• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Pikma

Banned
This thing about Shibata was going to happen sooner rather than later though, the NJPW big match workstyle was and continues to be simply unsustainable.

I'm just very glad Shibata is alive, conscious and in complete control of his body.

Here's what Nakamura had to say in case someone here missed it:

Pro Wrestling in Japan has been trending more and more to dangerous moves. As we've seen with Honma and Shibata, people do get seriously injured and maybe its time to think and to change. I've always been worried about Shibata's bumping and then something like this happens. He always takes bumps 100%. I think this is a time for every wrestler to re-think dangerous moves and risk-taking during matches.

Goto vs Suzuki is booked for Road to WRESTLING DONTAKU 2017 on the 27th

So if you're keeping score we're getting between April 27th and May 3rd:

Goto vs Suzuki, Ishii vs Omega II, Tanahashi vs EVIL II, Ricochet vs Takahashi, Naito vs Juice Robinson

And in the curiosity category: Okada vs Fale in the ultimate test of Okada's abilities as a man of amazement

And in the could be good category: Cody vs David Finlay

Plus a shit ton of tag matches where at least a bunch should be really fun

Beefy

This thing about Shibata was going to happen sooner rather than later though, the NJPW big match workstyle was and continues to be simply unsustainable.

I'm just very glad Shibata is alive, conscious and in complete control of his body.

Here's what Nakamura had to say in case someone here missed it:

Talking sense. Why I wince when I see the real wrestling shit some people post on here.

Holy crap

NJPW found the dragon gate water well

C9RIF1rXcAIgJgC.jpg

Pikma

Banned
Oh and he also said this about Ziggler:

As you can see, I might be bigger but he is more agile and has wrestling fundamentals and technique that you are able to put your trust in.

Lol

Freedom! AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

1. Another shite Blue OP
2. Wow @ that shanafan stuff earlier, proudest moment of being in this community was seeing yall Quickly and Unanimously shut that shit down this morning. Fuck ignoring or in any way downplaying bullying and the serious harm it's capable of doing to its victims
3. Speaking of bullying and good things you folks do, I've gotta state two things here: Super proud of the continued spreading of each major publication/story about the JBL situation and posting other stuff (the pro-Mauro sign seriously made my week). Second and most important, glad to see people finally joining the Fuck Nash train. Choo choo
Umaga is GOAT tier.

what da fook
5. I'm gonna miss Shibata a lot, but the only other way this story was going to end was him coming back, pulling a Bryan (not changing his style even a bit), getting hurt worse and being in worse shape. At least this way he's alive and not doing the dumbass harmful thing more.
6. I love you folks lots. One of the best communities of individuals out there, all of you are important and great, never ever forget it. I love you all.
7. Above all else: stay in the fort. One time I didn't do what I said myself. Never again. Fort Forever, OT Never

From British Moonson in the previous thread:

Holy Shit

So, this Shibata thing, I don't really watch Japanese Wrestling, but what happened exactly? Did he just go down after headbutting an opponent or was it something they took him to the hospital for after a match was over?

I have been worried about Okada for a few months now.

The matches he has been putting on this year have been really insane. His body must be an absolute wreck already and it is only mid-April.

Beefy

Freedom! AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

1. Another shite Blue OP
2. Wow @ that shanafan stuff earlier, proudest moment of being in this community was seeing yall Quickly and Unanimously shut that shit down this morning. Fuck ignoring or in any way downplaying bullying and the serious harm it's capable of doing to its victims
3. Speaking of bullying and good things you folks do, I've gotta state two things here: Super proud of the continued spreading of each major publication/story about the JBL situation and posting other stuff (the pro-Mauro sign seriously made my week). Second and most important, glad to see people finally joining the Fuck Nash train. Choo choo

what da fook
5. I'm gonna miss Shibata a lot, but the only other way this story was going to end was him coming back, pulling a Bryan (not changing his style even a bit), getting hurt worse and being in worse shape. At least this way he's alive and not doing the dumbass harmful thing more.
6. I love you folks lots. One of the best communities of individuals out there, all of you are important and great, never ever forget it. I love you all.
7. Above all else: stay in the fort. One time I didn't do what I said myself. Never again. Fort Forever, OT Never

Welcome back!

So, this Shibata thing, I don't really watch Japanese Wrestling, but what happened exactly? Did he just go down after headbutting an opponent or was it something they took him to the hospital for after a match was over?

He cracked his skull and gave himself brain damage and a subdermal hematoma with a headbutt.

Added nothing overall to the match and may have ended his career.

Anth0ny

here's the headbutt

it's something shibata has done before in big matches

he continued and finished his 5 star match with okada... once it was over he could barely get to the back without falling over. was rushed to the hospital and needed surgery right there.

Shibata was able to finish the match but was stumbling all over the place on the way back, which most people thought was a work. Then he didn't recover and was sent to the hospital where they found the hemotama and had to operate.

Pikma

Banned
Freedom! AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

1. Another shite Blue OP

what da fook
Welcome back<3

here's the headbutt

it's something shibata has done before in big matches

he continued and finished his 5 star match with okada... once it was over he could barely get to the back without falling over. was rushed to the hospital and needed surgery right there.

Damn... That's some stiff headbutt. I hope he can fully recover and live a normal life from here on out.

See, as much as I love Daniel Bryan in the ring, this kind of thing is what terrifies me every time he's like "They won't let me wrestle" and "Lets see where I am when my contract expires." I'm petrified this dude is going to kill himself on live TV. I had hoped he'd chill out when Brie got pregnant, but he's still talking about getting back in the ring. :/

Pikma

Banned
Peter Rosenberg
@Rosenbergradio

"I apologize in advance to anyone who is listening to cheap heat hoping to hear me bury JBL. I only speak on my experience-not ur storyline"

Another piece of shit steps up for that pathetic little coward

Damn... That's some stiff headbutt. I hope he can fully recover and live a normal life from here on out.

See, as much as I love Daniel Bryan in the ring, this kind of thing is what terrifies me every time he's like "They won't let me wrestle" and "Lets see where I am when my contract expires." I'm petrified this dude is going to kill himself on live TV. I had hoped he'd chill out when Brie got pregnant, but he's still talking about getting back in the ring. :/
His kid is set to be born in only a few weeks. I hope having a kid makes him realize that he should focus on his family.

Top Bottom