• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arab man killed by racist neighbor in Tulsa, OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinkai

Oh shit a fellow Tulsa gaffer, Owasso is REALLY bad. I used to live there so I know that.

Nice to meet ya fellow Tulsa/Owasso gaffer. Currently living in Owasso at the moment, haven't had any terrible run-ins with the police yet. But my roommates have had plenty of stories from when they have and it's never been great. Rumors of corruption have been going around lately from what I've been told.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
And this is a good example of why Trump not only needs to lose he needs to be annihilated. We as a nation need to send a deafening shout that we don't condone his and his supporters racism.

Its illegal in most states, including Oklahoma, for a convicted felon to own a weapon so his gun was illegal and he definitely should have been stripped of that. The cops and judges poorly served that family :(

Ultryx

See this is one of those situations where I believe (firmly) this person should have their life ended in exchange. I just do.

He is clearly pure evil.

Edit: He was a convicted felon. Had firearms. What the fuck?

Dude is 67 with no hope of rehabilitation or change.

Hit 'em in the head with a brick and dump the body in a ditch somewhere. All that needs to be done.

VariantX

Yeah this isn't a feud, it's a hate crime perpetrated by a stupid racist fool. Lock him away for life.

I feel terrible for the family...

Yeah, they're trying to be real cute with the wording so they don't attract national attention. It would shine a big light not only how poorly they handled this case, but probably a mountain's worth of incompetence or just situations of them just outright not giving a shit. Calling this shit a feud is disrespectful as hell to the victims.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
See this is one of those situations where I believe (firmly) this person should have their life ended in exchange. I just do.

He is clearly pure evil.

Edit: He was a convicted felon. Had firearms. What the fuck?

It's mind mindbogglingly easy for anyone to get a firearm. All the guy had to do was cruise a gun show parking lot or craigslist.

Shaanyboi

Banned
An innocent man dies because a known violent racist individual is apparently free to own a fucking firearm.

Fucking horrible.

zethren

Banned
Yeah, they're trying to be real cute with the wording so they don't attract national attention. It would shine a big light not only how poorly they handled this case, but probably a mountain's worth of incompetence or just situations of them just outright not giving a shit. Calling this shit a feud is disrespectful as hell to the victims.

I hope this story catches some form of national media attention. It really has to.

Crocodile

WTF WTF WTF

Why was this man allowed to have a gun? Why was he out on bail/bond when he ADMITTED to committing a hate crime? Why were the police so worthless even though they knew what was going on?

WTF WTF WTF

Can someone please politicize the hell out if this? Some sort of change needs to come out of this. This man can't have died in vain!

SaganIsGOAT

It is almost as if these paranoid gun owner's enemies they need to defend themselves from come from a place of illusion and shitty concepts in their minds. Interesting. fascinating.

Unfortunately this is a example of why people say they don't bother calling police. Esp if you're minority.

this is exactly how I feel.

my wife kept her "white" last name (her dad is white, her mom latina) with the thinking it would help on job applications, and probably for situations like in the OP.

Ultryx

It's mind mindbogglingly easy for anyone to get a firearm. All the guy had to do was cruise a gun show parking lot or craigslist.

Most people do not acquire firearms through the private transaction method. I would gladly wager than a majority of them occur through FFL transactions.

However, I personally believe that every single gun purchase or transfer should take place under the supervision and approval of an FFL.

It's not that hard. I'm a gun owner and supporter of the 2A. Merely one step to help curb gun violence and violence in general.

CBTech

This is so sad. One of my friends lives in the same neighborhood. He was posting on facebook how cops had set up in his backyard. I'm glad the murderer was caught.

Its not shocking something like this happened in Tulsa,OK given that city's history. I believe the Tulsa PD were the ones who let the volunteer cop (aka the guy who donated them a lot of money) shoot and kill an unarmed man.

Ronin Ray

I am not the smartest person but if you admit a hit and run was on purpose because of the other person race why is it not attempted murder at that point?

Racist piece of shit probably thought he was an American hero or some shit. I don't know what goes through their minds but one thing is for sure this motherfucker shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Great country we live in where people decide that no there's no need to fix this shit because amendment.

Unfortunately this is a example of why people say they don't bother calling police. Esp if you're minority.
Depends where you live. My family and I dealt with our own psycho racist neighbor who was harassing us, but we lived in the suburbs in a friendly town I guess so when shit like this happened the sheriff came by, personally visited the neighbor and told him to cut the shit out or that he'd personally put him in jail. The guy didn't stop but my family decided he was doing it for the attention so we ignored him. Days later we found out he killed himself in his car.

This wasn't a feud, it was a straight up harassment campaign that turned into what looks like premeditated murder

Yea I really really hate the subtle use of certain words to try and downplay a situation like this. This wasn't two people mutually beefing. This was one side being full on aggressive while the other did nothing to provoke such behavior except not be White.

This wasn't a feud, it was a straight up harassment campaign that turned into what looks like premeditated murder

Yea I really really hate the subtle use of certain words to try and downplay a situation like this. This wasn't two people mutually beefing. This was one side being full on aggressive while the other did nothing to provoke such behavior except not be White.

I am not the smartest person but if you admit a hit and run was on purpose because of the other person race why is it not attempted murder at that point?

Because minorities aren't people. Don't think "no rights a White man is bound to respect" only applied to Black folk...

RPGCrazied

How does he even have a weapon??? Please, at least Hillary will do *some* gun reform. This shit is ridiculous.

Hope he rots in prison.

The fact that he legally has a motherfucking gun is enraging. This is utterly disgusting. A hate crime. I feel so sorry for that family, having to live next to a racist piece of shit like that who has made it his number one mission to harass and kill you.

RangerX

Banned
These stories always get to me. The victims tried to do everything they could within the law, using the authorities who are supposed to protect them, and they still get fucked over. Tragic.

Looks like the story is getting some steam. On CNN and The Guardian now.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/us/tulsa-arab-american-shooting-trnd/index.html
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/16/oklahoma-shooting-khalid-jabara-stanley-majors

These stories always get to me. The victims tried to do everything they could within the law, using the authorities who are supposed to protect them, and they still get fucked over. Tragic.

How can you not feel hopeless in this situation yknow? I wonder if the family can lawyer up somehow.

I want to see when he bought that gun, it sounds like Majors got out of jail for attempted murder and bought a gun legally.

Timeline makes the reality of it so much worse too

• 2012 -> Convicted of Assault with a deadly weapon and making “criminal threats" in CA
  • Between 2012 & 2013 -> Majors moves to OK
  • August 6, 2013 -> Neighbors file a restraining order against Majors for clear harassment
  • March 18, 2015 -> Majors arrested and charged with violating the restraining order.
  • 2015 -> Majors tries to murder neighbor with a car because of her race/ethnicity/nationality, admitted to exactly that, put in jail
  • May 25, 2016 -> Majors released from jail for bonding out.
  • July 12, 2016, 6:40PM -> Police arrive after Neighbor calls regarding report of someone knocking on the Jabaras’ windows but did not question Majors
  • July 12, 2016, 6:48PM, 8 minutes after police left-> Majors kills other member of same Neighbor family with a gun that he may have just bought
How did this man get a gun? Rather when will the US ever stop a man like this from buying a gun?

And honestly law enforcement had every opportunity to see this coming, to do something about it. I do feel it's likely more a larger system flaw than any individual officer's fault but damn does it look heartless

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Should we call this "radical white terrorism"?

Reading up on this case, Majors stalked and attacked people for years based on ethnicity, informed by an ideology of white nationalism. Even before getting a gun and shooting someone, the man fits the description of a radicalized person.

SeanC

Did he buy that gun?
Why was he allowed to buy that gun?
WHY DID HE HAVE A GUN!?

Oklahoma has some of the most lax gun laws in the country (also top ten in gun violence but that's just a coincidence I'm sure). This guy probably woke up that morning, got angry, googled the nearest gun show (there's, like, one every weekend in OK or even nearby in Arkansas) and had a gun by lunch.

Kisaya

This makes my blood boil. All the family wanted was to feel safe and law enforcement failed to protect them. I can't believe a such a tragedy was allowed to happen.

Keasar

Oklahoma has some of the most lax gun laws in the country (also top ten in gun violence but that's just a coincidence I'm sure). This guy probably woke up that morning, got angry, googled the nearest gun show (there's, like, one every weekend in OK or even nearby in Arkansas) and had a gun by lunch.

I hope every motherfucker who support the second amendment in America soon is shunned like the fucking plauge soon. Because this man's, and all before him, death is on them. Every, single, motherfucking one.

Americans don't deserve guns.

They shouldn't be fucking allowed near them.

May Führer Hillary crack down on these dickheads with all her might and smite their weaponry out of their hands and closets.

Dai101

Banned
Should we call this "radical white terrorism"?

Don't be silly

cFL3G6B.jpg

No such thing.

I guess when you have to live life as bloated half-melted candle, the only way to give yourself that feeling of superiority is vehement, murderous racism?

That's the trick of White supremacy. It tricks White people. Convince guys like this to focus on minorities long enough for the system to run his pockets while he ain't looking.

Police don't protect you from stalkers, they put up the tape and take pictures later.

This is the problem. On so many societal levels.

The problem is not the gun, he could run him over, or use a knife, or whatever. Don't lose sight of the elephant in the room

The gun itself isn't the problem. The fact that this scumfucker with a clear criminal history had a gun is clearly a problem. Other states have better systematic safeguards in place to remove firearms from people like this. OK should implemented them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have zero doubt this man would have killed, even without access to a gun. What do you do when your neighbors do this? How do you get help?

SeanC

The problem is not the gun, he could run him over, or use a knife, or whatever. Don't lose sight of the elephant in the room

We can talk about both elephants. One is he's a racist piece of shit fueled by rhetoric. Second is that easy access to guns makes it easier for people to act on their hatred while simultaneously giving them an easier way to murder.

Edit: Actually three elephants, minorities unable to count on police.

aeolist

Banned
40% of the country will defend this man's right to own a firearm to the death and proclaim that any attempt to take away that right is literal tyranny

america 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom