?

Got

Banned
No reason it should, since the issue doesn't happen to everyone and I haven't seen the same complaint about third party KBs. But if it does, then it's safe to say it's the smart connectors or the iPad Pro (or a software issue?). Reason I don't think an app was involved is that this was popping out of sleep on its own. But who knows?

Anecdote: Have been using new Pro and old keyboard together for a couple of days with no issues, but it didn't happen universally and I've only been traveling today. BTW I made sure all the contacts were clean, so it wasn't that (my first suspicion).

good to know. I guess I'll just keep an eye open for any issues. thanks for the info.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
mine is coming tomorrow - collection from local waitrose. Might head past the covent garden apple store this evening to check smart cover colours.

are there any 3rd party covers that are similar in appearance to the apple one? Mainly want more colour choices

Aiii

So not worth it
Delivery man just came (made me wait all day, because of course he did), but my 10.5 is here.

This screen man, so huge, the biggest. Coming from an iPad Mini especially, it's just so much screen. The width of it in portrait mode is about the same as the Mini in landscape mode, absolutely gorgeous, too. It's so quick, it boots in literal seconds, amazing. The four speakers are a definite improvement over what I'm used to with the iPhone 7 Plus and the Mini especially.

Anyway, about to install iOS 11 and set everything up, but yeah, first impressions are very good. Was also very relieved to find the camera bump doesn't make it wobble like the iPhone does, I was afraid of that.

Thaedolus

Wtf!!!!!!! My iPad Pro tracking number says 2.60 pounds?? This shit was supposed to be a pound!

Unbelievable. Fucking Apple.

What's funny is I can't tell whether or not this is a troll post because this is an apple thread....

...my 10.5 is going to be delivered today but I'm stuck in meetings until 3:30 :/ ...anyone know if UPS will leave it without a signature? I've got an obscured front door where they conceal packages usually.

Got

Banned
What's funny is I can't tell whether or not this is a troll post because this is an apple thread....

...my 10.5 is going to be delivered today but I'm stuck in meetings until 3:30 :/ ...anyone know if UPS will leave it without a signature? I've got an obscured front door where they conceal packages usually.

if you go to the order page on apple.com, you have an option to leave without signature

Fhtagn

Reviews came out this morning. MacRumors has a round-up

Same, i'm also upgrading from an Air 1. Can't wait to receive mine tomorrow!

A7 -> A10X
1GB -> 4GB RAM
60Hz -> 120Hz
+True Tone, Anti-reflective coating, laminated screen, brighter and 20% bigger display, etc etc

I'm going to go from a 32gb iPad Air to a 256gb 10.5" Pro and it's gonna be a massive leap forward in tech AND I'll stop running out of space for apps. Stoked.

Vyer

you guys moving from like an old ipad or an old mini to this are in for a hell of a bump

Wtf!!!!!!! My iPad Pro tracking number says 2.60 pounds?? This shit was supposed to be a pound!

Unbelievable. Fucking Apple.

heh. if you threw in a 'steve jobs would have never...' type sentence it would have really sold.

Aiii

So not worth it
Couple of hours in with my 10.5 and I have to say that I absolutely love this device. I have been using iPads ever since the first one launched (hell, I even went so far as to import one from the US) and I have to say, they never got it this right.

iOS was absolutely made for this device, even this 1st dev beta runs so smooth, small bugs aside, the only drawback so far seems a slightly higher battery drain (as is normal for betas). I am spending the entire time on the device using overlay or side by side, thanks to the extra screensize. I find myself doing things like: Pull up the dock, flick YouTube on the side, turn on chromecast, pick a video and flick the App to outside of the screen, only to pull it back to switch to another video and repeat. Just a small example of things that already seem so natural to me even after this short time.

I also use it in landscape mode, as I said, I have been using iPads since the launch and I always used them in portrait mode except for video and yet this screen just lends itself for landscape so much more thanks to the big screen, sbs multitasking and those tremendous 2x2 speakers on the side. It soundsvas good as it looks.

I am so impressed, it is fast, snappy, iOS 11 is heaven. This is the perfect iPad.

Got

Banned
Just received mine. Looks good but interestingly this 12.9 versus the previous model has the 1 meter cable, not the 3 meter one.

Just got my 10.5” delivered, still haven’t opened the shopping box. UPS driver actually asked if it was the new iPad while I was signing for it

Got

Banned
Just got my 10.5" delivered, still haven't opened the shopping box. UPS driver actually asked if it was the new iPad while I was signing for it

Yeah, my ups guy had three in his hands for my apartment building. Asked him if he was delivering a lot of them and he said yup. He also wasn't my normal guys so I'm wondering if they assigned one driver to deliver these for an area today.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
smart keyboard seems borderline usable. the 9.7" felt way too narrow so your fingers were cramped up. the 10.5" is only a little wider but it makes a big difference. Not comfortable but way fewer mistakes when typing. Still don't think I can stomach £160 though - no reason to be half the price of the base ipad just for a keyboard.

Fuck, I think something is wrong with my screen. Pushing anywhere along the bottom border causes the LCD to compress and flash white as if there’s a great pressure on it. It even does this just by pressing the home button like normal. Very noticeable on the GAF dark theme. Picture below, taken from a burst shot of me hitting the home button

Anyone else see how their 10.5” is?

Edit: just tried a bunch on my 9.7”, happens there too but much less often, and doesn’t happen when lightly hitting the home button like I it does on my 10.5”

Number45

smart keyboard seems borderline usable. the 9.7" felt way too narrow so your fingers were cramped up. the 10.5" is only a little wider but it makes a big difference. Not comfortable but way fewer mistakes when typing. Still don't think I can stomach £160 though - no reason to be half the price of the base ipad just for a keyboard.
Same here. I'm going to use it without a smart keyboard for a while and see if I cope OK, if I feel I need a keyboard I'll see what options are available then.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Same here. I'm going to use it without a smart keyboard for a while and see if I cope OK, if I feel I need a keyboard I'll see what options are available then.

problem is by then you've already spent £49 on a smart cover so it hurts even more.

Bit surprised there haven't been cheap third party ones

picked mine up from the local waitrose - will now restore it while I'm at work.

Aiii

So not worth it
If it’s normal I’ll just ignore it. I just want to know if it’s a variance or not. I’ll hit up my Apple Store and see what their demo units do

It is normal, you can push on any lcd in your house to create the same effect. It has been normal for iPad since laminated screens became a thing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just ordered one. $1,026.95

10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 256GB - Space Gray
Logitech Slim Combo with detachable keyboard for 10.5-inch iPad Pro - Black
Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
3-Year AppleCare+ for iPad

Been using an original iPad Air for four years.

I know it's baller and worth it, but man.

$1000+ for an iPad just feels mind boggling in my mind.

Fuck, I think something is wrong with my screen. Pushing anywhere along the bottom border causes the LCD to compress and flash white as if there’s a great pressure on it.

This is the exact thing happening to mine. Just pressing the screen with any pressure does this, and tapping the home button normally does it too. I set up a Genius Bar appointment for tonight to go get it looked at / swapped out.

My coworker got one as well and isn't anywhere near as obvious on his.

This is the exact thing happening to mine. Just pressing the screen with any pressure does this, and tapping the home button normally does it too. I set up a Genius Bar appointment for tonight to go get it looked at / swapped out.

My coworker got one as well and isn't anywhere near as obvious on his.

I set up an appointment for Friday. I’m gonna drop by the store today and see what the demo units do. If they all do it, I’ll cancel my appointment. If they don’t do it, I’ll keep my appointment

Top Bottom