• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arby's sets Guinness world record for longest aired TV commerical with 13 hour spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Arby’s Sets Guinness World Record with 13-Hour Commercial of Smoked Brisket:

If there was a channel that aired nothing but smoked meats 24/7, I’d watch it in a heartbeat. Looks like Arby’s came pretty close to that dream when they aired a 13-hour TV spot promoting their Smokehouse Brisket Sandwich. The sandwich is made with smoked beef brisket, smoked gouda, a tangy smoked barbecue sauce (I’m sensing a theme here), mayo and fried onions.

The brisket is said to be slow-smoked for 13 hours long before hitting the bun, thus the 13-hour commercial. The spot ran May 24 on a station in Duluth, Minnesota, setting a Guinness World Record for the longest television commercial to ever air.

So it was pretty much 13 hours of this:

hGLu28Q.jpg

For those who missed it, Arby’s will air the incredibly long commercial online on May 28 at http://www.13hourbrisket.com

PS8Pxbl.png

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
13 hours is how long I feel like shit after eating Arbys.

I didn't know people hated Arby's so much.

It used to be my favorite eats, but the meat quality has gone done a lot, the buns are way too small for as much rubber meat they cram in there, and the fries have lost almost all flavor.

Every once in a while when I'm driving by I see an Arby's and I'm like "you know, why haven't I gone there in a while?" I go in and one bite later, "...oh, right".

13 hours though...I'd just get a yule log. And it would taste better. BOOM!

akira28

I wonder how popular Arby's is in Minnesota. The one time I was there, I did seek out an Arby's. In the Mall of America.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Oh good, more material for The Daily Show.

Vyroxis

Banned
I didn't know people hated Arby's so much.

It's not really warranted. Its decent fast food, better than a lot of places. I would sooner eat there than BK, McDonalds, or Sonic. About even with most other places, but well below Wendy's in terms of taste.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Is it just me or does anyone else think that one piece of meat looks like a turtle?

God damn it, I haven't had any decent brisket since I left the southwest, and now I am craving it even more. Everything I can find up here comes precorned. The fuck.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
If there are any ad wizards browsing this thread, I would watch Agent Beaman's wife eat Big Montanas for 13 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom