• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

Just got this message while updating my Apple Watch tonight:

"Your apple ID and phone number are being used for FaceTime on a new Apple Watch"

Is this normal? Got it on my Mac and iPhone.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this message while updating my Apple Watch tonight:

"Your apple ID and phone number are being used for FaceTime on a new Apple Watch"

Is this normal? Got it on my Mac and iPhone.
Assuming this means FaceTime audio calls are available directly from the watch even when the phone is off / not nearby (on wifi). Was this supported before?

I know you could previously still get iMessages without the iPhone present (with the watch on a known wifi network).

Aldebaran

Is a used series 0 worth getting for ~ 200€? The slow processor scares me a bit, even though the performance should be acceptable with watchOS 3.

number11

New OS is so much better. There's a few apps I wouldn't touch on the watch just because of how slow it would take. The new dock and added complications is just what the watch needed.

Yeah as I think I've said a few times in this thread if you don't need GPS/waterproofing and you own a generation one watch it doesn't make much sense to upgrade this year.

Yeah, WatchOS 3 fixes a great many things about last year's Apple Watch. I have zero reason to upgrade this year as I bring my iphone along when I exercise. Waterproofing is nice, but I can wait til next year.

Everything is speedy as heck now (compared to WatchOS 2). Pretty happy.

Yeah, I got the same message after updating mine.

Assuming this means FaceTime audio calls are available directly from the watch even when the phone is off / not nearby (on wifi). Was this supported before?

I know you could previously still get iMessages without the iPhone present (with the watch on a known wifi network).

Oh that would make sense. I didnt know you could get iMessages on the Watch without your phone present. I disabled all notifications as soon as I got the Watch lol.

Is a used series 0 worth getting for ~ 200€? The slow processor scares me a bit, even though the performance should be acceptable with watchOS 3.

I've definitely noticed an improvement after WatchOS 3. Its a lot smoother and faster.

Aldebaran

Yeah as I think I've said a few times in this thread if you don't need GPS/waterproofing and you own a generation one watch it doesn't make much sense to upgrade this year.
I don't own one, it'd be my first Apple Watch. The updated series 1 is 339€ here, while a used series 0 is about 200€. I'm still not sure if the better processor is worth 139€.

Top Bottom