• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I want one.
I live in Brazil.
I don't want one anymore.

Basically almost everything Galaxy S6, G4, Z5 and One M9+ has... Oh and OnePlus Two.

except the apps perform better, camera is better and overall performance is better.

you know there is an issue when Android benchmarks of new phones are still being compared to Apple iPhone 6 which was released 12 months ago

its an age old argument which people will always lose on so its best not to bring it up

Bloodrage

Banned
Basically almost everything Galaxy S6, G4, Z5 and One M9+ has... Oh and OnePlus Two.
Except he was asking about a comparison with his 6+, not the competition.

except the apps perform better, camera is better and overall performance is better.

you know there is an issue when Android benchmarks of new phones are still being compared to Apple iPhone 6 which was released 12 months ago

its an age old argument which people will always lose on so its best not to bring it up
And this.

mrkgoo

I want one.
I live in Brazil.

Because of price I'm guessing. Nature of exchange rates has meant the price in NZ for the iPhone she's gone up by over 10%.

Nz$1399 is too much for a 64 GB so I'm going to have to pass.

RM8

Can we not turn this into another Android vs Apple topic for fuck sakes.

People prefer IOS and others prefer Android.
As an iPhone owner, I don't see anything wrong with legitimate criticism. iPhone is the market leader, but we as consumers still have other options and people might want a feature that's available in other phones.

AHA-Lambda

ok, this might be a really dumb question but I'm only just catching up with this news, couldn't iOS already recognise force? As in that's how I delete apps after all? =/

I have an iPhone 6 now, but this new iPhone is not convincing me to change to 6S, I would preffer to move to any of the other phones, I hope 6S convinces me.

Specs =/= performance. Any way you slice it, the overall experience is unmatched by Android. Plus better apps, more apps, and likely now a better camera. The A9 sounds beastly too. Keeping the 6 for another year is wise choice however.

empyrean

I've had every iPhone since the iPhone 3g, not sure i can justify this upgrade. Have a 6 atm and feel that i would only upgrade for a 6s+ to make it seem more of an upgrade, but boy those off contract 64gig prices in the uk - £700 ($1075) just a it too much for me.

greg400

Banned
Yes. They want you to switch to 64GB. Most people do that and brings a lot of money to them.

Obviously everyone knows why, I'm just fucking flabbergasted that they have the audacity to include 16GB when that was the starting option in the 2009 released 3GS.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Because of price I'm guessing. Nature of exchange rates has meant the price in NZ for the iPhone she's gone up by over 10%.

Nz$1399 is too much for a 64 GB so I'm going to have to pass.

Yeah the price here is ridiculous.
American dollar here is almost 4>1 so is like R$3200 without taxes.

freshair

I'm excited.

- Live photos look awesome. Was always a fan of zoe.
- Force touch looks really neat as well. Quick functionality of common things.
- Front/Back camera upgrade is nice. I Snapchat a lot....
- Sad that 32gb isn't base, so I'll have to go for the 64gb this round since 4K video.

Kaimu

ok, this might be a really dumb question but I'm only just catching up with this news, couldn't iOS already recognise force? As in that's how I delete apps after all? =/

Its just holding your finger down on the screen for a period of time, nothing to do with what they showed in the conference

RdN

My GF is in love with the Rose Gold, may be a Christmas pick up.

I want one.
I live in Brazil.

Oh, come on.

Do you mean to tell me that you don't have R$ 4000 laying around to buy such marvelous product? ;)

Rootbeer

Banned
I really like the sound of the apple upgrade plan... but I already have a pre-paid plan that I really like and don't want to drop or change. Is apple going to REQUIRE a plan setup with them to get on that? Because damn, it sounds nice if not for that...

Sarye

What you are talking about is a long press (duration). This recognizes hard press and requires a hardware update. The newer macbooks and apple watch has them as well and the feedback is pretty cool. Makes it feel like a button press but is not really one.

janoDX

Specs =/= performance. Any way you slice it, the overall experience is unmatched by Android. Plus better apps, more apps, and likely now a better camera. The A9 sounds beastly too. Keeping the 6 for another year is wise choice however.

Keeping the 6 for another year is the best choice right now, hell even for 2 years it's not bad. The phone is great.

But I'm actually moving back to android because I really like what HTC, LG, OnePlus and Samsung are offering on the other side and I can get them without playing $200 more.

nortonff

My GF is in love with the Rose Gold, may be a Christmas pick up.

Oh, come on.

Do you mean to tell me that you don't have R$ 4000 laying around to buy such marvelous product? ;)

Lol yeah fuck me right.
I have a friend in US who could bring me one but would still be expensive.

alterno69

Banned
Usual stuff from apple, i'm reslly happy with my 6+ , bought my wife the 6 yesterday, coning from a 4s she will love it no doubt.

Tripolygon

Banned
Bullshit, that use to be the case 2-3 years ago. My iPhone 6 lags all the time, this comment is typed on my iPhone 6. The OS lags, the apps lag, the web browser is worst because of low ram.

2 years ago I would use the overall ecosystem and performance as an excuse but it's bullshit now. Every popular app is cross platform, android has matured as a very stable and powerful OS and the specs of the devices have increased.

The just took out OIS from 6S just to differentiate it from the 6S+ again. That's bullshit.

Top Bottom