• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's September 12 Event | It's almost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

t1347469200z1.png

TPXYi.png

sIWL+

• What to expect: A new iPhone, iOS 6, and possibly new iPods.
  • When is it coming out?: Sept. 21, 2012.
  • What not to expect: iPad mini, new Macs, an Apple TV, a live stream of the event.
  • Leaks: There have been many, but I'd rather not put them here if you don't want to be spoiled. If you wish to go through them, check out the previous iPhone rumor thread.

mwbA+

4awM+

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I might just keep my 4S until the next update gets released. If a new iPod Touch gets released, my mom is probably going to get one.

KingKong

I'm not upgrading from 4S but I'm so hyped up. There's got to be at least one surprise, right? If everything has already been leaked then I'll be sad :(

SimleuqiR

The girlfriend is looking to get this thing called "The new "I" phone." Need to know when it will be ready for pre-order on Verizon.

mitheor

I´m upgrading my smartphone (4S) this Q so it´ll be either iPhone5 or Note2.

Drop the bomb Apple, please.

Ps. Subscribed

Kosmo

Banned
Prediction time!

• Larger, elongated screen (we all know this)
  • New, smaller docking port
  • Wireless charging - this is the reason for the textured back, I think
  • New headphones (all but confirmed)
  • 4G LTE
  • Longer battery life, due to more room on the internals

I've had a 4 since launch and I've been waiting over 2 years for this version of the iPhone to be released. Been eligible for an upgrade since last December, and my contract ended in June. I can't wait!

I might be upgrading from iPhone 4 to this new iPhone, I guess it all depends on how awesome the new one is.

Pretty happy with my iPhone 4 to be honest. however it´s always fun to have new stuff :)

one thing that is important, is the thickness of it, hopefully its thinner than an iphone 4.

I have an iPhone 4 and am itching to upgrade. Not sure if I will try to do it before the holiday, or after the new year. Contract is up on current one in February, so let's see if Verizon is forgiving.

Bgamer90

Banned
Prediction time!

• Larger, elongated screen (we all know this)
  • New, smaller docking port
  • Wireless charging - this is the reason for the textured back, I think
  • New headphones (all but confirmed)
  • 4G LTE
  • Longer battery life, due to more room on the internals

Everything except wireless charging is pretty much all guaranteed at this point.

dwebo

hoping they announce the ipad mini at this event too, even though lately everyone's saying that'll be in october instead. well, fuck 'em

while I'll probably get an iphone5, I'm more interested in what amazon and nintendo announce. phones are boring

MarkusRJR

What's the chance they update any of the iPods at this event (touch, nano, or shuffle)? I need a new iPod but the current nanos are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom