• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's June 10 WWDC keynote may happen at the same time as Microsoft's E3 presser

JCreasy

Damn . . .

Just imagine if Apple does decide to reveal a new television at their keynote. That would be HUGE.

Now imagine what it would be like at the MS conference. All those journos on their laptops, watching their feeds, seeing the Apple news. MS would immediately lose everyone's attention. A murmur would go through the crowd as they whisper to one another the "Holy Shit" Apple news.

Seriously. June 10th is going to be awesome.

Damn . . .

Just imagine if Apple does decide to reveal a new television at their keynote. That would be HUGE.

Now imagine what it would be like at the MS conference. All those journos on their laptops, watching their feeds, seeing the Apple news. MS would immediately lose everyone's attention. A murmur would go through the crowd as they whisper to one another the "Holy Shit" Apple news.

Seriously. June 10th is going to be awesome.

I think announcing a full television set wouldn't be a great idea on Apple's part. Television sets, and the experience of watching broadcast television, are both clunky as hell in a lot of ways, but the TV market (and the videogame market) just isn't incredibly profitable, and Apple prefers to go after very profitable markets.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. I just feel like they might be better off to keep making the Apple TV set top box a better product.

dream

This is a bit off-topic but what is Apple planning to show? Is it a big deal?

Software, for sure. Beyond that, who knows?

I'd imagine that this will be an eventful morning, though, given that this is Apple's first presentation in seven months.

I thought Apple stopped livestreaming their keynotes. I'll just read about the announcements while watching the Microsoft conference anyway.

Rafy

As long as it's Microsoft and not Sony... Plus Apple does not stream their event, so live blog while watching Microsoft, it's a viable solution.

Very possible we'll see the future of the Mac Pro line at WWDC as well.

That's huge news for that segment, as Apple really hasn't had a new product for the professional photo/video/audio/design market in ages.

Apple said they'd address this market this year, and WWDC would be the ideal place to do it.

dream

Apple could stream this; historically, they randomly decide to stream bigger events. The iPad Mini announcement was streamed, IIRC.

Cipherr

Does it matter?

As a gamer, I know which conference I'm going to tune into. The other I can go to Engadget afterwards to read the announcements.

This is probably why the One reveal was only about the technical side of the console, features, etc.

E3 conference will be all about the games, so it happening at the same time won't really matter as they'll be focused on very different things. Not sure why people are getting so excited.

I'll be watching Microsoft's E3 game unveiling. What gamer would give an Apple conference even one second during E3? LOL

All of this. I'm not seeing the problem. I/O, WWDC, whatever. As a gamer I'm watching E3. There are plenty of tech sites for me to see whats going on outside of gaming AFTER I watch a shitload of games get debuted at E3.

Pretty sure they have shared the same day before. I want to see games, good ones. Ones that I will likely buy, only one place is going to be showing that. E3.

sotw4-5.jpg

You've changed the rules

bh7812

Banned
I wonder....could this be the Apple TV with the capability to run Apps and games with a physical controller I've had a feeling they'd do?! Son of a biiiiitch, wow.....Microsift's headaches are about to get worse anyway. Apple may as well show their box now!

border

Has any big news come out of WWDC since Apple moved their hardware announcements till September/October?

If there isn't going to be a new iPad or new iPhone unveiled, I really can't imagine them stealing all of Microsoft's thunder.

Has any big news come out of WWDC since Apple moved their hardware announcements till September/October?

If there isn't going to be a new iPad or new iPhone unveiled, I really can't imagine them stealing all of Microsoft's thunder.

new iOS version, this will be the first one since jony ive took over. Pretty huge.

border

new iOS version, this will be the first one since jony ive took over. Pretty huge.

They always detail features on a new iOS version at WWDC. But how much impact is that really going to have? What features are really going to help them own and control the press cycle?

The reason people used to go nuts over WWDC is because they always announced a new iPhone there. But they've since stopped doing that.

They always detail features on a new iOS version at WWDC. But how much impact is that really going to have? What features are really going to help them own and control the press cycle?

The reason people used to go nuts over WWDC is because they always announced a new iPhone there. But they've since stopped doing that.

every article will be about some random new feature, then there's refreshes for stuff, then liveblogs, then images and whatever else.

Apple gets tech blogs the most hits BY FAR. They will find ways to fill up their sites with apple news, even if there isn't much lol.

raven777

their new iOS7 will be a lot bigger buzz than previous iOS because Ive is now developing it and people expect major overhaul.

WWDC is really big deal. REALLY BIG.

lockload

Oh no what will we do? in the age of video on demand, countless websites reporting on both i guess we will cope

This may come as a sunrise to some but most people work in the day anyway

Replicant

Wario64 said:
I thought GAF has declared iOS isn't part of gaming? So we shouldn't have to worry.
Shaneus said:
That's alright, MS has declared the same thing for their next console.

tumblr_lpspft8tzJ1qchccko1_500.gif

Go, go Apple! Show MS who's the boss in commanding the most attention.

EDIT: Just remember about Retina mini. I guess that's where my extra $400 will go to instead.

Jaruru

Superior company showing superior products in a superior city.

All is right with the world.

Btw, is WWDC always happens around E3 period, it never have a conflict with any gaming conference??

I'm interested to know if Apple picked jun 10th on purpose. WWDC on Monday?

HooYaH

New AppleTV with SDK, focus on game showcase. Work with 3rd party (say logitech) to release a controller.

It'll be funny if Tim Cook comes on Sony Press Conference to announce a partnership with Sony TV and AppleTV SDK for PS4. Truly would be a Megaton. Too bad we don't get any of those these days.

Amey

Another iphone or ipad? Or ios7 that looks like win8-metro?

naah... not for me.

I'll much rather watch Xbone's CG/pre-rendered gameplays.

They will probably go with a Flat design like in metro. I mean all the shit in IOS is pretty stupid. Tape Deck really????
Also this has been the recurring date i think last year and the year before totally taken out of context but hey get in a circle and pull them pants down.

Top Bottom